[Old] Applications for API Keys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Here is my application. I would be glad to be able to test the API

- A short description of the tool you want to create or a link to an existing tool you already have / want to update.

I would like to port the tool oGetit github.com/Warsaalk/OGetIt in Ruby first and (other languages e.g Nodejs if I have the time)
    These ports will be open source.

Then I would like to build a web application in Ruby on Rails with this tool for the use of everyone.
    Especially, archiving spy reports and combat reports. Displaying statistics.

- A short description of your developer / programming experience

I am a developer for 12 years now and a team manager. Mainly as web and backend programmer with Rails/Ruby, Java, NodeJs, Php, Javascript skills.

- The scope of your project: Personal, Alliance, Community or International.

It will be open source. For the use of individuals or

- Valid EMail address.

PM me

- The IP from which your tool will connect to our servers. (Limited to 1 during testing).

PM me

- Are you willing to "open source" some of your source code for others to benefit from? (Example: Providing a library for a specific programming language)

Yes that's the goal. I do not know yet if I will open source the web application but It is very likely.

- Are you willing to help with extended testing? This may require you to provide us with more contact information. (IRC contact and approximate online availability).

Yes, I will be glad to do so. I have quite some time for now.
    For more precision in private messages. I am very flexible in terms of availability.

(26.10.2015 Valent) Information request
    (29.10.2015 Valent) API key sent
  • Key Request

I would like to have a key to make a Combat Simulator using the API keys to retrieve the information, I'm currently a developer for a minecraft mod called Runecraft, my programming experience revolves about personal little script for random stuff.

I would make the combat simulator at first private and if the result is acceptable I would make it public if I can afford a domain for it.
    I'd be willing to make opensource.

Not sure which libraries I'm going to use it, still undecided probably Ogetit.
    My IP address Is dynamic but I can provide a DNS for it, if helps.
    Please PM me for the email.

• - A short description of the tool you want to create or a link to an existing tool you already have / want to update.
    I want build a report manging tool to search and share sr/cr

Developing since 12 Years PHP/JS

Personal/Alliance since you dont want to share your sr with everybody

- Valid EMail address.
    via PM

- The IP from which your tool will connect to our servers. (Limited to 1 during testing).
    via PM

- Are you willing to "open source" some of your source code for others to benefit from? (Example: Providing a library for a specific programming language)
    maybe

(9.11.2015) Valent: key requested
    (18.12.2015 Valent: API Key sent )
  • Feel free to contact me on IRC to find more details.

When you apply for an API key please send the details by PM directly ( to shorten time )

the needed information is :

A short description of the tool you want to create or a link to an existing tool you already have / want to update.
    - Valid EMail address.
    - Are you willing to help with extended testing? This may require you to provide us with more contact information. (IRC contact and approximate online availability).
  • I'd like to create a project for OGame that looks a bit like GalaxyTool or GalaxyView, not exactly sure how it was called.

The idea is that users can submit espionage reports and that it will gather them on a local server (so not centralized with all players), then it will on the galaxy overview show which targets might be interesting and which ones are most definitely not interesting.

Later on it might get more options that give the player the ability to make informed decisions (automatic fleet sim, etc.).

Programmer experience: I'm doing a study on Computer Science and have been developing for a lot of years already and professionally developing (in Java mostly) for 4 years
    The scope of the project: Starting with Personal/Alliance, but it could end up being International, I plan to open-source everything, the Userscript itself will be open-source by nature of JavaScript and I intend to open-source the server code as well.

Open-source: Yes, I'm willing to open-source everything
    Extended testing: Yes, I'm willing to help with this too

Data sent via PM as well.

• I have another question for requesting/using API keys.
    So my tool will be like GalaxyView, where users of the tool (for example players or alliances) will need to run their own server, let's call this server their instance.

Now the issue is that every instance needs to have their own API key as they will most likely be hosted on different IP addresses, even though they are all the same application running the same code, the real issue is that the API application process seems to be aimed at programmers, not at users of applications created by programmers.

In the short term there is no issue as this will all be under development, but in the long term I foresee these possible scenarios:
    1) Users of the application (the ones hosting it for themselves or for their alliance) will all request an API key via this forum
    2) API keys would need to be valid for multiple if not all possible IP addresses
    3) A centralized server should be used for this application to request all reports from the OGame servers via a single API key, this seems to be disallowed by the rules

I'd like to hear feedback on this and thoughts on how to proceed in the future.
  • Hi.
    I would like to have access to API to develop several utilities in Spanish, especially compactors.
    I have skills in SQL Server and ASP.NET applications development
    ogamator.com is a site access log but these reports would be freely accessible.
    My email is gamator.free@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi.

I would like to have access to API to develop several utilities in Spanish, especially compactors. I have skills in SQL Server and ASP.NET applications development.

ogamator.com is a site access log but these reports would be freely accessible.

ogamator.free@gmail.com

Thank you
    (01.11.2015) Valent: information request
  • Valent wrote:

API Keys sent to
    Chimenea
    momocow
    kwachu
    Discepolo
    JFive
    Anonymes
    darkoon
    keki59
    emouchet
    Sambotte
    Hi, sorry to be late for reporting the problem about receiving api key.

I've checked my whole mail box including spam folder but nothing found.

I'll provide my gmail instead of yahoo to Valent by PM and
    hope I can successfully receive the key to upgrade my project.

thanks for taking your time.
  • Valent wrote:

Feel free to contact me on IRC to find more details.

When you apply for an API key please send the details by PM directly ( to shorten time )

the needed information is :

A short description of the tool you want to create or a link to an existing tool you already have / want to update.
    - Valid EMail address.

Peter Powers wrote:

Good Day!

Can I has API key?

I would like to toy around with some CR based statistics. :D

regards,
    PP
    Please send me the needed details by PM