Probes & bashing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Probes & bashing

Don't you think that the rule "Probe attacks and interplanetary missile attacks do not count towards the bashing rule." is a bit unbalanced? The bashing rule is that because since many years ago the probes haven't had cargo bay.
    But here, where are used for farming, the bashing rule (vs active players, of course) should maybe work for them.
    What do you think about?
    #6 Retro server - Fra [N O X]
    #5 Andromeda.us - Fra.. [Dynamic]
  • frikin wrote:

Who use probes for farming? :lol:
    a lot of people and they are quite effective for farming new colonies.

To counter this problem I send a few cargos with resources to my new colonies and build the x2 robots and x1 hangar just to construct a rocket launcher.

Or you can send a prob for the new colonie that also works. I find the rocket launcher more effective since even if I get attacked I have a 70% chance of repairing it, also it quite counters a single cargo farm.
  • Canarefr wrote:

Don't you think that the rule "Probe attacks and interplanetary missile attacks do not count towards the bashing rule." is a bit unbalanced? The bashing rule is that because since many years ago the probes haven't had cargo bay.
    How can you say that? Your personal interpretation is incorrect and don't base on facts. Bashing rule with probe raiding allowed existed also before gameforge took away probe cargo capacity.

Bashing have nothing to do with resources stealing directly. Bashing rule was introduced in ogame to partially prevent players to BASH your defence down to zero, to prevent stronger players to senseless bash smaller on a daily mass waves basis, etc...

Probe raiding is very specific and as probes don't have any firepower there can't be bashing in theory. You can probe farm only planets without one single piece of defence or ship. Where do you see bashing of anything here?

On a side note, probe raiding is very time demanding job where you can't allow yourself any sloppiness.
    In hours when you do that this game demand from player whole dedication. No watching p0rn,
    no talking with your gf via skype, no cooking, no reading this forum in between waves, etc... That's not for everyone.
    Just one wrong coordinate, one little typo in thousands raiding rounds and everything goes poof.
    ex #1st ranked uni14 .org
    ex #1st ranked uni1 .us
    ex #1st ranked andromeda .si

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorcy ().

• I like the point of Sorcy. But i thought that the bashing rule also wanted to let the defender have something after the attack. Without it i can virtually steal from you 100% of the loot and this is the unbalanced side, in my opinion.

To who thinks that probes farming is absurd, the cargo bay was removed mainly because this was op, and advantages a lot (so it fosters) the bot users.
    #6 Retro server - Fra [N O X]
    #5 Andromeda.us - Fra.. [Dynamic]
  • But there's no serious damage at all. Nothing to prevent normal gameplay, to ruin anyone's gaming experience. Just some little resources stolen. Unbalanced?
    Few hours of production at 100% undefended planet stolen once in your lifetime? Yes, only once as this can be prevented pretty easy (I gave you a hint in my 3rd paragraph above).

Probe raiders are piece of cake. You can send one single probe to your colony to cause draw and then laught at them. Wait till serious fleeters come.
    ex #1st ranked uni1 .us
  • You do not need 1k probes to get the profitability of 1PT.

You can not just look at the cargo capacity for such calculation, you have to take into account the time needed to do as much as 1PT.

1k prob, even after impulsion drive 5, would do the work of 1 PT sent in the same solar system within 1 minutes (against 80 minutes) which means 1k prob is worth 80 PTs in this situation. This situation is obviously exagerated and unlikely to happen, yet this give a small idea of how good prob farming can be in the early times (and also in later times for after-raid attacks on moons) :)
    Univers 7.fr & 44.fr old player (stopped in early 2007)
    Oldschool Universe - currently active
    HoF Hunter
  • Sorcy wrote:

Bashing have nothing to do with resources stealing directly. Bashing rule was introduced in ogame to partially prevent players to BASH your defence down to zero, to prevent stronger players to senseless bash smaller on a daily mass waves basis, etc...

If you attack a players def 6 times in a row technically he has 11% of his def left, which is next to nothing if you ask me + dont ipm attacks do this very thing? Reduce someones def to 0. Don't think probe bashing should be banned even though I don't use it. Way to time consuming for my taste.
    Edit: Apparantly I'm not very good at quoting lol
  • Caladan Brood wrote:

If you attack a players def 6 times in a row technically he has 11% of his def left, which is next to nothing if you ask me

I agree with you, but that's completely different beast which bashing rules never solved. Aim was most likely good, but if stronger player want to bash you he will do it all in those 6 rounds per day.
    ex #1st ranked uni1 .us