The new Gameforge Portal - Bug reporting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Before you start reporting bugs: Please delete all Cookies and the Cache and try again :)

For the bug report: Please add following information

• Servername
    • Accountname + Your Player ID (you also can search it via e.g. s671-en.ogame.gameforge.com/api/players.xml )
    • Describe your problem in short words! (Can´t migrate, Acc Stuck in portal, can´t login ...)
    • Add Screenshots!

LG
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • Hi,

Server name: Bermuda
    Account: cedricpc #100209
    Problem: Can't login after conversion

I guess that I can easily solve the problem by using the forgotten password form, but I would like to point out that password can be lost during account conversion and let a chance to understand what happened under the hood by leaving my account in "broken" state.
    Images
    • ogame-login-error.png

12.19 kB, 480×496, viewed 477 times
  • Thx for your report.
    You use the same logindata as you used for the migration? So same data as for your ogame account? Did you merge e-mail adresses and made another as primary?

You still have the problem? If yes, then contact me via PN :)

LG

P.S.: I forwarded the problem to the portal team, but everything looks fine with your account there.
    Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
  • Hi,

@JoKy, yep. I use exactly the same credentials for GF Portal as they were for my OGame account. I only merged one account and as long as I remember, I did not have any GameForge account before. If portal team does not see something strange, It looks like a password have been successfully "copied", but I have absolutely no idea which one it is. :whistling: And so to answer your question, yes, I am still unable to login. (Sorry, stupid question, but did you mean "PM" by "PN"? :S)

Edit: Well in fact, I managed to connect using Firefox, I don't know why it does not work when I tried it the first time, I must have misspelled something. But however, I still cannot login to the new Portal by using Opera 12.18, it looks like no login request is sent at all despite the wrong password error.

@iguypouf, I've got the same behavior too after my conversion. However, can you properly connect to you converted account?

The post was edited 1 time, last by cedricpc ().

• Same issue for safari on PC.

OGame itself don´t support these kind of browsers. We support IE 11, Chrome (latest version) and Firefox (latest version).
    For Safari we made a Ticket for the Portal Stuff, because you also see there "wrong password".

I extended this ticket, that you see also that wrong information at login.

LG
  • Well ok, thank you for reporting. Do you know an (temporary) alternative login form? I've tried some workarounds, including session spoofing but with no luck... :dash:

P.S.: Even if OGame itself does not support Opera Legacy or Safari, they work perfectly fine with it... At least when there is not a greedy portal ahead. :D
  • Well, after trying a lot of things, in fact, session spoofing seems to work but for some obscure reasons that are beyond me, it needs a browser restart... :crazy: After that, I can connect to Bermuda without any problem from ogame-live.gameforge.com/. It is an highly precarious balance where a single page loading can break the portal session, but the session with the game server is hopefully really persistent.

So come on GF, you are almost there... Not only Safari and Opera but any browser might benefit from a lighter login mechanism.
    • Servername: Origin
    • Accountname + Your Player ID: One #334647
    • Describe your problem in short words!: There are two Origin Game Accounts displayed in my Portal Account, both of them with the same nick. The first one shows 8000 DM, the second one doesn't. Clicking at the second account on 'continue playing' I get on a white page where it says: "Something went terribly wrong!". I think the second one is there since I clicked to delete the first one (at least I noticed afterwards). Tried to get it away by logging in and out the portal, deleting cache and cookies, restoring the first account and deleting it again, but it doesn't disappear. (If I click on delete the second account, there is a 'deleted notification', so I suppose it should be deleted after the countdown.)
    • Add Screenshots!
  • Then it´s a known issue with delete of accounts. Such deleted accounts will stay in the portal, same for inactive ones. They are aware of the problem :)

Thx for your report and have a look when it´s fixed, to check if you account is gone :)

LG
  • Shall I now put both shown Origin Accounts on delete, or just the first one, the one I really created?

Another thing:

JoKy wrote:

- Delete Account only possible via Portal (current plan is that you can´t login after set to be delete, until you cancle the deletion)
    Is this already supposed to work?
    Because athough an account is to be deleted, I can go on 'last played' and continue playing. The deleted notification stays the same as it was.
  • The delete account part is bugged and we reported it before the portal went live. For the live universes it´s a blocking issue, which needs to be fixed.
    So for now, the portal let you in, which is not intendend and also deleted accs from game are still listed in the portal.
    We will announce it in the Changelog of 6.3.0, when they fix it, so you can test that part and give feedback :)

LG
  • Everytime someone writes: "Im not only one with this problem" a fluffy cute rabbit dies! :(

Hmm when did you migrate? Is it your real old account or new one? The setting on 690 is that you get 100.000 DM at validation and those 9 or 10 million are given manually by an developer in past on existing accounts.

So I need the info: When it happen and did you migrate your old accoun, or you have a new one :p

LG