Gameplay problems and options to link them maybe to gravi or laser tech

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gameplay problems and options to link them maybe to gravi or laser tech

Hi all,

At the .org board is a thread opened where gameplay problems we face are investigated and possibilities to link them maybe to the graviton or laser tech. As we know hyperspace isn't needed anymore since it will be linked to the cargo capacity.

Problems and ideas posted on the .org board will be placed here since the ogame develop team is at this board. The reason to ask at the .org board is because it is a busier board, unfortunately this board isn't very crowded.

Of course can problems, ideas, solutions and/or attachments to the laser or graviton tech be added here.

Problems and suggestions so far:

Aliendestroyer:
      - Research times become too long at some point.

- Deut costs for advanced fleeters become too high for fleetsaving.

- No need to invest in your moons after a while when you have a jump gate and high level phalanx, a new building is needed to stimulate investments in moons. Maybe a research can be attached to this.

Nixian:
      - Crystal being too valuable a resource. Since the introduction of astro (and the usage of BCs) the need for crystal has exploded and most of the time metal is given away for "free" and crystal is traded at 1-1 for deut. That imo is a major issue as deut is supposed to be the "valuable" resource and main shortage in the "food chain". (This ties into my next point)

- Universes dies (often fast). While this is almost impossible to prevent, the acceleration of this process seems to be happening, and in Tarazed the fleeters in my alliance is already becoming inactive and never flying because there are no targets. This in turn also decrease the value of deut because people are simply fleetsaving instead of constantly raiding. All of this is a negative cycle that kills off the universes. A possible suggestion to this could be to make laser tech and/or graviton turn Def into DF at a %.

Zorro09:
      - Increase the default storage capacity. That would make the game more popular with new players who wouldn't come back to only 20k after first starting and would also increase the rate that they would advance through farming.

The post was edited 2 times, last by aliendestroyer ().

• aliendestroyer wrote:

- Crystal being too valuable a resource. Since the introduction of astro (and the usage of BCs) the need for crystal has exploded and most of the time metal is given away for "free" and crystal is traded at 1-1 for deut. That imo is a major issue as deut is supposed to be the "valuable" resource and main shortage in the "food chain". (This ties into my next point)
      I don't know why, but communities diverged (I would expect the rules to be similar in all communities, since the game is the same). That is I think only of certain communities, or at least not in all of them.

In Spain we have a minimum rate of 2:1.5:1 and maximum of 3:2:1, there's no possibility to trade at 1:1 crystal:deuterium (or 2:1 metal:crystal).

Also Pushing rules seem to be different depending on the community.

May be try to universalize the rules? Since the game is the same, it seems logical that we play by the same rules (and that communities are there to have different languagesonly, not different rules). Or may be mediterranean players should commerce at different rate that those living in germany or uk? :P