Holiday mode improvement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Holiday mode improvement

Now a days, the holiday mode is used by tops in order to do a "legal fleetsalving cheat". This cant be tolerated. If they don't want to be destroyed , they have to play in GREENFARM of facebook. But Ogame is a war game, so nobody would be alive. And this get angry to ALL ogame.es players

My suggestion is:

When we take off the holiday mode we wont be able to attack in a big period of time (for example 1 week or more)

Because tops in Spain are all time in holiday mode. their friends give to them some objectives . Then this tops Take off holiday mode and destroy their victims, and then they put again vacation mode.

I think this is an abuse that have to be eradicated.

Of suggestions implemented by GF like:
      Deconstruction Time Needed
      This post have already been reported
    • I dont agree with that you say because , what happens when I return of one holiday and I have an emergency because for example I work in a hospital ?, I wont be able to turn on holiday mode so I will lose all my vessels....So this cant be the solution. In Spain this solution that you say have a lot of negative votes, including mine.

Because this is damage to all players, not only who do usually "legal fleetsalving cheat"

• You have a good point,

The problem with your suggestion is that it blocks a lot the players.

You told it yourself: VM should remain only for vacation. In all my history, VM has been planified... So I didn't think about unplanified VM ^^

1 week attacking block is a lot, on an other sense, blocking attacks from players is really anoying for players using VM in the "normal" way it should be used (only for vacation).

But only 2 days of atacks block after MV, I could agree.

EDIT: Even there, I'm not tottaly against the fact of removing VM to make a hoff... So not sure I really agree... Will think about that.
      RE-EDIT: I finally don't agree with this :-/ I think it's to much privation for some honnest players to stop a minority of casual players using MV.
    • Yeah but I permit them turn on holiday mode again . I permit them make fleetsalving, transport...and the other kind of missions missions.
      What i don't permit is attack or destroy moons.(exception: attack with probes)

In the end is better the impossibility of attack during a week, that impossibility of put holiday mode again which means lose your account.

With this solution players who do "legal fleetsalving cheat" wont be in holiday mode because the wont be able to attack as soon as they turn off holiday mode. And the rest of players will be damaged with this suggestion but at all we can study an algorithm using times we put vacation mode in ...one month? And calculate days that the wont be able to attack.

I EDIT TO:

The problem of this players is that the rest of universe is not able to revenge their selves. With this you cant destroy this players because are all time in holiday mode except when they are attacking so? ...What will happens if all players do the same?

• I don't agree with your point because how can you destroy their moons if they are all time in VM? Are really this players a good players? I think no, the good player is the player who play all time and is not destroyed.

If you are all time in VM and only plays when you are attacking how can someone destroy them? That is not a good player because is alive all time...

• but anyways it wouldnt be quiet fair to block attacks... miners just would normaly gain ressources and fleeters just have to live with a "attack-block"? not fair at all...

i dont think you should change too much anymore on vacation mode...
      i mean... if a top is in vacation mode, i doesnt produce ANYTHING in that time... so it should be sort of easy to take in his place by just having more ress available to convert into points... just needs time :)

i dont think someone who is only "online" every third day will be successful over time...
    • okey , but read my posts and see my point of view...it have sense at all too.

I am producing minerals, but I am exposed to attacks. This kind of fleeter no. They NEVER are exposed to an enemies attacks. And like you said, their ways in order to win points are attacking, so for them there is not problem if their mines doesn't produce any minerals....so my suggestion gives the fair play that nowadays doesn't exists (in my opinion and all Spanish community opinion)

• i dont think someone who is only "online" every third day will be successful over time...

You would be surprised... There is ^^
      Some player are in VM and watch their next target's activity over time, and only get out of VM to hoff...
      Some players have lvl 11 nanites to make vessels really fast and go back in VM right after this. They stay less than 12 hours out of vm but they have time to spend a whole hoff in vessels, and make a new hoff at the same time...

It's "a big" problem on .fr servers, because much players do this and fleeters not using VM say they are impossible to get because they are always in front of their pc when their accounts are not in vm.

There is a similar debate actually on .fr board, but no "solution" is really popular...
    • i really dont like this solution because it just kills every fleeter that isnt in the top10.
      and something like that just would kill the little rest of fleeters out there -> even less active players

the problem you describe here may happen in older universes but just would kill the more younger universes.

i just think this idea wont solve the problem the right way...
      its a small change that should block a few actions but will have huge affect on uninvolved players/universes
    • I only know 2 ways in order to solve this "legal cheat" : mine and

VM 2 days, so after ths VM, impossible to put VM during minimum 2 days

Which is wore solution that mine . So like I said: If i return to a 15days of holidays (summer) and then the first week of working I have an emergency. What can I do? Lose 15min doing fleet, and my patient waiting in the operating room?

I will lose all my account. So this is not the way.

--------------------> So there is someone who knows a better solution that mine ?

• Raszagal88 wrote:

I only know 2 ways in order to solve this "legal cheat" : mine and

VM 2 days, so after ths VM, impossible to put VM during minimum 2 days

Which is wore solution that mine . So like I said: If i return to a 15days of holidays (summer) and then the first week of working I have an emergency. What can I do? Lose 15min doing fleet, and my patient waiting in the operating room?

I will lose all my account. So this is not the way.

--------------------> So there is someone who knows a better solution that mine ?
      Sure... leave it as it's right now xDDDD
      Taro's already said it... and an attack block over a fleeter account will finish a forever vmoded account :D
      So, sorry, but imo, this suggestion is senseless.