Why did you stop playing OGame ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what i hate about ogame. or let me say the things which makes me want to quit. first I started in the old unis. back then I could not get enough of the game I never lost interest and played for years. I have since joined several new unis in the redesign. but I quickly lose interest.

what I like to see is quicker start in ogame not a slower one. You guys took away our large storages this has made farming harder and means we had to spend more on storages early game. yes the bigger storages later is a great thing but the smaller ones at the start really make the game much slower. Maybe a trade off would be let us start at level 2 sizes. so instead of starting with a 10k size we start with 40k.

The other thing which really annoys me is astrophics. why every 2nd level for a new colony. Even if the price was double each level would make it much more acceptable.

one other thing I like to see is a super speed uni like 10 speed resource build and research time. even if the flight speed was at 2 or 3 speed.
    • I haven't quit yet but one very good reason would be trying to build after you reset the server and then coming home after work and finding I have been raped.

Ogame went down just before I went to work this morning, when I came home 4 hours later, I work a slpit shift, it was up and reset. I spent an hour or two building up everything and then had to go back to work.

When I return later, I find I have nothing left, I had been raped of the little resources we were given and what little my low lvl mines could mine while I was gone.

The least you could have done was give a 24 hour or a 48 hour beginners protection. This would let everyone that could, build up a little.

This is just something else to show how much GF thinks of their players.

I haven't decided yet if I'll continue on Orgin but I do play on Neptune.

I also keep my browser on ogame so when I am around, all I have to do is check that tab.
    • Down times are always to be expected, that's a no brainer and not really a big deal.

Yes I did mention it but only after saying that there should have been at least a day of protection for everyone. Not everyone could be on time the new sever was reset and those are the ones that suffered for it. One day would have given most players time to at least start building up but since there was none, quite a few lost a lot of the resources they started with.

Just shows not a lot of thought for the players went into this. I'm sticking around for a while to see if it is going to be worth it. Our allinace took a big hit in rank, as did most and I want to see how well it recovers. I have quite a few friends here and would not want to desert them.
    • Late reaction... I know, but I stopped playing because I don't like that the game is telling me when I should be playing it.

Basically you need to be there when your fleetsave returns, you can never forget to fleetsave and you cannot do anything else that results in you not paying attention to the game.

I know that I just pretty much described OGame, but it's still the reason for me to stop playing.