Nanites affect research time

• Research

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nanites affect research time

Hi folks,

We all know that research times in late game are way too long. Nobody likes it to wait several months before a research is finished.

I had the idea to involve nanites at the research times. Now it's when you have for example IRN 9 and your ten highest labs are all at 14 that you have cumulative one big lab at level 140.

The idea is now that a nanite factory raises the level of the lab (only to the planet it belongs to) in the calculation of the research time.

For example on 1 single planet:
      Nanite 0 --> Research lab 14
      Nanite 1 --> Research lab 28
      Nanite 2 --> Research lab 42
      Nanite 3 --> Research lab 56
      Nanite 4 --> Research lab 70
      Nanite 5 --> Research lab 84
      Nanite 6 --> Research lab 98
      Nanite 7 --> Research lab 112
      Nanite 8 --> Research lab 126
      Nanite 9 --> Research lab 140
      And so on...

When that player decides to increase his research lab to level 15 than this would happen...
      Nanite 0 --> Research lab 15
      Nanite 1 --> Research lab 30
      Nanite 2 --> Research lab 45
      Nanite 3 --> Research lab 60
      Nanite 4 --> Research lab 75
      Nanite 5 --> Research lab 90
      Nanite 6 --> Research lab 105
      Nanite 7 --> Research lab 120
      Nanite 8 --> Research lab 135
      Nanite 9 --> Research lab 150

Say a player has on all his planets a nanite 7 and research lab at level 14 and still IRN 9 that would mean he would have cumulative one big lab at 10*96=1120. So research will go 1120/140=8 times quicker with this example compared to the example in the top of this post.

I think this is fair since in the endgame only time is the limit in researches instead of resources, I think that could be balanced better. Also would it give a reason to improve IRN more since the effect now from level 8 to 9 is very minimal.
      Also the big players in for example quantum (which is already a 5X uni) who want to have astro 24 an astro 25 have to wait more than 2 years if you combine the researches. That's ridiculous long........... (or spend some € of course but players who don't do that should have the possibility to reach it too in my opinion).
    • In my opinion there is no relation between nanites and investigation.
      To reduce time we have Intergalactic Research Network, maybe is much time, but that is made to increase Research Lab more levels.

Maybe it would be more interesting if you use a new special building to improve that.
      Ogame.es & Ogame.ar SGO
      Origin Supporter