Merge .us with .org/merge .se, .no and .dk

• Alliance and Player Interaction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Merge .us with .org/merge .se, .no and .dk

I know this has been suggested before but since I couldn't find the post (I am terrible at computers overall, sorry) I'll make a new one, just to bring attention to this idea again.

One idea to again increase the numbers of players in the .us and .org communities could be to merge the two, what is the point of having 2 english speaking communities. I could understand the reason back when there was a lot of players but now it seems more beneficial to combine the two. 1 forum instead of 2, twice as many uni's that can in the future be merged with eacother and instead of opening up 1 new uni in .us and 1 new uni in .org just open up 1 for the both. I don't know if this idea is even possible but it needs to be seriosuly looked into, but as I said in the begining, it might allready have been?

The same thing could be done with the .no, .dk and the .se communities, these have even less active players and could really nee a lift to not lose more (and maybe attract some new ones?). Norweigan, Danish and Swedish is not the same language but they are very simmilar (which anyone that speaks one or more of these languages can agree with me on) and most people understand the other 2 languages. I am Swedish and I have no problems understanding either Danish or Norweigan. I know that the mods of the scandinavian countries have been working towards this but I thought I'd just add it here as well now to give it another push.

Best Regards
      Santa

EDIT: This just popped up over at .us
      board.us.ogame.gameforge.com/b…lk/75504-ogame-us-future/
    • .US was een joke indeed done by our BA, but in the other comms it was quite realistic until short... As many coma say it's not technically possible right now, doesn't mean it's not possible in the future. But for now nothing will be done about it. As you know we tried hard on .se/dk/no we even were thinking details, but if you do you would totally jump the gun. It's the same with comm's like .ba and .com.hr. Knowing that these comm's won't merge, you will waste you time hoping .org/.us will merge. I honestly believe they can merge one day, but we discussed proposed enough to know it's not going to happen any time soon due to technical reasons. At least that's what is us being told. And so far i have no reason to not believe that. So let's just wait and see what the future brings and don't go all ballastic on this :P I see this thread poppin up everwhere.
      I can haz Super Cheap

Team Manager: OGame.se
      Game Admin: OGame.us
      GO: OGame.dk
    • @Valent

I agree, would be some downsides, I've played in both communities and i agree, there are som differences which are good that you can chose which of the two fits you best, but I still personally feel that the benefits of merging the two are greater than the "dissbenefits" (if that's even a word:P)
    • Valent wrote:

There is another aspect : many players are playing both communities. A merge will not help any of them.
      The two communities are distinct in many aspects offering to players multiple choices, a merge will certain reduce these choices.

just an aspect to be considered .

Same for every merge.
      Anyway a merge is a better solution than simply close all universes like gameforge did with some communities with too few players

** OgameTech **
    • zohar88 wrote:

merge Scandinavians in to .org ^^

btw. TS - did you guys ever come to agreement regarding Scandinavian merger and language on target comm? :)

Well not really.
      You know the ideal scenario was a button to choose a language. But that will cost even more energy. Maybe with an add-on but still. And English would be weird too as you get a third english playing community. So not really. Besides it was quite pointless debating details after our last meeting. I think you were there too. Or maybe not. We were already worrying about details while GF said it wasn't possible at all at this moment so we let it rest for now. As you all should do here too xD
      I can haz Super Cheap

Team Manager: OGame.se
      Game Admin: OGame.us
      GO: OGame.dk