Tactic 05d: Firing orders guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Francolino wrote:

This guide is senseless. There is no effect is you change the order of the ACS fleets.

That is wrong. Try speedsimming like 2000 LF and 50 DE again 1 RIP (draw). Now remove the LF and put them in the 2nd ACS slot (profit). You will see the difference :]

Unfortunately, with the RD it is very difficult to manipulate/predict the firing order ;( I would love it if this could change...
    • I don´t know if this has been changed since the introduction of RD but at least in the old design this had a huge impact. It makes all the difference in the world if you put cruisers, HFs and LFs in ACS slot 2. It´s not just something that the sim says, in a large battle it makes a huge difference.

Since no ship is lost until the end of the round it normally doesn´t matter in which slot the ships are. However the damage is calculated from slot to slot, starting with slot 1. So the shields gets damaged by the slot 1 ships and then the damage for slot 2, 3 etc. is calculated.

This means that when facing rips in particular you let the heavier ships weaken the shields in slot 1 and when damage is calculated for the ships in slot 2 the shields have hopefully weakened enough for the LFs, HFs and Cruisers fire NOT TO BOUNCE, which obviously gives you a better result than having all ships in slot 1, since the number of rounds it takes for you to win will get reduced

So unless anyone shows me the cold hard facts where this have been changed in RD, this guide isn´t going anywhere since its content is important to understanding the battles of ogame
    • This means that when facing rips in particular you let the heavier ships weaken the shields in slot 1 and when damage is calculated for the ships in slot 2 the shields have hopefully weakened enough for the LFs, HFs and Cruisers fire NOT TO BOUNCE, which obviously gives you a better result than having all ships in slot 1, since the number of rounds it takes for you to win will get reduced

Indeed, I have seen this in-game too. Furthermore, the % chance to explode when a ship is under 70% integrity gets a new roll each time the ship receives damage, which can be quite a lot with all those LFs ^^
    • Fubar wrote:

Indeed, I have seen this in-game too. Furthermore, the % chance to explode when a ship is under 70% integrity gets a new roll each time the ship receives damage, which can be quite a lot with all those LFs ^^

Wrong.
      Ships can also be killed by a Zero Dmg hit. Any hit grants a new roll. Also those wich were absorbed by the shild or wich bounced of it.

Fubar wrote:

nfortunately, with the RD it is very difficult to manipulate/predict the firing order ;( I would love it if this could change...

Sort of wrong.
      There are more or less 3(?) Ways to do it.

1st:
      Divide your fleet into 2 Parts. Heavy Stuff - small Stuff.
      Send both of them in a single slot. Let it up to chance if the small stuff is in 1st oder 2nd.
      Best in Bestcase.
      Worst in Worstcase.

2nd:
      Divide your fleet into 2 Parts. 1 Sort of Hevy + 1 Sort of small - 1 Sort of Hevy + 1 Sort of small. Example: LF + BS - Cruiser + Dest
      Send both of them in a single slot. In any case one sort of light Stuff is in 1st place. But the other is not.
      Effciency depends on whether the LF or the Cruiser is in front and wich of them generate more dmg (which of course depends on the raw number of these small ships)
      So it would be nice2have 10k LF in 1st then BS, 80k Cruiser Dest.
      But the other way round would suck cause 80k cruiser fire into the shilds and 10k LF is sort of a bad joke.
      Uhm hope you got what i want to show...

3rd:
      Divide your fleet into 2 (or more) equal Parts. Basically 2 should do fine.
      Send both of them in a single slot. Only Half of the small stuff fires into shild.
      Should do best in AVGcase.
    • Forcetree wrote:

Wrong.
      Ships can also be killed by a Zero Dmg hit. Any hit grants a new roll. Also those wich were absorbed by the shild or wich bounced of it.

Okay, I forgot about 0 damage hits, but the idea is the same. This is why in some cases adding a bunch of probes in your hit CAN reduce your losses (I've seen a couple CRs and checked in sims ; it works.)

Forcetree wrote:

Sort of wrong.
      There are more or less 3(?) Ways to do it.

[...]

All of your ways are either based on luck (#1), or just a compromise with some heavies and some fodder in both slots (#2 & #3)... #3 isn't bad though, would probably work even better with fleet divided in 3 or 4 equal parts :)

So there IS no way to reliably manipulate the firing order... I'm still trying to find some ways, for example by acs'ing probes and recalling them sometimes the order changes... Because it seems the order in the movement page is the one which appears in the CR, so that is a way to "play with it" until it suits you, and then don't touch anything :D
    • With the help of Francolino it has now been confirmed that the firing order is still in effect. So everything I talked about still applies and it´s therefore once again important, that this guide will be written and included in the wiki

Thanks for helping me test it Francolino ^^
    • A short summary here :

1. I was wrong with my opinion that the fleet order has no effect (since a few years)

2. The effect is sure : When the heavy ships in a combat report are in the first slot, they kill the shield of a RIP and the LF in the second slot can kill the hull and the RIP. The other order NEVER kills a RIP.

3. The order in the fleetmovement is / can not be the same as in the combat report.

4. The order in the combat report is the order in the battle itself.

5. There is no way to set heavy ships SURE in the first combat report slot. I tested a lot of combinations, i found no sure one.

6. So at last this guide is senseless again ... I am back to my old sentences about this "trick" : the onliest sensefull way is to split all ship types in 2 slots - then you have in any case 50% of the heavy ships in first slot.
    • ive read through and i am sorry to say but the firing order plays a pivotal role in any battles, and it CAN be organised so the firing order happens to your advantage

i kow the posts here are old, and perhaps since these posts GF has made some adjustments to their coding which will affect the available manipulation of the firing order, but i have yet to have any issues with getting my firing order right for a long time so i am confident a guide can be written up

however, it will be quite complicated :p

if you want i can write one up for you