Pinned An story/anecdote/quote every day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Curious things we have at home.

It is a curious ball watch that I bought my son in CosmoCaixa many years ago: in the background there is a circular second hand, when it reaches 60'' a kind of wheel goes up a ball and deposits it in the first corridor (the higher in the image), this ball rolls down the corridor to the next lower part (minutes 1-4), it is actually a rocker that turns when it is completed with the 4th ball, then they all roll back down, but only the 1st passes to the next platform (minutes 5-55) through a curious mechanism, the rest reach the lower reservoir from where the wheel is fed. This second platform is also another rocker that turns only when it is completed (55') and history is repeated, only one ball passes to the lower platform (hours 1-12).

At the time of the photo, the clock is dialing 9h 38'41''.

At 12 and 24 h all the rockers turn and the platforms are completely empty, beginning again the story.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...

You have no power over me.
    • Another curious wrist watch he usually wears:

The left side marks the hours 1-12, the penultimate led is for AM-PM, and the last for day-month option. On the right the first 5 leds (from above) are groups of 10 ', and the remaining 9 leds groups of 1'.

The hour that it marks: 8 LEDs illuminated to the left and without illuminating the penultimate of AM, indicate the 20 h, 2 leds illuminated to the right in the first group of 5, indicate 20 ', 4 leds illuminated in the following group of 9 indicate an additional 4 '. Therefore the clock strikes 20 h 24 '.

• More curious things I have at home:

Nineteenth or early twentieth century typewriter with which I learned to pound keyboards. It's a little 'portable' jewel, the cart is rotated by leaning on the keyboard with what is very compact to carry it. As curiosity there are 3 positions of the types: lowercase, uppercase and the third for numbers, a real rarity. Also works perfectly.

• A man comes in a bar with a gun and says: I have 20 bullets in the loader and one in the breech.

The only thing that I want to know is who has been sleeping with my wife.

From the corner of the bar he hears a very timid voice that says: you will not have enough bullets.

• GERMAN LOGIC:

- If someone can do it means that I can do it.
      - If no one can do it, I can be the first to do it.

SPANISH LOGIC:

- If no one can do it, why should do I?
      - And if someone can do it, let him do it.

(All resembling reality is pure coincidence, heheheee).

• PARISH ANNOUNCEMENTS, real all of them (that says the author), surely written with very good will ... and very bad grammar.

1- For those who have children and do not know (will I be among them?), We have in the parish a zone arranged for children.

2- The self-confidence recovery group meets on Thursday afternoon. Please enter through the back door.

3- Next Thursday will meet the group of moms. Ladies who want to join the group, ask for an interview to be attended by the pastor in his office (how ready the pastor that).

4- On Friday at 19, the children of the Oratory will represent the Hamlet by W. Shakespeare. The entire community is invited to take part in this tragedy.

5- Ladies, do not forget to sell to profit. It's a good time to get rid of useless things. Bring your husbands (hahahahahahaaaaaaaa).

6- Theme of today's catechesis. "Jesus walks over the water". Tomorrow, "In search of Jesus".

7- The choir of over 60 years will suspend its activity during the summer, with the gratitude of the whole parish.

8- The price of the course "Fasting and abstinence" includes meals (heheheee).

9- Please put your alms in the envelope along with the deceased they wish to remember.

10- The pastor will light his candle on the altar, the deacon in the parson's and then turn on the entire 1st row of worshipers (we will make a bonfire with them).

11- The next Tuesday will serve a plate of beans. Then a percussion concert will take place.

12- Remember that on Thursday begins catechesis for boys and girls of both sexes.

13- The activities of November will conclude with a response sung by all the deceased of the parish.

• LET THE ENGLISH PAINT IT !.

The Mayor of a town makes a contest to paint the facade of the Town Hall, and they give him 3 offers (English, German and Spanish).

The one of the English ascends to 3 million euros, the one of the German to 6 million, and the one of the Spanish to 9 million.

In the face of such differences, the bidders are interviewed separately to justify their price.

The Englishman says that he uses acrylic paint for outdoor use in two layers, costing 1 million, on scaffolding, brushes, equipment and insurance is another million, and the remaining one million is labor.

The German justifies his estimated price by saying that he is a better painter, that uses polyurethane paint with three layers, whose cost amounts to 3 million. In scaffolding, other materials, equipment and insurance are spent another 2 million, and the remaining one million is labor.

The last one, that is the one who finally wins the bid because the Mayor says that the budget is better justified, turns out to be the Spanish who said:

Mayor: 3 million are for you, 3 are for me, and the remaining 3 are given to the English to paint the facade.

(ANY APPEARANCE WITH THE POLITICAL LIFE OF YOUR MUNICIPALITY IS PURE COINCIDENCE !).