Pinned Suggestions for special universes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "A 'collapsing' galaxy system." In essence after a year from the beginning of a uni two lowest populated galaxies would merge into one, with another merge after a year and a half and another after two years (I personally think this is a good idea for all Unis but maybe that is just me ;) )

note: this idea was stolen from a much more articulate player than myself who resides on .org
    • - An international server, so no language restrictions, all countries use the one server.
      - No advanced ships/defences (no Battlecruisers, no Bombers, no Destroyers, no Deathstars, no Plasma Turrets and no Gauss Cannons).
      - Multipliers for rapid fire (double rapid fire, half rapid fire etc).
      - Combat and Drive research increase values by 10% of the current value rather than 10% of the base value.
    • a better start

My suggestion would be to start new players from the middle of G5 instead of starting with G1 system 1
      Still with 4 players in each solar system.

Example: First player in 5:250:8, 5th player in 5:249:8, 9th player in 5:251:8 and so on
      continuing with 5:199-100, 5:300-399, 6:200-300, 4:200-300 and so on

Never starting new players in solar system 1-99 and 401-499 and never starting new players in G1/G9.

This would give a more equal start to all players - and better opportunities for developing the universe.
    • nuber2 wrote:

My suggestion would be to start new players from the middle of G5 instead of starting with G1 system 1
      Still with 4 players in each solar system.

Example: First player in 5:250:8, 5th player in 5:249:8, 9th player in 5:251:8 and so on
      continuing with 5:199-100, 5:300-399, 6:200-300, 4:200-300 and so on

Never starting new players in solar system 1-99 and 401-499 and never starting new players in G1/G9.

This would give a more equal start to all players - and better opportunities for developing the universe.

Yeah that's a nice idea :) !
    • MANA Universe

Create a universe where EACH day on a specific time you will get FREE resources.
      You will have no ability to build any resource building.
      You will be able to attack, build other buildings, but no resource buildings.
      You will have to satisfy yourself with the resources you get daily, like MANA from the sky.
      To get the resources you will have to login at the same day, else you don't get them.
      The rest of the rules as is, and possibly 4-5x speed :)

It's like you live in Eden.

INSTANT universe.

Create a universe where everything can be built INSTANTLY.
      Only flights will take time (2-3-4-5x...).
      Research will also be instant. This means that NOBODY will be able to SAVE resources.
      This will create constant battles and defence-building.
    • Don´t like the MANA. It is like import/export, but you get resources instead of boosters which improve your production (-> free extra resources)

The INSTANT universe is interesting. I see some pro´s and some cons.
      But then again, I do not see that happening at all :P (You can build things instantly already: just use some Dark Matter ... u see the problem here? .. ;) )
    • Noot wrote:

Don´t like the MANA. It is like import/export, but you get resources instead of boosters which improve your production (-> free extra resources)

The INSTANT universe is interesting. I see some pro´s and some cons.
      But then again, I do not see that happening at all :P (You can build things instantly already: just use some Dark Matter ... u see the problem here? .. ;) )

The difference is that the gameplay changes entirely is all is instant. Dark Matter could be used to actually build buildings with a timer for example. THAT is an interesting change.
    • Scourge of the AI expansion! (3 ships+) <-link
      Scourge of the AI expansion! (3 ships+) <- Latest Version. Possibly the final complete version!

My idea for an expansion for the game could be a special uni.. It's a bit complex but it might be interesting. 8) Still balancing it, but I think I'm closing in. Hopefully I don't run into any unavoidable snags.

Or

Scavange tech! With new scavange field(new debris type!) <-link

This could also be a cool special uni. And could fit in with other currently used special uni rules.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Articulon ().