UniverseView - moved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UniverseView - moved

This thread & information is out of date, please use this forum now => LINK

Previous updates

• Info : Tool for userplanets in galaxy
    • Author : Warsaalk
    • Wiki: universeview.be
    • Support : http://board.origin.ogame.de/board6-origin/board38-tools-scripts-skins/4342-universeview-script/
      or facebook.com/UniverseView
    • Download : universeview.be
    • Screenshot (latest version):

• Browser : Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox & Opera
    • Languages : English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Czech
      To add your language please go to this topic => LINK

[spoiler=Description - Deprecated]
      To see the latest features follow the update links at the top of this post.
      Several updates contain screenshots.

This script is designed to make your ogame experience better.
      UniverseView shows a player's planets when hovering him in the galaxy, also his military points and ships.
      To view the full feature list visit my wiki UniverseView Wiki

You have the option to use the ogame api's for getting the planets.
      The second option is using a local database in your browser. (Your own little database ^^ )
      The last option is to use a personal server with a UniverseView database on the server
      The advantage when using a personal server is that when you view a system it'll get updated on your server (this option can also be turned off).

Clientside : Javascript
      Serverside : PHP and Mysql

If you have ideas or feature request you can always contact me.
      Feedback would also be nice :)

Happy ogaming (and programming for the developers) :gamer:
      [/spoiler]

The post was edited 50 times, last by Warsaalk ().

• Hello :)

This is something for what i haven't the time. Within the next weeks i add extend the Ogame search feature to get coordinates etc, but not a complex search feature like yours (if i see it correctly what your a planning )

For the Ogame API i can offer you a connection to the AntiGameOrigin database (IndexedDB) , or i write a small antigame API . Right now i store already player.xml and universe.xml, only alliance.xml is missing , but less important and simple to include.
    Tell me if you are interested.

And please have a talk with Omar Hawk from Galaxytool project ;-)

Regards,
  • Omar Hawk wrote:

Warsaalk wrote:

Because the scanning is sort of automated, i post it here to see if the script can get tolerated, so that's it's worth continuing the development.

How automated is it? Letting a script click through galaxies + systems is not allowed. :P

Well that's the reason i posted it here to see if it's legal !
    In the first screenshot you see that you can choose a galaxy and also a beginning system and end system.
    It doesn't automaticly click.
    I fetch every system from the beginning system till the end system with ajax request via the ogame server.
  • Warsaalk wrote:

I fetch every system from the beginning system till the end system with ajax request via the ogame server.

This is ofc allowed - but not very performant.

Edit : Sorry, ofc this is not allowed because i thought that you are talking about the OGame API here - But you meant loading galaxy pages via AJAX - This is of course NOT allowed.
  • Francolino wrote:

Edit : Sorry, ofc this is not allowed because i thought that you are talking about the OGame API here - But you meant loading galaxy pages via AJAX - This is of course NOT allowed.

Please use only the OGame API - that's why the GF added this feature.
    Or store each galaxy view when the player calls them system by system.
  • Francolino wrote:

Francolino wrote:

Please use only the OGame API - that's why the GF added this feature.
    Or store each galaxy view when the player calls them system by system.

Well there goes the main purpose of the script :(
    Can you also tell me why it's not allowed ?

Continuing the development with ogame api's would be needless because AntiGameOrigin already does gives a players data via the api's.
    Not planning on reinventing stuff that already exists.
    What could be done is extend galaxytool with my hover feature in the galaxy.
    Or does someone has other suggestion ?
  • Warsaalk wrote:

The main purpose is to give the user a easy way to get to other players their planets via hovering their name in the galaxy.

See OGame API - load the playerData.xml - Then you have all for your main popose. But there are already some userscripts which offers this feature. It's pretty simple.

I thought that you want to create an extended search feature. Well, there are also some tools / pages which loads the OGame API in a server database with a webfrontend .

But right now i don't know a tool like your screenshot which does it inside Ogame with all those possible features.
  • Francolino wrote:

See OGame API - load the playerData.xml - Then you have all for your main popose. But there are already some userscripts which offers this feature. It's pretty simple.

I know , i already build a webbased search tool with the api's. But for the moment that one is private.

I thought that you want to create an extended search feature. Well, there are also some tools / pages which loads the OGame API in a server database with a webfrontend .

Well i'll skip the automated galaxy scanner and replace it by loading the ogame api's in a database.
    Will also be more time efficient than the scanner and easier because i'll don't have to filter and parse the HTML anymore ^^
    And probably also add a system updater if you're searching the galaxy.

But right now i don't know a tool like your screenshot which does it inside Ogame with all those possible features.

Yeah it's meant to be ingame, because it's much faster if your scanning a player's planets / moons when you're attacking him.
  • I've been working on some stuff.

ALL FEEDBACK IS VERY WELCOME

Bug: when hovering player in galaxy and script isn't done yet the tooltip wil not show properly .
    (takes about ~3 seconds for the script to load everything)

Screenshot 6 : full screenshot universeview menu
    Screenshot 7 : full screenshot galaxy hovering player

Newly added features
    • It's possible to choose wether you like to use your server to get a players planet or straight from the api's (screenshot 1: server, screenshot 2: api)
    • Choose wether you like to update a system, by sending it to your server, when you're on the galaxy page (screenshot 1: yes or no)
    • Input field for the url of the serverscript on your server (screenshot 1: set server)
    • Serverdata from current universe (screenshot 3: Serverdata)
    • Added check to see if your universeview version is up to date (screenshot 4: if up to date, screenshot 5: if not up to date)

Still needs to be added
    • User webinterface
    • User authentication for server connection

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Screenshot 6

Screenshot 7

The post was edited 2 times, last by Warsaalk ().

• Was pretty bussy lately with school projects, so didn't have much time to work on the webinterface.

Newly added features
    - Script checks ogame universe in database, so i won't override info if it is connected to an database from an other universe.
    - Userservice class from weblogin, registration, etc...

Preview of login page:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Warsaalk ().

• Few changes, bugs fixed and change in script structure.

Bug: after clicking to other planet via tooltip and then going to previous or next system / galaxy.
    I'll show the next or previous system / galaxy from the first system where you used the tooltip to go to other planet
    (Bug Fixed)

Bug: When clicking through galaxy fast, a player his planet gets added with the coords of the new system / systems.
    Problem: Multiple records / coordinates for the same planet.
    Ingame-problem: Tooltip shows wrong and correct planet coordinates.
    (Bug Fixed)
  • I think it's time to let the public test it. Script also runs in FIREFOX from now on.
    For now it will only work with the ogame api because the serverside script and database are not ready for release yet.
    Please enjoy and give me some feedback please.

Important: Make sure you select ogame api in the universeview menu instead of personal server.

Download url : userscripts.org/scripts/show/151420
  • Added new feature.
    Now you'll be able to see a player's military points and ship count when hovering his name in the galaxy.

When using the api the points will have the same update interval as the player's planets
    Now i'm using the playerData xml for the points, that's why the interval is so long.
    I'll probably implement that i'll use the highscore xml, which has a update interval of an hour :D

Screenshot 1 shows how it'll apear in the tooltip.
    In Screenshot 2 the universemenu will have a update button when you're using a universeview database. (I hoping to release it as soon as i can)

FEEDBACK

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Warsaalk ().

• Been working on better tooltip interaction.

- Now the tooltip doesn't disappear anymore when clicking to other planet.
    - Api version now uses highscore.xml (1 hour update interval instead of the previous 1 week :thumbsup: )
    - Tooltip show planet count in front of planet (screenshot 1)

If you're having trouble with the update, please use ctrl+f5 , ctrl+R or restart browser | tab.
    Than the new version will be loaded into the cache.

FEEDBACK !!

Screenshot 1: