The transfer of accounts between different OGame communities

• Maybe
    • Alliance and Player Interaction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The transfer of accounts between different OGame communities

Once again I'm a little bit ahead of time, right as it happened with one of my antecedent suggestions on making beginners' mines match the Universe's age for Dark Matter, which subsequently evolved into rethought draft.

The new concept is more revolutionary than ever: allow the players from all around the world to migrate into any elder (only of the similar flight speed & especially tagged for that) local OGame Universe once in a month for 720.000 Dark Matter. The process itself supposes full-scale relocation of a single account, the old copy of which gets purged after 24 hours. During that period, it should also be impossible to move out of V-Mode in the newly-inhabited Uni. Besides, such transfer should only be permitted into complying the flight speed equality Universes where the player doesn't already hold an account.

To a more detailed extent, the introduction of this option will require a few easy, yet major changes within the basic game rules, such as: a) allowing in-game interaction to be performed in English worldwide, and b) permitting certain customers to interact with game staff in English if the account's holder doesn't know the region's native language – to keep track of this, all accounts will be given a special "Resettlement history" field so that GOs will be aware of the fact and not confuse it with avoidance of ban attempts (duplicating the cause of blocking in English also).

All forum communication remains intact, i.e. if the winner of top battle would want to honor the audience, yet being unable to properly describe, he/she should simply contact a buddy / fellow player from the same Universe about preparing a neatly-arranged story for the board. Later on, to facilitate a more comfortable gameplay, the possibility to switch in-game languages might also be considered.

That's it, and I hope it's consonant with Gameforge's general plan somehow! :D

The post was edited 11 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• I suggest GF to employ Dmitriy on a post of the idea man. :phatgrin:

Relocation of accounts between different servers - excellent idea (Death for Mocoloco's Fleet? muhhhahaha :lol: )
      But 3 months - very small period. I suggest to increase it to 6.
      And 720k TM - it is unreasonably expensive, I suggest to reduce to 500k TM (Now 2 relocations planet).

The post was edited 3 times, last by Andryusha ().

• Moco? Well, since you've mentioned the player with one of the best fleet setups in the entire game, guess it would be fair to give him the credit for the original idea also! :P My offer is kind of Pepsi Lights version of his, without the worldwide unifusion part just as such thing could be very difficult to implement, due to long-term obligations of instant International Support carried by the single team, the increased throughput of currently separated servers, a tough-to-design broad migration scheme, and, most of all: the raising unwillingness of elder players to adapt to the new pace of play. Combining all of this, the feature is hardly applicable to a large number of users & targets individual customers instead. The price is negotiable, of course, yet it has to recoup the development time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• The major downside of this is who would get the tickets of acc donations. Both communities? Maybe a little too troublesome. But, in general, I kinda like the idea. If you can play in any community you so desire, why not trade accounts between communities if players wish that? It's their accounts after all...

I say it's a nice suggestion.

EDIT (not sure I am supposed to be posting after WTH, just realized now though)