Pinned An story/anecdote/quote every day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Antarctic heroes.

[youtube][/youtube]

January 18, 1912.
      Captain Scott, accompanied by Evans,Wilson, Bowers and Oates, reach the south pole.
      But fails in the feat of being first.
      On the point of zero latitude the Norwegian flag of the explorer Amundsen.
      Exhausted and failed to return.
      February 16.
      South pole five Englishmen in the blue desert.
      Evans goes last in line and hanging from her backpack.
      Death is ready to prove that once deadIt is not bad in that place.
      There was no stoneIf there was talk.
      God save the Queen, eternal glory to the heroes from Antarctic.
      March 6.
      Oates can not but are your feet two glass blades.
      Crawling on some stretches frustrated hands too, but nobody wants to leave.
      And while they sleepIt comes at the passage of eternity.
      There was no stonegrave there was talk.
      God save the Queen, eternal glory to the heroes from Antarctic.
      March 30th.
      Here ends the diary of Bowers, Wilson and Scott.
      That helps that never arrived go to the ones left: our children our widows.
      Like an Englishman die three.
      There was no stonegrave, there were no talks.
      There was no God nor was there a Queen only eternal snowIn Antarctic.
      Who remembers Captain Scott, Evans, Wilson, Bowers and Oates?.
      Who remembers Captain Scott, Evans, Wilson, Bowers and Oates?.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...

You have no power over me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JJMonti ().

• More about optical effects: STEREOGRAMS (for time they became fashionable, which has already happened).

A stereogram is a graphic representation of three-dimensional objects on a flat medium, through their projections, using stereoscopy, so that they appear to have volume.

It is an optical illusion based on the way human eyes capture images from two different points of view. These different perspectives are interpreted by the brain as a three-dimensional image.

Stereograms have been drawn for years, using two photographs taken from slightly different angles. However, RDS (Random Point Stereogram), created with computer programs, has become more popular.

How to display a stereogram ?.

To see stereograms of random points, the main thing is to understand the expected result. The idea is to blur the view of the image, so that both perspectives are captured. Some recommend looking at infinity, that is, fixing the view on a distant object and not fixing the view in the center as it slowly approaches the image.

Depends on each one and their visual condition.

• THE FABLE OF THE ROWERS.

The chronicles show that in 2005 there was a rowing competition between two teams, one made up of workers from one Spanish official ministry and another from colleagues in a Japanese ministry.

The start and the Japanese rowers began to stand out from the first moment. It arrived at the goal and the Spanish equipment did it with an hour of delay on the Japanese.

On his return home, the Board of Directors met to discuss the causes of this embarrassing action, and came to the following conclusion: the Secretary - once the minutes were issued - circulated in the form of a communiqué to all the staff of the agency through email: "It was possible to detect that in the Japanese equipment there was a team leader and ten rowers, while in Spanish there was a rower and ten team leaders, so that for the next year the appropriate measures will be taken.

In 2006 it was again the start and again the Japanese team began to distance itself from the first row. The Spanish team arrived this time with two hours and a half of delay over the Japanese.

The Board reconvened after the sounding "rapapolvos" of the Management to study what happened and after a thorough analysis saw that that year the Japanese team had again composed of a team leader and ten rowers. On the contrary, the Spanish team, after the effective measures adopted after the results of the previous year, consisted of a head of service, two advisors, seven heads of section and a rower.

Therefore, the Management Committee, after a detailed analysis of what has happened, concludes: "THE ROWER IS AN INCOMPETENT".

In 2007, as the reader may suppose, the Japanese team escaped just after the start. The Spanish trawler, whose composition had been commissioned that year to an external consultancy, arrived with four hours of delay. After the regatta and in order to evaluate the results, the Management Committee was reunited with all the representatives of the organization.

The following conclusion was reached, as recorded in the minutes: "This year, the Japanese team opted once again for a traditional crew consisting of a team leader and ten oarsmen. The Spanish, after the external consulting and the advice of several departments and the report of a group of consultants of Arthur Andersen, Opted for a much more avant-garde training and was composed of a head of service, three heads of section with plus of productivity, two auditors of Arthur Andersen and four jurors of Prosegur jurors with concrete instructions not to remove eye to the only rower to which he had warned and punished by taking away all the pluses and incentives for the failure of the previous year.

After several days of management meetings with the various heads of departments and with the support of an external consultancy, it has been agreed that for the 2008 regatta, the rower will be expelled from the staff of the agency and replaced by an external contractor, since from the twenty-fifth marine mile has been observed a certain negligence in the rower of template, that brushes the pass in the arrival to the finish line, in addition to expressions of the type:

"THE NEXT YEAR GOES TO ROWING YOUR M.F."

The post was edited 1 time, last by JJMonti ().

• IRONIC HUMOR OF WINSTON CHURCHILL.

George Bernard Shaw (Nobel Prize in Literature 1925): "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend... if you have one."

Winston Churchill: "Cannot possibly attend first night; will attend second, if there is one."

• BORDERS.

Iva Zanicchi: La riva bianca, la riva nera.

[youtube][/youtube]

My captain must stop.
      Yes I'm tired, I can not anymore.
      Alert, cover yourself, to the embankment.
      Alert I'm over you too.
      I said soldier of where are you are.
      From the neighboring country to the south.
      And along the river passes the border.
      The white shore, the black shore.
      And on the bridge I see a flag.
      But it is not the same that is in my heart.
      I do not think of mine.
      By my uniform you can see it.
      I do not know my eyes are already without lightI've been hurt and maybe it was you.
      Sad is destiny my captain.
      While there are wars will not change.
      On the hill whistles the shrapnel.
      Green grass is burned.
      And the battle continues on the river.
      The two of us are already at the end.
      I have to leave my captain.
      I'm going with you, you will not want to leave me.
      I will not leave you, you know it already.
      That we go together for eternity.
      Everything has passed, there is peace on the border.
      On the white shore, on the black shore.
      But someone cries and despairs.
      Shouting a name that will not respond.
      My captain must stop.Yes I'm tired, I can not anymore.

• WORDS WITHOUT DIRECT TRANSLATION

Toska (Russian): In its deepest and most painful sense, it is a feeling of great spiritual anguish, often without a specific cause.

Mamihlapinatapei (Yagan, indigenous language of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina): It's the meaning-filled look that two people who want to start something, but who are reluctant to take the first step to begin share.

Jayus (Indonesian): A joke so badly told and with so little grace that one can do nothing but laugh.

Iktsuarpok (Inuit): Go out to see if anyone is coming.

Litost (Czech): The closest definition is a state of agony and torment created by the sudden vision of one's misery.

Tartle (Scottish): It is about that moment of hesitation when introducing someone, because you have forgotten their name.

Ilunga (Tshiluba, Southwest Congo): Can be translated as the moral height of a person who is ready to forgive and forget a first offense, to tolerate it a second time, but never to forgive or tolerate a third offense.

Cafuné (Potuguese, Brazil): The act of combing someone gently with his fingers.

Schadenfreude (German): Can be explained as indulging or 'gloating' maliciously with the misfortune of others.

Torschlusspanik (German): In context, this word refers to "fear of diminishing opportunities as one ages.

Schlimmbesserung (German): That of introducing an improvement that ends up making things worse.

Tingo (Pascuense, Easter Island Pascua): It is the act of taking from the house of a friend the objects one wishes, borrowing them gradually.

Pochemuchka (Russian): That person who asks many questions.

Serendipity (English): A discovery or a lucky and unexpected find that occurs when you are looking for something else.

Backpfeifengesicht (German):.It is a face that the only thing missing is a punch.

Gigil (Philippine): The urge to pinch something when it is very tender.

Sobremesa (Spanish): To remain seated at the table after eating, usually in conversation with other diners.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JJMonti ().

• MATHEMATICAL MURDERS.

José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (previous Spanish Prime Minister): "... At the time of funding all communities will be above average" (all above average?, is it posible???).

Lula da Silva (Brazil Prime Minister, die), in an interview with journalists: "What do you think about 60% of Brazilians do not agree to be present for a third term?. That's because they have not asked me, in that case it would be 61%".

Tourists in a natural science museum: "How old are those dinosaur bones?. Answer: 90,000,006 years. And how can you be so sure of that exact age?. Because when I came to work here I asked the same thing, and they told me 90,000,000 years, and since I've been working for 6 years".

George Bush: "Most of our imports come from outside the country".

In a game: "... you get 9 times more of DM, that´s 9x".

The post was edited 2 times, last by JJMonti ().

• LATIN LANGUAGE TELLS US WHY ANYONE CAN BE A MINISTER BUT NOT A MASTER.

Let's use etymology, and Latin language, to explain why anyone can be a minister but not a master.

The term master derives from "magister" and this, in turn, from the adjective "magis" which means more or more than. The magister could be defined as the one that stands out or is above the rest for his knowledge and skills. For example: Magister Equitum (cavalry chief in ancient Rome) or Magister Militum (military chief).

The term minister derives from the same latin word "minister" and this, in turn, from the adjective "minus" which means less or less than. The minister was the servant or subordinate that had hardly any skills or knowledge

Therefore, it is shown that to be a minister have not to be ... nothing.