Pinned Translating problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi!

1. G51 is blocked, but it used.

2. F18 "Remove warning that no further planets may be colonized"
      I can't understand it correctly, what this is mean really in game.

3. FL2 "Number of last missions in standard targets"
      The first half of this sentence is OK, but "in standard targets" what does it mean? This is F40 too.
      I have seen this post already.

Thanks.
    • G51 unblocked

If you have already all possible planets, a message pops up each time you will fleetsave with mission colonization

Standard targets are in the left of the Shortcuts table below. They are shortcuts to select coordinate, type, mission and speed
    • Francolino wrote:

G51 unblocked

If you have already all possible planets, a message pops up each time you will fleetsave with mission colonization

Standard targets are in the left of the Shortcuts table below. They are shortcuts to select coordinate, type, mission and speed
      Hi!

Thanks for answer.

F40/FL2

"standard targets"... It don't understand for me. Okay, I see now. I can set this in: AGO option / Fleet / Standard targets. But this name isn't really good, because the "standard" word is very common, and doesn't mean nothing unique. I think the "preselected targets" or "fixed targets" or similar words are much better than "standard targets".

Similar problem are the B31-B35
      "Standard units" LOL. This is mean nothing.
      I think the "commercial value" or similar words are much better. My English is weak, these words only ideas.

I found very big translation-handle problem, and I saw it long time ago: The panel (on left side) language doesn't change back to the English. In latest beta, I see my all translated texts on the Panel, but if I change back language to English, the panel language stays the translated language.

Edit: It seems to me, that AGO built-in language selection changes only the AGO menu language. For example Fleet I page left side is remain foreign language after I switch back AGO language to English.

English language texts are often very short, please increase these combo boxes width (see attached picture - red boxes). I think +40% is enough in first time, for my language. edit: I see now, F06 and F07 texts both blocked. Why? Okay: link. But please, increase width of these combo boxes.

AH1 and AH7 are same (Explanation).

E70 "Ogame setting" this is minor error, better it: "OGame setting"

G46 "Image size" - This is: "image only"

Please increase combo box width of H02-H03, H06-H08, H11-H18 +30% I think about OK.

Anyway, thanks for this excellent mod. :)
      Images
      • Clipboard01.png

30.03 kB, 691×602, viewed 342 times

The post was edited 13 times, last by mikk ().

Standard target does have the same meaning as "Standard fleet" (OGame label with commander) - And yes, "Preselected targets" do match it well.
      Standard units is also a common used word for a virtual value, based on metal, crystal or deuterium, see the explanation in the translation tool or look around wikis for MSU (Metal Standard Units)

See the tooltip for this option setting, the language is only changed for the Options menu. Other languages ingame are a caused by opening the Options menu and is gone with the next page load.

3. Let's see at the end when fleet pages are finsihed.

AH7 removed

Done

Image size is correct, it depends on the debris field size

Complete text is visible, if you select an option. OK for now.

:)
    • Hi!

Thanks for answers!

2. : Very strange for me, if this mod can't set the own language if I select language from own language menu. So, at the moment the language selecting selects only the AGO menu language.

An error, but this isn't translating error:
      "Delay for hiding of tooltips with close button" If I choose the last value (10), then I try save, this setting is lost, the new value is only (2).

Thanks.
    • Hmm, can you report the setting problem as bug ? I don't have time to fix those problems for now.

The lanuage problem is caused by a simplification .. i'll use the same library function, opening the menu changes only the used language so you see it in the game as well until you load the page again. I won't spend any time to fix this minor problem
    • Hi!

Calm down :) If I say any error, this doesn't mean you must repair these errors :) I only help for you to improve this great mod, that's all.

In my opinion, if the users can't switch to the English or other language, they can't read the original words (only the options). If the translating isn't good, or if they prefer other language than server language, or simple they don't like translated AGO, the users won't be happy.

edit:
      If I play on UK server, and I change to language to Hungarian, the panel language (and many AGO texts) stay English.

Translating errors or hints:

Tooltips

a10 (and I think these too: a11 d602 d85) "AGO Options menu" is remain English.

edit:

I think all [PAGE] (OGame button name) [] format stay English. I thought AGO can read these button names from original game localization, except the "AGO Options menu".
      Well, I think a good idea, if you create new translate section of game buttons (pages) in "Menu / Ingame text" for translate OGame buttons (pages).

in a56 text I think this is bad: [A54], I think the good solution this: [PAGE][A54][]

b01 [ORANGE](Production per hour)[] - Current resources / Storage capacity

I see this colour is lightgreen.

s48: 3. Press the button [BUTTON][S40][] and read the the guide [PAGE]Problems with the browser database[].
      I don't see this topic on this link, but I found similar, name is: "Problems with the OGame API / browser database (no player details)"

b02 The [GREEN]time[] when an ongoing building / construction / research will be finished is shown in its detailed information layer and in each queue box.

Yes, but these (detailed information layer / queue box) show different informations.
      The first show, if build is starting (now), when will be finished.
      The second show, (under construction) build when will be finished.

b11 "Also with a click onto each construction of the [PAGE]InfoCompte[] upgrade list."

I don't know what this mean. InfoCompte is a script, but this is AGO.

"By clicking the amount of needed ships you can toggle between [ITEM]Large Cargo[] and [ITEM]Small Cargo[]."

It doesn't work, without click small window appear, and shows the needed cargos.

A31-A32 a31-a32
      I see, these function works only, if the local time and the server time time-zone are different.

d008 "[*]The date of the latest update is shown beneath."
      beneath -> I think this is "next to" or "on the right"

d41 "or the [SECTION]Calculator[]. "

Where is the Calculator section?

d62 "In case of any problem you may request to get delivered your backup-file by giving the optional name. "
      what does it mean for you?
      a, User can restore from backup with name (this is true)
      b, You can send a backup file to the user...?

f02 "(Preselecting e.g. using the [BUTTON][F6B][] button, in spy reports or in a simulator page)"
      I don't see the value of F6B button in "Menu / Ingame text"

f09
      I don't see this tooltip in game. I think it should appear over F09 text.
      edit:
      I found this text in game, above G38 (Jump gate settings)

Very often I see "enabled" or "disabled" word in tooltips, and here: link

But I think "disabled" meaning: the option is disabled, so a user can't select it.
      I think "enabled" meaning: the option is enabled, so a user can select it.

I think "on/off" or "checked/unchecked" similar words are better.

f53
      I think [*] is missing from the beginning of first line.

m80
      I don't see this tooltip message in game (I think, I should find above M80 texts).

t101
      [NOPARSE] [ALLIANCENAME] with the alliance tag[]
      [NOPARSE] [ALLIANCETAG] with the alliance tag[]

The first I think the "with the alliance tag name", and the "replaced" word is often missing in this section.[*]

and...

"is replaced with "true" if target is a moon" -> " is replaced with 'true' if target is a moon"

t102
      The parameter [ALLIANCE] and [ALLIANCETAG] are not available for now.

I think the [ALLIANCENAME] too.

t05
      [SETTING][T06] -> [SETTING]T06[]

i81
      [HINT] Autocopy of marked times is not available for now, coming later.

I see it works, for example from OGame message.

a11
      Enable it again with a click onto the [PAGE]AGO Options menu[].
      This is a main button of AGO, sot this is button, not a PAGE.

Ingame texts

1.T3A, T4A - link doesn't work for me in game

2.T3B - blocked, but visible in left panel (I'm not sure this is need to translate, but T2A-T2B are both enabled)

3.Panel/Tools/"Online tools" - link doesn't work

4.M80 I think the "$subject" word is unnecessary.
      edit:
      Unnecessary only in AGO options/messages/common section

But this is tooltip in mail/inbox above P/S/R/1/2/3 etc buttons, and $subject is need of these.

5. G51
      This option doesn't turn on the function, only if this setting was enabled on galaxy page (click to 'Planet Moon' label on Galaxy page). I tried it many times.
      This is the first option, which really mean: DISABLE; if this option disabled in AGO options menu, the user can't turn on this settings in Galaxy page. Do you want this working really? If so, you need modify function label and explanation.

6. I82: Select the marked target instantly.
      It seems to me it works with switched on/off too.

The usage I think in the Galaxy page, after on the planet: "Show detail information". Or I don't understand this function.

If the Fleet pages are shown, these coordinate and/or time will be selected.
      On fleet page, where?

TTg. TranslationTool guide

1. [BUTTON] is missing from list.

Thanks!

The post was edited 47 times, last by mikk ().