Pinned Questions of logic/mathematics/lateral thinking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear friend:

Soon after buying this old mansion, I had the unpleasant surprise to see that it is bewitched by two sounds from beyond the grave, which make it practically uninhabitable: a picaresque song and a sardonic laugh.

I still have some hope, however, because experience has shown me that their behavior obeys certain dark but infallible laws that can be modified by touching the organ and burning incense.

In each minute, each sound is present or absent: what each of them will do in the next minute depends on what happens in the current minute in the following way:

The song will keep the same state (present or absent), except if during the current minute there is no laughing and the organ is played, in which case the singing takes the opposite state.

As for laughter, if I do not burn incense, it will be heard or not according to whether the song is present or absent (so that laughter imitates the song with a miute of delay). Now, if I burn incense, laughter will do just the opposite of what I was singing.

The moment I write to you, I am hearing both laughter and singing. I will be very grateful if you tell me that organ and incense manipulations should continue to restore calm.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...
      You have no power over me.
    • New

In a railway line, the track has a double track except in a tunnel, which is not wide enough to accommodate both.

Therefore, in the tunnel, the line is single track. One afternoon, a train entered the tunnel marching in one direction, and another train in the same tunnel, but in the opposite direction. Both were going at full speed, and yet they did not collide.

Explain it!.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...
      You have no power over me.