Don't wait merging nearly empty universes - GF act now please.

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Don't wait merging nearly empty universes - GF act now please.

So I am in Hyperion. Nice thing about this Universe is, it has no ACS. And it stands alone because all the other universes have ACS. That makes merging it with another universe a bit troubling.

Nevertheless, there are probably more ACS universes with not so much players and we need to put several universes together to keep things alive. Gameforce thinks that it can keep earning money by opening new universes. But they have to consider WHY do players buy DM? Yes, to speed up things, buy items, move planets etc. All these actions are done to get higher in the ranking or giving yourself an advantage. But what does that advantage do you any good if there is hardly any competition?

My suggestion for now:
      Take the 4 least populated ACS universes and give those players a choice between a non-acs universe or an acs universe. I bet there are enough players in ACS universes who wishes they were in a non acs universe. All the players currently in Hyperion are playing there mainly because of the non acs so don't expect them to migrate to an acs universe willingly. So get other players here.
      I don't understand Gameforce in this situation in any case. More servers costs more money.

Gameforge:
      1 server : 10,000 players - 3 or 4 GO's, 1 or 2 game admins, less mods on the board - happy players in a full uni, full with activity and buying players who try to be the best and finally - less server costs.
      10 servers : 1,000 players each - 30 or 40 GO's needed, 10 or 20 game admins, 10 or 20 mods on the board - unhappy players - empty uni's without activity and finally - more server costs.
      100 servers : you do the math.....in any case : VERY EXPENSIVE

I mean, a child can figure this out that more servers isn't the answer. Join the stuff together, please. I am playing this game 12 years now. When I started it, there were only 2 universes on the Dutch server, but it was stuffed, 12,000 players on one server, everyone fighting for an empty spot. It was great. Imagine, 12,000 players times 10 colonies on average, gives you 120,000 planets to choose from to attack.

You can always create one BIG server with all the big guys, and one TRANSIT universe. In the game "Space Pioneers" (a very old ogame sort of kind of game) you start in a transit universe until you thought you were ready to join the big guys. Here it was possible to start your account, build it up, create a base, practice on specially made inactive players to gain resources and if you reached a certain amount of points then you automatically were transferred to the main universe. This transit universe can take away the fear starting players have for the big guys. You can always maintain n00b protection.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Demonfreak ().