Inactivity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I normally play on the Danish Server, but I wanted to share this with everybody in all the Ogame universes.
    Sorry for my bad English & im not sure it haven’t been up before somewhere, anyways here it goes.

Sadly there are so many inactive accounts out there and I know that on the Danish server has been a lot of small “ happenings” to get players to play again or to get more players into dying universes.

What made me thing about this inactivity is something from my own personal little universe: Some time ago some of my colleagues thought it would be a great idea to get me to play this onlinegame called West, so I made an account and forgot about it again, after all I have Ogame right !

A few days ago I got an email from West team -> "Vultures are circling ... Howdy Slyngel, the vultures are becoming hungry and death smells a good business: Your character in Arizona will be deleted for 5 days due to inactivity. If you're hungry for adventure on the prairie once again, then saddle your horse, load your Winchester and log in again" !!!

That made it seem like a pretty artificial way to keep the number of players high in various Ogame universes to keep all the Inactives “alive”.
    If you think about it, the inactive mines stop producing raw Materials after 28 / 30 days, so it seems a little DOOH to leave them on a good spot in the galaxy that otherwise could be used by active players and why farm an account that’s empty - just asking ?

I think it could be a great idea if GameForce used the players activations emails in the same way as the West team did with me in my case.
    We already get announcements that way, Dark Matter happy Hours and so on, so why not also “don’t waste your account” mail.
    If people don’t care about it, then its just fine and GF will delete it.
    There are accounts in inactivity mode that has Dark Matter, they should just a "hey rember me" mail.

For example: When the account hits the 30th day mark of inactivity, the player should receive a remember your account mail and then another last change to rule your Empire mail before GameForce goes in and delete the inactive account! (Not banned accounts of course).

I think that could bring some accounts back into activity or if the player really don’t wanna play more and is a cool person, put the account into the trade section and into new hands.
    That could bring new players or give a “newcomer” a good boost if s/he gets one of those lost accounts.
    There's properly no fleet or defence on those accounts mostly, so it still requires a willing person and could in the end it also give GameForce a little plus income in form of players buying Dark Matter / Win Win situation.

I hope this can give a healthy discussion.

Sincerely Slyngel.
  • It is a good practice. As far as I remeber inactive accounts used to receive a similar warning .
    Sounded like :
    Emergency distress call for <player name>!
    Your fleet is drifting through the universe without a leader! Requesting orders!
    You haven’t played OGame for the last 14 days.
    Do you no longer feel like coming by?

then the message was followed with an invitation to other Gameforge games

not sure if now they are sending this or not
  • Slyngel: Exactly! I have neighbour in game with inactivity from 16.09.2010 (and that is only first note from me about him). It is more than stupid, as there are two places occupied only for that, he had some DarkMatter. And i know couple of others around our uni galaxy.
    It is nothing easier, as to send a email message after 30Days to those, who are inactive. Can be sent three warnings till deletion or so. But this situation with unlimited inactivity is demoralizing among players.
    I am very sad, that this thema has not came to more replies as only one. This should be/ must be solved..
    GF come on!..
    -Ogame Recension-
    Ogame need a change!
    -Check my account for my ideas-