recycler deut consumption on impuls drive 17 and hyper drive 15

• Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I see that, and all I can say it's ridiculous... pls read all posts above, there are some arguments, what you posted is not an argument...

but let's see.. you said what you said, I can now say this... Battlecruiser 20 systems fly
      hyper 5 fly time 1:18:28 deut consumption 130
      hyper 15 fly time 52:58 - duet consumption 130

that's all I wanted to say about more speed more fuel...
      I know I'll be attacked from all sides now, so go ahead
    • Does battlecruiser get a new engine? No. So fuel consumption doesn't change either. Different drive, different specs. Recs have always eaten a lot of deut, stands to reason a refit would make it eat even more. SC refit follows the same trend I specified above, both base speed and fuel consumption doubled. Bombers only get a small bump to the base speed with HD8, but they already eat a lake with each launch.

I've got impulse 18 on uni1.us, just so you know I speak from experience when it comes to this.

In any event, if you want to reduce fuel cost of impulse recs, you'll really fast make their slowed launch cheaper than full speed combustion, and the important setback hyperdrive recs put in would get diminished. This is a careful balance between fleeter and miner. Fleeters get faster recs, miners get assurance that it will wreck the fleeters pocket to launch blindly.
    • I'm the only one unable to quote on the origin board ? Its rageous !

how would it make the game unbalanced if it was the same amount of deu for the same flighttime?

Its not what I said. What I said is that the game is unbalanced with this new crazy speed of recys. And to keep this balanced, we have to add an inconvenient for this new feature, and this inconvenient is the consumption.

Yeah, to be able to rob res from fights other than yours, you have to pay more deut when you don't use your recy. Its game.

I see that, and all I can say it's ridiculous... pls read all posts
      above, there are some arguments, what you posted is not an argument...
      Bah, his post is... the gameplay of the three different engine. Its core of the game :)

BTW, I've Prop Hyper 15 on a X1 universe, with a fleet of 26M points.
    • Because the way deut consumption works, if you reduce it to meet the old numbers, you'll drastically reduce the cost it takes to launch at those insane speeds.

Also, should've said it earlier

Maximus10 wrote:

there are some arguments, what you posted is not an argument

It is very much an argument, seeing as it shows there's a system to the change. You know, this game often has those. Your "arguments" rather seem to be just complaints about the fuel cost, because the increase in fuel costs makes it impossible for you to get those drives. Mind posting an ogniter link along with your drive techs on your best account?
    • I stated my suggestions in posts above... and if you have read them you'd see that there are good arguments about it... mainly I just can't understand that recy consumes almost as much as destroyer after hyper 15, that in some usual ratios of what someone's fleet should be made of, and FS-ing that fleet, only recy would take more than 50% of deut... I really do not understand that logic...

why do I feel like a parrot - repeating myself all the time... sorry guys.. but I'm glad we're having a discussion.. though it would be good if some more would be a part of it... :)
    • Yeah, your suggestions are more unreasonable than what I just presented even if hyper recs get 30% higher deut consumption than impulse. That won't fly. It won't "maybe" fly, it just won't. Like I have shown above, by slowing down you can reduce the fuel consumption on a harvest mission down to a bearable percentage with hyper, and almost equal percentage with impulse. Your suggestion would make having a combustion drive recs a disadvantage on all fronts, reduce launch cost on hyper recs by 50% if launched at 100% speed, 40% cut for impulse. That is game changing to the point where I'd instantly rush out HD15 and start stealing DF from people since launch would be so cheap compared to the profit I could get.

I'll also once again ask that you link your account on ogniter, because without seeing that you actually have a decently developed account I can't respect your opinion and have to think that you're speaking without knowing anything about the game. Which I'll do anyway since what you're saying here really shows you don't realize that to make any significant change to deut consumption, which is necessary to uphold balance, you have to increase the value in hundreds.

Here's mine, so you don't have to look: ogniter.org/us/118/player/162434
    • Well, from that I can tell you the deut consumption doesn't become that big of a deal when you actually get the drives, assuming you get them at a reasonable time and don't try to rush them when you clearly can't afford them. Which is the impression I get from you right now. At least double your economy, get a 10th planet, develop your account more. Better recycler drives are meant to be something you get at the end-game/when you have a lot more than what you have right now.

Still would like an ogniter link, so these points are put into context.
    • Horcon wrote:

I believe I made my opinion clear on that it shouldn't change, iguypouf also seems to be of this opinion.

good thats only your opinion which isnt worth anything if you cant back it up with facts

the game doesnt become unbalanced even if you would reduce the costs of faster flights drasticly. the big obstacle of costs and research time still stands
      i think you dont see the big picute if you argue that combdrive recs would have a big disadvantage then - because that doesnt matter.

ogame isnt a competetive game where everything has to be balanced to create an enjoyable playing environment.
      ogame isnt even an highly strategic game, its simple and fun.
      and having to pay these absurd amounts of deu isnt fun.

ofc certain things should be balanced but not perfectly or as strictly as you suggest.
    • gamer2014 wrote:

good thats only your opinion which isnt worth anything if you cant back it up with facts

My opinion is backed by over 4 years of game experience, which achieved me top 1 research on the uni I play with a big margin, leadership in one of the two leading alliances on said uni, and the fact that I actually have to deal with these "too high" FS costs that from what I gather neither of you have to. Those things are facts. What is your opinion backed by? Bad grammar?

gamer2014 wrote:

the game doesnt become unbalanced even if you would reduce the costs of faster flights drasticly. the big obstacle of costs and research time still stands
      i think you dont see the big picute if you argue that combdrive recs would have a big disadvantage then - because that doesnt matter.

These techs get more accessible as the uni progresses, the thing keeping people from getting said techs is the disadvantage they would get if they got it. If you can cut 60% of the travel time on your recs with next to no fuel cost penalty (which kicks in only at 100%, slow down and you save deut compared to flying with slower recs), all top fleets in more developed unis would research HD15, possibly even insta-research it, or to it. It would give them a great advantage with no downsides. Impulse 17 and hyper 15 is not really expensive for someone with an account worth 30kk points, what would be expensive is the increase in FS costs/launch costs. The drastic increase in fuel cost balances out the drastic increase in speed. Comb recs would be a disadvantage simply because better alternatives would exist that would trump it on both fuel and speed.

gamer2014 wrote:

ogame isnt a competetive game where everything has to be balanced to create an enjoyable playing environment.
      ogame isnt even an highly strategic game, its simple and fun.
      and having to pay these absurd amounts of deu isnt fun.

The game is rather balanced now, so one can get the impression it doesn't need to be as balanced to still be fun. BCs weren't there at the beginning of the game, but were implemented simply because everyone built massive battleship fleets. That was something that needed to be changed because the game wasn't as enjoyable as it should. And if you think this game isn't highly strategic, you clearly haven't played long enough. People have really come up with some crazy things just to kill someones fleet, that's strategy to me. And paying absurd amounts of deut isn't fun, but if you don't like it you can always play full turtle miner.

gamer2014 wrote:

ofc certain things should be balanced but not perfectly or as strictly as you suggest.

Actually that's how everything in the game is balanced, what you guys suggest would be the thing to break the system as it is right now. Just because you don't like to do the hard work, doesn't mean we all need to step down to your level. World of Warcraft lost a huge portion of its userbase thanks to behavior like that, where there was nothing to do, simply because you got handed everything immediately. May come as a shock to you, but some people actually enjoy the game as it is, including these damned FS costs.

Would also like to see what account(s) you have.
    • the game isnt balanced at all
      even without taking the payment features into consideration

bc op
      bs, bb are useless at their current state
      hf mb not as bad as the 2 above but still needs buffs

im not saying that there aren't ppl who dont get them because of the consumption but the main reason ppl dont get fast recs are the costs and reasearch time - not the disadvantageous deu consume.

no one said that flying with lower speed should be then cheaper - why would you say that?
      because of how the mechanic with speed and deu consumption works ingame? because thats changeable
    • So you propose we implement a special unique fuel calculation just for recyclers, because you don't want to pay that extra deut to launch those recs according to the currently working common system that is the same across all ships. There is one fuel consumption formula, and unless you have something more than "I don't want to pay so much deut", it's not going to change.

Current formula:

Perhaps propose how we could change this instead.

And I still wait to hear what experience you have with this game.
    • if you're asking me, this is my 6th time i think I play ogame, first time was when I was a student back in 2003. or 2004. And no, I never got my fleet crashed, I just didn't have time to play it because I had to study and work at the same time, so I just stopped playing and accounts got deleted. Now I've been playing for almost 2 years with some extended vacation modes because of work. A few months ago, I decided to go after HD 15 to make recy fast, I started upgrading, and a bit before my lvl 13 finished I ran some tests how fast would them make, but I didn't notice deut consumption changes, untill recently... I thought deut consumption doesn't change since it doesn't change for bomber after upgrading it from impulse to hyper... when I noticed this, I decided to post this thread... because I just can't get that recy would consume as much as the god damn destroyer... It's illogical to me... I mean, recy only transports res, ok, can take them from DF (if you're imagining it in real world - I'm kinda trekkie), it can be in 2 ways of doing it... opening cargo bay doors, let the debris in, close the cargo bay doors, - or - using some kind of teleporter and "beem me up Scottie"... no biggie, large cargo does the same thing except taking res from DF, can take more than recy, but recy takes over 5 times more deut then LC, and flies much faster than recy - clearly I'm talking about recy with no HD. HOW COME THIS IS NOT WEIRD TO YOU??? SAME ENGINE, FASTER THAN RECY, BUT RECY TAKES MORE THAN 5 TIMES MORE DEUT... I mean isn't it more speed - more deut.. hmmmm
      IT'S ILLOGICAL TO ME, you can show me any formulas, it's still illogical. BTW I'm not that good in math, I'm a lawyer-we don't know math, we're only good in counting money.. :P
    • Just to add my two cents of analogies just check the difference between the BB with impulse 6 drive or with hyper 20 drive which is 3 times faster

I'm not saying you should change the system either it's fine for me as indeed faster cyclers should have an inconvenient (we might debate about the size of the inconvenient seeing the analogie with the bb)