Protection of weaker user - First Discussion [closed]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• badkarma wrote:

My first thought is.. WHAT THE FUCK ? Yeah, sorry for the language, but there's no other word I can use for that.

The noob protection change is a good one, 5k points was ridiculous, but this is insane. We already have trouble finding targets, and now we are totally limited by this system.
    On the fornax.fr, the top1 has 111M of points, it means that he can't attack players below 11M points. Absolutely stupid.

And the fleet saving ? Seriously ?
    It's hard enough to find deuterium to send fleet, to attack people, and now they can automatically escape without even being connected ?
    What if I phalanx someguy, and that my fleet strikes his planet 1s after his fleet returns to it, will he be able to escape ?
    If so, what's the use of the phalanx now ?

I really hope this update never affect the old universes.. And I think that you will be quite disappointed with the number of users on the next server that will open, it will be -very- low.

This new feature is sure only for new universes. The old, yet existing universes keep the current noob protection.

Quote copied from another thread, by Francolino
  • As I wrote on the french board, this new version is completely insane.

The only thing I like in this new version is that so many changes in a single version means dozens of new bugs (for each new release supposed to fix 1 or 2 bugs, there are 10 new bugs coming), that will discourage new players to register... So be it!

Why don't GF keep OGame like it is (or better, like it was), and create a new game (the name I would propose is "OFuck") with this new noob protection feature.

Edit: Thanks Francolino for having added my post - I thought it was a kind of censorship. I'm glad it's not, but only I was coming too early.
  • About the summaries (and in general) :

Please keep in mind that all settings and details need to be tested in the coming public test universe. Some details here are different to the current news.

Regards, Francolino
  • About the hideouts :

They are only usefull to give beginners a better feeling to be able to hide resources. Here are some examples :

Hideouts can store :
    Level 5 - 20.000 (20k)
    Level 10 - 68.000 (68k)
    Level 15 - 165.000 (165k)
  • badkarma wrote:

@ Francolino : when the old universes were forced to go on the redesign version, the argument was "the GF won't keep two different systems in parallel and update them differently."

Why would it be different this time ? I really hope it won't affect the existing universes, but like a lot of users, I have big doubts about it.

for redesign, there was a poll in all community.

like this one : board.ogame.fr/board27-informa…features-in-the-old-unis/
  • Hello everybody ! My post is more towards GF :

I'm sorry but I don't a good English.
    But I think that you will understand the most important ideas.
    I want to know something before my post :
    Why the " Protection of weaker user " didn't propose the 1st April ?
    When I view this ideas : I laughed ..
    And after, just after the reading of all the subject :
    I think : " Ogame is dead " and "the money is killing the game" .
    If you're here : It's thanks to us, the gamers and you haven't to ignore our opinion !
    In France, we start a survey : none of your ideas is retained. ( 90% of disagrees )

Protection of weaker user :
    I disagree. Ogame is a war game. For example you could increase the limit of weaker user depending of the age of universe.
    Escape of fleets : Now you want to kill the fighters ? You want to promote the players who don't know play ? The players who don't know how keep their fleet ?
    Military – Ranking: Why you want to change that ? The actual ranking is good.
    Honour points: Ogame isn't a mmorpg !

I'm so sorry for my English but please : understand me and all the community of French players
    Please ... abandon the reform . Because the community will not survive..
  • badkarma wrote:

@ Francolino : when the old universes were forced to go on the redesign version, the argument was "the GF won't keep two different systems in parallel and update them differently."

Why would it be different this time ? I really hope it won't affect the existing universes, but like a lot of users, I have big doubts about it.

The difference is simple, but very important :

Old design and redesign are separated code forks - It's senseless to care about both.
    The new feature to protect weaker player is like any other feature - They can switch it on or off and choose concrete settings (like changing uni speed or DF ratio)

DaftShadow wrote:

Please ... abandon the reform . Because the community will not survive..

This coming change would NOT be abandoned - The decision to change the gameplay with this feature is done.

But please note this :

- This feature is only for NEW universes, it's sure that the old, existing ones DON'T get this.
    - The current details and settings need to be checked out in the coming public test universe. It's possible that some setting would be changed with those experiences.

Regards, Francolino
  • Francolino wrote:

The difference is simple, but very important :

Old design and redesign are separated code forks - It's senseless to care about both.
    The new feature to protect weaker player is like any other feature - They can switch it on or off and choose concrete settings (like changing uni speed or DF ratio)

Regards, Francolino

So, take your responsibilities : Come on our board and post a message where you will say : '' You can switch it on or off and choose concrete settings (like changing uni speed or DF ratio) and we promise to never change this system (of vote) " Because, we don't want the same joke like the redesign ( I know it was a code problem but the players feel that like a scam )
  • I can't promise you anything (about OGame), but i can submit official information like here.

And this information is official : The protection of weaker user with all those settings and details comes ONLY to new universes, NOT to old universes.

You can qoute this posting in french board.

And about the "same joke like the redesign" - please explain what you exactly mean.

Regards, Francolino
  • Francolino wrote:

And about the "same joke like the redesign" - please explain what you exactly mean.
    There are many players ( who like or not the redesign ) who think that the passage to the redesign is a scam.
    At the first, the redesign is just in the new universe. At the end, in all the universe.
    The scam is where the application : we haven't the choice. We have suffered the redesign.
    I know you can't take a commitment but maybe you can pass this request to GF.
    They could take 'a written commitment' to calm anger of communities.

PS : I forwarded the message on the French board :huh:
  • Francolino wrote:

I can't promise you anything (about OGame), but i can submit official information like here.

And this information is official : The protection of weaker user with all those settings and details comes ONLY to new universes, NOT to old universes.

You can qoute this posting in french board.

Regards, Francolino
    Francolino, who is lying?

You write:

In this post (Protection of weaker user - Summaries [EN DE FR IT]), you can read:
    for now, the new version will be applied in new universes, in older ones maybe later, but modified

What is the truth, then?
  • benneb wrote:

benneb wrote:

badkarma wrote:

like this one : board.ogame.fr/board27-informa…features-in-the-old-unis/
    Like this one, where que question didn't say anything about the cost of the technology...

The poll was about:
    A - you can get as many planets as you want
    B - you moron will be stuck with only 9 planets

So what? A was a winner! What a surprise (nothing about the huge cost of Astrophysics to get more than 9 planets !)

If I make a poll like this one:
    A - I want to earn $10k / year
    B - I want to earn $100k / year

I guess you know the result: B is the winner...

Having a poll like that in all communities, does it mean anything? NO, NO, NO...!

If a community votes yes to such a poll, it doesn't mean they want to have the new design. It only means that players are dumb and not able to think. It's exactly what GF wants: noobs, noobs and more noobs! (noobs will get me more money, yeah!)
  • There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Ogame ?

As far I'm concerned , this update won't be a good thing for me , and for the gameplay.

What's the interest to apply this update ?

Making Money ?

Such a shame to see so bad seller !

People playing mining facilities won't be animore interested in this game ,
    without any big battle, do you think a little minute that they would stay oO

For sure they play for fun, but, they play to see big battles , to help some big players to build better fleets ... and to enjoy themselves by watching the bigger empires ... collapsing.

In my opinion, they will see the biggest empires collapsing , but not as they ever wanted , it will be by massive deletings ...

Finaly, gameforge is killing Ogame,
    It's just that simple.

No interest for fleet players, no interest for miners .... who would enjoy by playing on MONEY universes ? oO

And don't make laugth of your players,
    as it was made for redesign , this update will be applied on all ogame servers,
    It's just a question of time .... a little time.... tiny time ?
    I apologize for my bad english,
    I haven't been writting english for years ^^

P.S. Hi Bad" :werderw:
  • Francolino, once again, the GF has unleashed the french anger.. :) And it will probably make you feel that the french guys are the only one complaining, again. But look on the ogame.org board too. A LOT of people are complaining about these changes. A LOT.

This board has been created to create a new relationship with the community, as far as I know. Why are we again in this situation ? Why are there so many unsatisfied customers, because that's what we are for you, and no one communicates with us ? I really don't get it.

I cross my fingers and hope that thiese features will never be activate on the old universes..

PS : Hello Bubuche ;)
  • Incredible...

It was really hard to find such a dumb idea.

NOTHING is good and balanced in this "improvment"
    The prize of the stupidest sugg will go to the fleet escape or to the "10 % noob protect"

Francolino, you're searching people for the sugg area and you told us that "the decision is done" about an idea that 95 % of the users dislike (french board poll about this sugg) ?
    You and the GF really don't care about players ideas.
  • Kendiraton found evidence of lies. So stop taking us for idiots or 'fucking person' !
    The crawlers have to stop their comportment with the GF and they have to represent the [color=#0]discontent[/color]of the communities !
    The GF have to take a written commitment. Moreover I think that in the new universe the reform have to accept by vote.
    So, why don't stop your reform ? Because in France, all the universes with this system will not succeed and if there is a vote no server with this new rules will be created.