Retro gains so many players more than RD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Retro gains so many players more than RD

JoKy wrote:

retirado_off wrote:

gameforge open your eyes

Yeah! Go Gameforge! Listen! Look!
      1 Universe for all coms
      Old inactive deletion (no deletion on next day, or 2-3 days, so all accounts are deleted only after >35 days)
      3.6k accounts just created (guessing startfarms) and never logged in.
      I hope it will have some active users over time and it contain not that much (oh retro, i want to see it > never log in again)

Because of that we are thinking of an manually deletion of inactive players to generate space.

LG

P.S.: 2009 when RD arrived in ogame.de the Gameforge needed at least 2 servers. The first server was full within 2 days and the second some days later.

Just to get this up2date out of the archive: Retro currently has 6768 Players listed in the Highscore, 8226 total.
      A brazilian Universe(zagadra) where the deletion before 35 days is turned off has currently 14k Players.

Origin Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • How many are inactives there? ?(

I thought Retro univ would be better on players cuantity but if you consider all the bad things, even that, 6k is not bad.

New universe, start with 2-3k on .es, 4-5 on .en, 6-7k on .de and 8-9 on .fr but that s only the start and most of them not play. If you have 500 users playing is a good univ.

The RD change the game. But it has good things. The problem is that you can "pay for win". I think if you create a new univ, faster than this, without DM with ACS, could be bc too.

And a few time ago, GF only use oficials, first only comander, to get profits. Thats dont give so many advantage like double click or buying resources.
    • I said almost on beginning when everyone was still in "z0mg retro 4eva!!!!!" euphoria.

Sorcy wrote:

I am afraid I don't share your optimism :) After some time every server start to die. That's unavoidable. And even retro thingy can't change that. Many of us wasted years on this game. Some of us even returned after years ob absence from this game because of this retro thingy, but that's all what we got. We're not getting any younger and there won't be more and more players through time, just less and less :)
      We enjoy this game here and now. Future? There's not future in games like this :)

... and I believe that separated "Official XY LANGUAGE discussion threads" which segregated whole community didn't help there either. I can understand logic behind (to "help" to non english speakers to discuss in their native language..) however I don't know anything about spanish game play here. Anything about french game play here. Anything about polish game play here. Anything about turkish game play here. And so on... Basically we play in same UNI but don't know a jack... about each other, about competition, who's who, what he's doing in game, etc...
      Ogame board always played a great role in terms of competition, connections, wars, etc... between players. But not here. Everyone's sticking in own little ghetto thread which the rest of the universe don't understand.
      UNI without community built behind wont last long.
      ex #1st ranked uni14 .org
      ex #1st ranked uni1 .us
      ex #1st ranked andromeda .si
    • Sad to say, I think the numbers are misleading anyway.... I have been attacked about 3-5 times since the start. In old uni's it'd not be uncommon to get launched at 3-5 times an hour. Either nearly everyone is mining and/or turtling? Not sure how much longer I'll hang in there.. as don't want to invest much more time in something that may well be dead in another 6 weeks or so :S

Absolutely agree with sorc too... about the segregation. Doesn't work well in RL and certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything for this forum. Well, maybe those foreign language topics are buzzing with life... I wouldn't know, I only speak english (and fenglish). For an english-only speaker (such as me?) this forum is completely dead.

No community, no activiy ingame. not good.

Also, it's summer and folks gotta be out there catching pokemon or just out there in the sun, so that might deflect retro interest and activity too.
    • i would love to see that the retro server will get under GF control.
      So that there is good support etc.

for that i would even buy the old commander, or what it was called.
      no "pay to win", only a few small advantages...
      like imperial view, no advertising, etc... so only small things.
      i would pay 3$ a month, no problem.
      but then the server has a better future...

whithout commander GF can make advertising.

what would you say?
    • revex wrote:

Sad to say, I think the numbers are misleading anyway.... I have been attacked about 3-5 times since the start. In old uni's it'd not be uncommon to get launched at 3-5 times an hour. Either nearly everyone is mining and/or turtling? Not sure how much longer I'll hang in there.. as don't want to invest much more time in something that may well be dead in another 6 weeks or so :S

Absolutely agree with sorc too... about the segregation. Doesn't work well in RL and certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything for this forum. Well, maybe those foreign language topics are buzzing with life... I wouldn't know, I only speak english (and fenglish). For an english-only speaker (such as me?) this forum is completely dead.

Also, it's summer and folks gotta be out there catching pokemon or just out there in the sun, so that might deflect retro interest and activity too.

You are complaining because you dont get attacked enough? :pillepalle: Leave your nick and planet coordinates,i am sure we can help you whit that...I would say there is much activity in this uni.About segragation,let the people speak their own languages,we non english speakers are tired of such ugly language like english being forced upon us.I dont know what fenglish is but judging by your whining probably some fegget slang.Catching pokemon?WTF is that? :lol:
    • frikin wrote:

revex wrote:

Sad to say, I think the numbers are misleading anyway.... I have been attacked about 3-5 times since the start. In old uni's it'd not be uncommon to get launched at 3-5 times an hour. Either nearly everyone is mining and/or turtling? Not sure how much longer I'll hang in there.. as don't want to invest much more time in something that may well be dead in another 6 weeks or so :S

You are complaining because you dont get attacked enough? :pillepalle: Leave your nick and planet coordinates,i am sure we can help you whit that...I would say there is much activity in this uni.About segragation,let the people speak their own languages,we non english speakers are tired of such ugly language like english being forced upon us.I dont know what fenglish is but judging by your whining probably some fegget slang.Catching pokemon?WTF is that? :lol:
      mate i get attaked 5-8 times a day. lol
    • that barzilian server is now at 3.1k players .. and that only 2 weeks after u posted.

i just joined couple days ago so ill leave a little feedback. it seems that the board isnt used as much as it used to be in the old days. but ingame it seems plenty ppl are actually playing the game.im at 50 pts and just hit top 5k, so there 5k ppl that built to where i am. ill need another week or two and then i can judge on how easy it is to farm stuff etc that will beasically tell me how active this server is gonna be. also i gott say that i had to look up so many things. i didnt even know how it was back with the planets, but yea u shud have 9 :D. also im still not sure how it is with the newb protection. i overtook some players in stats but they r still red to me. i might remember that u had like 1 week newb protection back then when u registered. maybe i get farmed to death once i get out of protection, oh well lets wait and see. i just love all the things about the old school stuff. rd is nice ofc, but pay2win is just bs. i mean as an org u have to understand gameforge, but it takes away the competitive aspect. im wondering for how long ill stick around here. hope its gonna be fun once i can finally buy some ships. start is really slow tho if ure used to rd :).

alsogggh

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lasso ().

• I know it is hard to deal with facts these days, but you can´t compare live servers on each com with different game mechanics and one retro server for all to say something about user stats and activity :)

Just be glad that there are now around 5k players in the retro universe and you can have some fun :)

LG
      Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.