35 days inactive & MO

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Other games have something like a "ghosting system".
      Inactive accounts are removed from the game, until the users will be active again.

Maybe something like this can be implemented in OGame.

An account in v-mode and with paid DM will be ghosted after 35 days.

- While in ghosting stage, the colony placements become empty in universe view. Other players can colonise them.
      - Once a player re-logs, his colonies will re-appear back in the galaxies they
      used to be on. Should there be no room in a galaxy, they will be placed on an galaxy in the vicinity.

Once an account is ghosted:

What will remain:

• All player informations remain intact.
      • All colony informations remain.
      • Friend list informations remain.
      • Upgrades remain.
      • Fleets remain.
      • FaceBook Connect gets saved if there was any.
      • Notes gets saved.
      • Scores get saved.

What is not saved:

• Alliance information gets deleted

Inactive accounts without v-mode will remain and can still be looted.
      Admin OGame.nl
      Mail: rdet@ogame.nl
      IRC: Rdet

• Idea is not new but many problems

If you go away with vmode after a time you are moved into this ghost universe.
      You will lose all your planetpositions, cause other players colonize your positions. Some players spend DM to get those positions. There are still complains during migration for that part from players.

Another problem is that there might be not enough free positions in that universe to merge this account back, what then?
      Accounts, which stay in this ghost universe are stored forever? What if migration is done in his home server and the server is deleted? currently those players are deleted and get DM back, then not?

ogame is different to other games, different from user and game side :)
      Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
    • JoKy wrote:

Idea is not new but many problems
      The idea may be old, but I'm new on this board.
      Problems are there to be solved.

JoKy wrote:

You will lose all your planetpositions, cause other players colonize your positions. Some players spend DM to get those positions. There are still complains during migration for that part from players.

Those complains come from users, who are active players.
      I don't believe there will be many complaints from the inactive users, some of them are inactive for months even years.
      Those inactive accounts are a reason for active users not to spend DM, so what is worse?

JoKy wrote:

Another problem is that there might be not enough free positions in that universe to merge this account back, what then?
      Since the accounts stay on their server they will not be a surplus on the maximum amount of accounts.
      The decreasing number of users is the main reason to merge universes a second time.
      Is there information available how many universes are reaching there maximum capacity?

JoKy wrote:

Accounts, which stay in this ghost universe are stored forever? What if migration is done in his home server and the server is deleted? currently those players are deleted and get DM back, then not?

Accounts stay on their server, so when migration occurs they can be treated in the same way and get there DM back.
      Admin OGame.nl
      Mail: rdet@ogame.nl
      IRC: Rdet

• It´s technically impossible to let those accounts on the server. Each Account needs an account slot and enough places for the planets. Or we have the same problem, that those planetpositions are blocked.

The only reason to remove those vmode inactive players from an universe is that, those players are blocking wanted planet positions and or player slots of active universes. In quasi dead universes there is no possible reason to remove them or am I wrong?
      In active multispeed universes those player and planet slots are rare, that´s why some extra galaxies are still added in some universes to get more space.

And I´m also not sure if it´s possible by law to remove an account from an universe without permission or possible reason.

Also important: I only repond for the technical part here, don´t know how is reponsible for such ideas.
      Being a QA is sort of like being a goal keeper. People only talk about you when you’ve screwed up. We are the silent guardians of game development, and they will never have to thank us.
    • I repeat my suggestion on all topic trying to manage this problem :

Today we have : "the i35+ accounts without bought DM will be erased."
      Tomorrow we could have : "the i35+ accounts without bought DM will be erased. All other i35+ accounts will loose 1k AM by day."

No, I don't want to introduce a new paid service : you just have to connect yourself monthly to avoid to pay for securing your account...
    • Raszagal88 wrote:

I dont like your idea iguypouf.

JoKy read the 12º point of Ogame rules.

You can write funny things there. The Reallife Law overrules it :)
      It´s forbidden by law to delete accounts, where someone still has some, bought by real money, premium stuff in it. I have an online account in another german service, where i have 1 euro cent in it. It´s there since 12 years and can´t be deleted by the hoster.

LG
    • JoKy wrote:

It´s forbidden by law to delete accounts, where someone still has some, bought by real money, premium stuff in it. I have an online account in another german service, where i have 1 euro cent in it. It´s there since 12 years and can´t be deleted by the hoster.
      Blablabla.

Several accounts have been lost during the merge in the French community; not yet (and I suppose never) restored.

Two monthes ago an account with bought-DM disapparead itself. No news.

And I don't see the GF's CEO in jail...

:crazy:

Anyway, my suggestion is a solution to that.
    • I think Rdet means some kind of ghosting system Ikariam is using. In Ikariam inactive accounts (with or without payed premium stuff on it) are removed and are stored back when the inactive player logs in again. Ikariam is also from GF and is bound by the same law. So the law shouldn't be an issue for this.
      I don't think is will be a problem if some planets are placed nearby like during merges if accounts are so long inactive. If someone really wants to keep his positions, he only have to login once a month to keep it from being ghosted.