Accoutns in Vacation mode for longer than N months should lose V-mode

• Alliance and Player Interaction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Accoutns in Vacation mode for longer than N months should lose V-mode

Hey again,

V-moded accounts are literally useless, even from your perspective, they hang as idle objects in your code, using memory or whatever.

I was thinking, maybe after some relatively long time, like 60 days, an account in v-mode should just become inactive.

While this will increase the engagement of players, because after some time there is nothing to do in the uni, not even profitable inactives to farm...

...the only drawback I see is that a player may return even after 2 months, finding his fleed/defense destroyed.

While I thought of a workaround:

Saving the players current state in a file, hence restoring it if the player ever comes online.

It has a new, hard to happen, but still a drawback:

In an old uni, a #1 player may go in v-mode for 2 months, let his buddies farm him, and come back in his original state.

This is really difficult to happen, but may happen. :)

What do you think?
      Cheers,
    • About idea that account in V-mode after 2 months lose V-mode I could be also okey, but i don't think it could used on accounts already in v-mode (that so don't know this change), but only for who go in v-mode after upgrade.
      And i think that honestly who stay for long time in v-mode normally it is a player that wait time or other to come back to play, or wait to find someone to give its account ......... so could be easy to enter any 59 days to reset inactivity time, and so continue to stay in v-mode.
      This to say that I don't think this upgrade could get the effect to have a lot of new target, but only few new target

I'm not okey with idea to restore account crashed .......... this will give pushing problems

I think it is need to find other way to force don't stay always in v-mode if you want more active account ........... for example you could use your idea + an other change that after you remove v-mode you cannot start v-mode for 1 week and login without remove v-mode don't reset inactivity count