International OGame Championship 2015. Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Everyone will get same amount of resources. There will be additional resources based on points. x points = x resources.

Building time does not matter. We 'offer' you a resources, and you have to make calculation and write down everything you want for that resources. ;)
      Keeping in mind researches for ships or you can't make that ship.

No, there won't be update beacause its pointless to count each 5 levels of something every day. We will calculate points when 1st round is about to finish.

• I am concerned about those who have connections in Origin. Can someone get a non participant, perhaps in the same alliance before the contest to spy or lanx a participant? Can non participants attack a participant? Can they lend large amounts of resources so a participant can build ships and researches a day or two earlier and have 48 to 72 hours to repay them?
    • Anyone who wants my account AFTER the contest ends can have it. If I get more than one request, I will make the best decision I can. I will be in the top 250 in a couple of days. Make sure that you contact me before the end of the contest because I probably will not check it after the contest is over.
    • When are we going to be told the relation between points and resources? To me that is very crucial information. Not only does posting the relation between points and resources help me know how valuable each point is especially in comparison to the resources that all will be given for round three, but having the values set in stone eliminates doubts about the possibility of someone tweaking the values to get a desired outcome. How much will each participant receive, and how much is each point worth?

I was hoping that I would not have to ask. I was hoping that this valuable information would be provided for our benefit and for the sake of assuring the integrity of this contest. At this point, I do not believe that meeting the needs of the contestants or maintaining integrity have ever been a concern for this contest.
    • Dividius wrote:

Dividius wrote:

Icegirl wrote:

Read rules.. No attacks between participants or non participants. Trade is allowed.
      Don't worry.. it will be ok ;)
      I was just spied by a non-participant (I sent in a ticket.) I checked and it was possible for me to attack and spy him. What is going on?

It is possible since the system doesnt block you to attack or spy him... but it's forbidden by contest rules.
    • I know I am not allowed to raid or attack non-participants. I want to know if they can raid or attack me? Icegirl said "no attacks between participants and non-participants." I have probably read the rules more than she has, and there is nothing that says non-participants cannot attack participants, but Icegirl says they cannot attack us. Just to be clear, can non-participants attack participants?
    • Icegirl wrote:

I didnt said you cant raid or attack anyone..
      There mustn't be pushing from nonparticipants to participants.
      I know that participants are not allowed to raid non-participants. The rule says: "Participant can trade with every player but can not receive resources from any nonparticipant player or attack any active nonparticipant player."

I have been spied several times by a non-participant. Here is my question. Please answer so there is no doubt. Can an active non-participant attack a participant? If there is a chance that there could be pushing against participants from non-participants, it seems they are allowed to attack participants. It would be most unfair since participants can not attack back.

I understand pushing. I wan to know, who can attack who? Please answer in such a way that there is no possible confusion.

I am glad to see the point chart, but the bigger question remains. How do those points convert into resources? 1) How many resources of each type will each player who makes it to round three get? 2) How many resources of each type will be given for each point?

Finally what are the exact rules for rounds two to four. We are about half done and these rules have not been presented or discussed.
    • There was a question asked on the other thread about possibly skipping round two. If I knew the details on what resources we will receive, I could answer that question. It is like playing basketball where the teams do not know that there are one, two and three point shots. One team makes 51 shots and thinks they won because the other team made 49, but the team with 49 shots made had more three point shots and fewer one points; they won easily. As to the question, without all the information, I have to make a good guess. I think, skipping round two will be a disadvantage as I have planned what strategy I can for the long haul. I would suggest that we can shorten things to end on Saturday, June, 14th, but I would lake at least three days notice if anything happens.

No matter what is done there will probably be less that eight participants left. That will be a problem. On one hand if the resources are scored so the amount given to every player is high and the amount for points is low, both fleets will suffer damage and the DF which goes to the winner might not cover loses. If that is the case, whoever gets a bye has an advantage. If there is a large difference in the amounts players get because the amount for each point is high, not having the chance to get a DF (or having a bye), could be a disadvantage.
    • Now I found out that somebody named skoll who was not in the list of participants or in the first points summary is a participant. Since I attacked the other two players who were below me, and since skoll was honorable, I am sure I would have been an equal opportunity raider and hit skoll as well. I am thinking that S034 got the raw end of this failure.
    • Yeah, first you had 8 players, then you suddenly revealed skoll was part of the contest when gathering points was over with (meaning no one else in the contest could try hitting him), then you removed me from phase 3. What was the point in including me in the final point count if you were going to just remove me later? Did you seriously make the rules for this phase just now?

And to be clear, I'm not upset about being left out, I'm upset about how this entire contest is being done. I stopped playing way early because of work and didn't expect myself to make it to phase 2.
    • Am I reading the numbers correctly? Do we really have 300 million deut for research and 500 million deut for ships, plus what we earned?

Are we just supposed to post our researches on the 21st, or both researches and ships?

Concerning what I earned from the points, am I limited to using it for building ships only, or can I use it for buying research as well? Can I use some of it for buying research if I choose and some for buying ships?