A boost for fresh-starters in elder universes

• Acquire and obtain players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A boost for fresh-starters in elder universes

Good evening, everyone. I've been thinking of returning back to another cycle of discussing this concept recently, since initially it has found its place on the game's boards as long ago as 2007, and then, popped up here on Origin in 2011.

The key feature of the concept is allowing the still-attainable competitive start in the Universes which have passed the 1 year of existence barrier.

In this case, it is suggested that the "Accelerating universe" x3 (from the initial) economy booster is going to be placed upon every player whose overall accumulated points didn't reach the value contained within 12% of the Universe's top 1 fleet (which equals 12.529.990 for the 1st German universe, for example).

The booster's economy acceleration effect will be valid only for the players which didn't fall out of activity borderline, i.e. logged in within the last 7 days. If they didn't, the increased x3 economy enhancement is removed and the amount of resources produced by the mines is set back to the initial setting of the Universe.

The purpose of the following suggestion is allowing a fully-fledged expansion upon start in old-aged Universes of the game for the players who have chosen to reside within those due to personal reasons, such as friends already quartered there or the interest in the events described in HoF.

But what's more important, it'll help to attract more newcomers not to depart until experiencing all of the specialties the middle stage of the game provides, such as stable mines production, the availability of all ships and techs along with potential of climbing up into top 100.

It seems more and more people are complaining about desolation of old servers these days, and the outlined scheme appears to be the right direction to walk to. What do you guys think? :)

The post was edited 5 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• Yes, some kind of boost is needed to get more NEW players in OLD Unis. Merging Unis is NOT a good solution long term. I agree with any solution that brings NEW players into an OLD universe.

I also have an alternate suggestion that is similar to this one. See the link below. We need to gather support for some option like either the one on the thread here or the link below.

board.origin.ogame.gameforge.c…-in-an-existing-Universe/