Inbox Messages

• Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Inbox Messages

I keep all my important messages, including spy reports, in inbox, and discard useless ones in recycle.
      Unfortunately, system clears inbox every 2 days, without even asking us. Since it first happened, I backup all important messages on my PC.
      But then I have to restore them, or regenerate them like spy reports. That's a hassle.
      Your messaging system is currently counterintuitive by deleting inbox messages in 2 days and keeping recycle messages forever. It should be the reverse. Easiest to implement would be to keep everything for a longer time, ie 2 weeks.
    • Currently you can keep messages for longer time by using the premium comander :)

If you keep you informed by reading game news or the OGame Facebook page, you would recognise that ogame will get a new message system.
      First of all we will keep messages for again max. 1 week without comander then (no difference in future in the new message system).

The fact that it´s currently like as it is, is simply told. In active universes there are about some gigs of data only from the message system. Active players have around 15k to 25k Fleet messages in 1 Week, without counting the system messages, or player to player messages....

We will have an eye after the new message system was released to figure out how long we can store messages. But to store ALL messages for e.g. 2 weeks, doesn´t makes sense, cause no one needs e.g. such old obsolete spy repors for around 2 weeks or fleet returns ...
      If you want to store some messages you can mark them as favorite, which means up to 50 messages at all :)

LG
      Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.