deflector shild

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• deflector shild

hallo. i've got a question. hope my bad english will be enough to obtain the answer i'm looking for.

deflector shild.
      i know a deflector shild will bounce totally a shot with less than 1% of his power if it is operative, taking no danmage.
      but i don't understand why 100 heavy fighters (tecno 16/15/17) with a single firepower of 390 wont crush a large shild dome (tecno 10/10/10) (total shild 20'000)
      in the report i read... attacker fleet shot with a 39000 firepower, defender shild protect 38881.

the point is... my firepower is greater than 1% of large shild dome shild. and it wont bounce. and they deactivate the shild. but the shild absorb much more firepower than i would expect.

speedsim would have predict it correctly, so there must be a rules i don't know.
      i tryed to figure it out and i saw the absorb power of the shild will depend on the attacker weaponary tech. and all was strange.
      the point is ... in italian guides this rule is not mentioned. i tryed to ask in italian forum but i obtained no answer. so now i'm here to ask somebody that maybe have this combat rule mentioned on his country's guides.

thanks, and sorry for my english ^^
    • It is correct that the HFs shots will not bounce against a large shield dome. However after each round the shields are back at 100% regardless of how much was damaged the round before. So to destroy a large shield dome (or anything else for that matter) you need to get the shields down to 0% and do enough damage to the hull to destroy it, all in the same round. 100 HFs isn´t enough to take down the shield and damage the hull, that´s why it´s a draw.
    • sorry, my fault. my english is bad and you did not understand my problem.

my problem is...

the laser did not bounce back.
      the shild has a shild power of 20'000.
      in a single round the shild absorb 38810. so the shild has a hidden power of 18'810. where the hellthis ultrapower come from?

or, if you really wanna have a strange lookout you can speedsim another strangefull match.

100 cruiser tech 0-0-0 vs a single great shild dome (tech 0-11-0)
      total cruiser firepower 40'000
      not a single shot tottaly bounced, 400>210
      great shild dome shild: 21'000
      great shild dome armour 10'000.

guess the result? haha, no. the firepower should be enough to take away the shild dome in 1 round. but not in ogame or in speedsim. here will be a draw. and the shild will absorb almost everithyng regardless his true power. quite interesting huh?

yesterdey i found out why this would happen... and it was a little surprising. oh, well, this was just an idea, i've to test it to be true before posting. but if you wanna enjoy this oddness feel free to.
    • Long explanation on ogame.org board

Basically, shield damage is expressed as a percentage, then rounded down. In both fights, the units fire with about 1.95% of shield value. This is rounded down to 1% actual damage done (the 0.95% loss is counted to the absorbed total)

100HF all doing 1% damage means they do get through the shield, but nothing left to fire at the armour for that round...