Pinned An story/anecdote/quote every day

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks DeltaT for continuing the thread.

Pepe (71 years old): first day in computer class for retirees.

Windows: Enter your password

Pepe: pepe

Windows: Sorry, the password should not be your name

Pepe: pepi

Windows: Sorry, the password must contain at least 6 characters

Pepe: pickles

Windows: Sorry, the password must contain at least one number

Pepe: two pickles

Windows: Sorry, the password must contain at least one number in the form of a figure

Pepe: 2 pickles

Windows: Sorry, the password can not contain spaces

Pepe: 2fuckpickles

Windows: Sorry, the password must contain at least a capital

Pepe: 2FUCKpickles

Windows: Sorry, the password can not contain successive capitals

Pepe: 2FuckPicklesShitty!

Windows: Sorry, the password can not contain punctuation or admiration

Pepe: 2FuckPicklesShittyThatYouCanPutInTheAss

Windows: Sorry, this password already exists.

Because my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great ...

You have no power over me.
    • A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. While doing some maneuvers he sees a guy walking through the field. The man lowers the balloon a few meters and shouts:
      - Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?
      To which the man below responds:
      - You are in a hot air balloon, suspended about 10 meters above the ground.
      - You are computer programmer, right? - says the balloonist -
      - That's right, says the one below. How have you noticed?
      - Well, says the balloon. Everything you have told me is technically correct, but it is of no use to anyone.
      And the one below responds:
      - And you must be a computer user.
      - Exactly, the balloon responds, how did you know?
      - Simple. You do not know where you are, or where you are going, but hope that I can help you. You are in the same situation as before we met, but now you think it's my fault.

• A winner is simply a dreamer who has never surrendered.

Italian

Uso il termine in senso lato signori, ma un medico non è qualcuno che aiuta qualcun'altro?
      Quando il termine medico ha preso un accezione reverenziale:
      Oh prima lei dottor Smith, complimenti dottor Shoulz che begli zoccoli ha!
      Ma si figuri dottor Petterson le sue flatulenze non hanno odore!

Giuria: Scandaloso!

A che punto della storia, un medico è diventato piu' di un fidato e dotto amico che visitava e curava gli infermi.
      Voi mi chiedete se esercito la medicina, se questo significa aprire la porta a chi ha bisogno,
      a chi è sofferente, accudirlo, ascoltarlo, mettergli un panno freddo in fronte finché la febbre si abbassa,
      se è questo fare il medico, se è questo curare un paziente, allora mi dichiaro colpevole signore.

Giuria: Ha considerato le implicazioni del suo modo di agire? Se uno dei suoi pazienti morisse?

Cos'ha la morte che non va? Di cosa abbiamo così mortalmente paura?
      Perchè non trattare la morte con un po' di umanità e dignità e decenza e Dio non voglia perfino di umorismo.

Signori, il vero nemico non è la morte, vogliamo combattere le malattie, combattiamo la piu' terribile di tutte: l'indifferenza.

Nelle vostre aule ho assistito a disquisizioni sul transfert e la distanza professionale,
      il transfert è inevitabile signore,
      ogni essere umano ha un impatto su di un'altro perché vogliamo evitarlo in un rapporto paziente medico?
      E' sbagliato quello che insegnate nelle vostre lezioni, la missione di un medico non deve essere solo prevenire la morte,

ma anche migliorare la qualità della vita.
      Ecco perchè se si cura una malattia si vince o si perde,
      se si cura una persona vi garantisco che in quel caso si vince qualunque esito abbia la terapia.

Qui vedo oggi un'aula piena di studenti di medicina, non lasciatevi anestetizzare, non lasciatevi intorpidire di fronte al miracolo della vita,
      vivete sempre con stupore il glorioso meccanismo del corpo umano, questo deve essere il fulcro dei vostri studi, e non la caccia ai voti,
      che non vi daranno alcuna idea di che tipo di medico potrete diventare.
      E non aspettate di essere in corsia per riacquistare la vostra umanità, sviluppate subito la capacità di comunicare:
      parlate con gli estranei, con gli amici, con chi sbaglia numero, con chi vi capita.
      E coltivate l'amicizia di quelle stupende persone che vedete in fondo all'aula, infermiere che possono insegnarvi, stanno con la gente tutti i giorni,
      fra sangue e merda e hanno un patrimonio di conoscenze da dividere con voi, e così fate con quei professori che non sono morti dal cuore in su',
      condividete la compassione che hanno, fatevi contagiare!

Giuria: Signor Adams io pretendo che si rivolga alla commissione!

Signore, io voglio fare il medico con tutto il mio cuore, io volevo diventare medico per assistere il mio prossimo,
      e per questo motivo ho perso tutto, però così ho anche guadagnato tutto,
      ho condiviso le vite dei pazienti e del personale dell'ospedale,
      abbiamo riso insieme e pianto insieme,
      questo è ciò che voglio fare nella mia vita.

E dio mi sia testimone, comunque decidiate oggi signori, guarderò ancora con fiducia al mio scopo,
      diventare il miglior medico che il mondo abbia mai visto.
      Voi avete la facoltà di impedire che io mi laurei, potete impedirmi di ottenere il titolo, il camice bianco,
      ma non potete controllare il mio spirito,
      non potete impedirmi di apprendere, non potete impedirmi di studiare.

A voi la scelta, avermi come collega di lavoro, passionale oppure avermi come voce fuori dal coro sincera e determinata,
      in entrambi i casi verrò forse considerato una spina, ma vi prometto una cosa, sarò una spina che non riuscirete a togliere!

Giuria: Questo è tutto?

SPERO DI NO SIGNORE!

STEVEN PAUL JOBS

1955 - 2011

Dedicated to madmen.

Dedicated to madmen, not conformists, rebels, troublemakers,

to those who do not surrender before evidence, to those who see things differently,

they do not like the rules and have no respect for the status quo,

you can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them or denigrate them,

but the only thing you can never do is ignore them because they change things,

they make humanity progress, and while someone could call them mad, we see their genius,

because only those crazy enough to think they can change the world, they really change it.

Innovation has nothing to do with how much you spend on research.

At the time when Apple launched the Mac, IBM spent 100 times more on research.

It is not a question of money.

It depends on the people you have in the team,

it depends on how everyone is guided,

and from how much they know good the "world" in which they must operate.
    • With a seductive voice the woman asks the husband:
      - Did you ever see a € 20 bill all crumpled?
      - No, says the husband.
      She smiles sexily, unbuttons the 3 or 4 buttons of her blouse and slowly reaches into her bra and pulls out a crumpled € 20 bill.
      He takes the crumpled bill and smiles at it complacently.
      - Did you ever see a 50 € bill all crumpled? ...
      - Ufff ... no, I have not seen it, he says with an anxious tone in his voice ...
      She gives him another very sexy smile, he raises his skirt and seductively looks in her tight-fitting stockings ... and pulls out a € 50 bill that's also wrinkled.
      He takes the crumpled € 50 bill and starts to breathe faster in anticipation.
      - Now, she says, did you ever see € 50,000 all wrinkled?
      He says:
      - No! trying to hide his enthusiasm.
      She says …
      - Well ... go down to the garage ...