New ship: Starcrusher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New ship: Starcrusher

This is perhaps one of the best suggestions from Ogame.fi board. I posted another suggestion from the same author that should be considered along with this one, but i'm going to post that as a separate thread just to make discussion about these more simple.

New ship class: Starcrusher

While watching the anti-turtle crusade going on in multiple universes, I came up with an idea about a new, completely different kind of cannon that can be moved, which could give the oh so hated turtles a fighting chance against RIP-only fleets.
    Their base speed could be quite slow, possibly something between those of bombers and recyclers, and as can be seen from the cost, they are quite vulnerable, therefore requiring considerable amount of new tactics with fodder. The good news are their shield strenght and firepower.
    I was bored and actually managed to think something for the flavor: The ship in question is actually quite a small vessel, most of which consists of a huge hyperspace generator. It uses hyperdrive to move and it uses tremendously modified hyperspace technology as its weapon. When firing, it creates a hyperspace window inside the enemy vessel, tearing it apart and wrecking its systems completely. It probably doesn't come as a surprise that this thing consumes deuterium like om nom nom, and that it requires really efficient shields to not be destroyed when firing. It has close to none cargo space (it is a cannon after all) and has rapid fire only against Plasma Turrets and Death Stars.

Requirements:
    Shipyard 10
    Hyperspace technology 10
    Shielding technology 14
    Hyperspace drive 6

Cost per ship:
    10'000 metal
    25'000 crystal
    55'000 deuterium

Technical data:
    Structural integrity: 35'000
    Shield power: 1'000
    Weapon power: 5'000
    Base speed: 3'000
    Cargo capacity: 100
    Fuel consumption: 2'000

Rapid Fire:
    Death Star +5
    Plasma Turret +5

Rapid Fire from:
    Heavy Fighter -8

The basic idea is to have a new ship which forces RIP fleets to at least have some fodder.

Arguments for:
    -Turtling is a valid technique for playing even though it's widely hated.
    -Universes dominated by 1k RIP fleets would have something new to think about.
    -You can kick turtles with it too!
    -People want new ships anyway.

Arguments against:
    -Moon destruction becomes harder.
    -Turtles can be even more turtling after this comes in.
    -Obviously there are many people who never want to see this ship, fleeters see it as a threat.
    -"It doesn't cost enough lol"
  • Having RF against RIP, why not.
    But not with something so cheap (even if deuterium cost is quite high).

RIP: 5M metal + 4M crystal + 1M Deut
    Starcrusher: 10k Metal + 25k Crystal + 55k Deut

And a RF of 5 from starcrusher to RIP? You're kidding guys!

At least RF from RIP to starcrusher should be included.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense. Speed is much too high to fight agains RIPs this way...

PS. If it's one of the best suggestion that finland community can have, I am quite puzzled (BTW, none of the french suggestions are better, IMHO)
  • Yes. Starcrusher is cheap in material, but requires more advanced technology to build than a RIP. This also makes use for techs that are normally not worth studying so far. Same implies on the suggestion about Heavy Fighter.
    Read, think and think again before saying it is obsolete. ;)
  • To be honest I don´t really get the idea behind this ship at all

Arguments for:
    -Turtling is a valid technique for playing even though it's widely hated.
    -Universes dominated by 1k RIP fleets would have something new to think about.
    -You can kick turtles with it too!
    -People want new ships anyway.

Well there´s a very easy way for turtles to stop 1k rip fleets. You build rips yourself and put them behind the def. It may not be cheap, but it´s not supposed to be cheap to stop 1k rips when you don´t wanna fleetsave.

Why would I attack turtles with this ship? Makes absolutely no sense. RF against plasma does pretty much nothing since the ships should hit a plasma turret about 1 in 100 shots if there´s a normal amount of fodder on the planet.

Arguments against:
    -Moon destruction becomes harder.
    -Turtles can be even more turtling after this comes in.
    -Obviously there are many people who never want to see this ship, fleeters see it as a threat.
    -"It doesn't cost enough lol"

Why would MD missions become harder? If the player you´re trying to do a MD mission on is online and have ships to ninja, he will do that at all costs to save the moon. This ship doesn´t change that in any way.

The big problem here is that turtling would become way too cheap and rip fleets would be completely useless. The ship simply doesn´t cost enough and it will only benefit turtles
  • The problem with RIPs behind defense is the amount of debris they leave behind when they fall. This greatly improves possible profit of the attacker. Starcrusher's price is made high with deuterium (higher than Destroyer's in 3:2:1 ratio), but the SI is kept low. It makes ship pretty vulnurable, but also has small debris field.
    Because it's a ship, it fires before defense fodder and allows even small units to damage the RIP.

That's why I like the idea.

Shield is probably to high.

I don't like the idea because it makes player's effort of building a large fleet made mostly of RIPs pretty worthless.
    I can't picture them effectively attacking defense, so I must admit that the turtles would benefit more with this ship.
    Fleeter's could probably use them for attacking the player with RIPs. Small speed wouldn't be a problem if hunting for RIPs, but consumption could.
    If you lower the consumption, it will make them more attractive to fleeters. Turtles wouldn't benefit with that, because they won't move them anyway, so it evens a scale a bit.
    Life? Don't talk to me about life...
  • marv wrote:

The problem with RIPs behind defense is the amount of debris they leave behind when they fall. This greatly improves possible profit of the attacker. Starcrusher's price is made high with deuterium (higher than Destroyer's in 3:2:1 ratio), but the SI is kept low. It makes ship pretty vulnurable, but also has small debris field.
    Because it's a ship, it fires before defense fodder and allows even small units to damage the RIP.

That´s not really a problem except for the turtle who wants to be invincible for a much lower cost than he needs to. I m o you´re not supposed to be able to bunker up all planets so that not even rips can penetrate it.
  • Forger wrote:

Yes. Starcrusher is cheap in material, but requires more advanced technology to build than a RIP. This also makes use for techs that are normally not worth studying so far. Same implies on the suggestion about Heavy Fighter.
    Read, think and think again before saying it is obsolete. ;)
    Using techs that are not used so far, is this a goal? IMHO, no. Anyway, even with those techs upgrade, this vessel would be much too cheap to have RF against RIPs.
    Or you must consider some defenses having RF against fleet (same cost as your fake vessel, so why not, after all). And I'm completely against that change!
  • This ship would not only be useless.

Because DeathStars are faily rare.

It would just be terrible overall.

The Deathstar does not need a counter. Look at its Price, it costs 10 Million.
    The destroyeur has no counter even does well against other destroyers but suffers losses.

And the Plasma as the Top Tier of Defense is Already Countered by DeathStars and Destroyeurs.

In my Opinion this ship is a overall bad Idea and the Role you are trying to give it is just not needed and already has alternatives.

My ship Idea is 100X better. :)