The fundamental problem of playing OGame (fleeters)

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The fundamental problem of playing OGame (fleeters)

Recently there’s been a lot of discussion and debate about how MDs should work but there’s a much bigger problem behind this. This problem is how to make OGame humanly playable for those who’ve invested months if not years of gameplay to get a fleet that they won’t take any chances on. In the current setup this chance is being taken whenever you fleetsave. The vast majority of fleeters at this level will be doing deployment recall missions and/or vmoding. With vmode now at a 48 hour lock this makes the game even harder for those kind of players. 24 hours was bad enough but completely understandable and 48 hours would be too. However, deployment fleetsaving and fleetsaving in general is almost inhumane. For someone like me, and god help me for doing so, I have to wake up within the timespan of an MD mission consistently through the night and no game should demand this level of commitment if you want to keep your progress and your hard work intact. This is something that’s been eluded to in the current MD debate and something that I myself have commented on. This current setup simply has to change otherwise a lot of fleeters won’t feel like its worth playing the game anymore and this was showcased (to my profit) by a player in Quantum.org.

So at this point you’ll either agree with that premise or completely disagree with it in which case I’d like to hear your opinion on it. However, to those still reading feeling that it needs a change like I do there’s only two paths we can go down. Path 1 is to make the duration of an MD longer, meaning time is the answer. Path 2 is to make a fleetsave that removes any chance from the equation. I believe path 2 would be the solution to this unless MDs suddenly couldn’t occur within a timespan where someone can get decent sleep. That’d be anywhere in the 5-7 hour region imo. Path 2 means creating a perfect fleetsave option which I believe is unfeasible at this point which is why I recommended before a few ideas around new infrastructure that could block MDs.

I also suggested other ideas but that’s the core of the argument. Once everyone involved has come to the understanding that this is the fundamental problem we can finally make some progress to making OGame more playable and like RiV- said in the other thread certain officials need to comment.

I decided to make a new thread for this because it’s the core of the problems and it is detached to a certain degree from the MD ideas themselves. It’s a more fundamental issue.

Anyway, that’s enough of me talking. Discuss and happy OGaming in the meantime!!!!!!!!

~ Top 10s: 11 + Assist on WorldWide Number 1 ~ RiPs: 13.753 ~

War_Machine wrote:

So in short, a Noob is a Noob that is a Noob! No matter how big or how small they are! Questions?
    • This definitely aims higher than my proposal of slowing moon destructions :)

Right now I don't have anything to say, because this is a huge change and haven't really thought about it to invent something.

In any case, just to add a few more things into the discussion, I haven't played anything but OGame in the last 7 years, so I don't know. How is this solved or approached in other games? People that play other games could explain what is done in those games to solve or tackle this problem.

This would help to figure alternatives.