Top Ten Limit

• Diplomacy&Talk

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Top Ten Limit

I've just noticed that rule change about Top10 position: 100kk TD will be required!

But that's NONSENSE! First of all, it's nonsense to put a limit (and such high!) for a universe that will be reset in the end. It's nonsense to say this is for keeping things more calmed down in a forum where there's only a few posts per week. All in all it's only 40 threads at the HoF section from the beginning of the universe! What makes you unable to get them organized, too busy or careless?

And hey, it's not FAIR! If this is the rule, then these sections should be reset. However, it is still nonsense to keep them so empty! I have posts outside the top ten list with triple the TD of the ones already in the list!! And I have posts not put in the list published before this rule was announced!!

It may be a test server but I AM playing in this universe! I am hunting, fleetsaving, trading, interacting with people, posting feedbacks, buying DM; I am spending my time and money on it. If you don't take it seriously, then tell us, so that we can reconsider our decisions!
    • I totally agree with that.
      Someone thought, that it would be great idea, for having less work to do, but didn't think, that it changes what this game is for some of people.
      And this is just not fair setting this while universe is running. Maybe for brand new universes, but why here ?

And is this so big problem to update once for a couple of days the HoF forum? Too much effort for us? Pity.
    • yes i think WindWalker has a very valid point here.He pays to play the game so should see some benefits.He has posted some awesome hits yet people with smaller hits have their name on the boards.Very unfair in my opinion. :rocketlauncher:
    • First of all, its not about busy or not and about any of those.
      second, the fact that most board have a 100kk TD in local communities, why would origin board have an exception to that ?
      third, it wasnt my call alone, it was the call of the staff members in general.
      why should this board have a lower TD requirement then any other board ??
      all universes start the same with top10s at 100kk TD, why would this be any exception ?
      also, not to sound rude or anything to you guys, but the board activity in general and the board activity in particular on the test server section has been reduced like crazy since the reset of the server.
      before i even put any TD limit, the board activity was low with barely a post per 2-3 days max, the limit on TD didnt do that at all, it was the fact that ppl saw that their work went down the drain after the reset, either they did play again and post nothing, or they simply left coz of the reset that happened.
      dont blame the Top10 TD limit for the no activity there, it isnt the Top10s that create activity on any board, its the community, the HOFs, the trades, the diplo stuff and so on...
      in normal universes on normal local communities, have you ever saw the activity emerge on the board coz of top10s ?? or HOFs happening, diplo stuff, wars, revenge hits farming etc...
      work is actually the same with or without the Top10 TD, but its no logical to start having top10s from the early days of universes, or having such a low TD for top10s ?? whats the point of the top10 if its 30kk TD ??
      also, sorry if this seemed rude, didnt mean to, but thats my point of view honestly.

EDIT: Also, i would like you guys to take a look at the archived v3.0 section of the test server board section, check the overall archive area of the test server section at the end of the board, just see how much HOFs there is, CRs, revenge hits, even wars have been declared, all this made the activity and the fun, the reset came, everything was over... i would like you to think about this properly before saying anything about staff dont want to work or are too lazy and busy and stuff like that, top10 limit has nothing to do with it.
    • Kamil,
      I have read all the posts over again but I could not find a clue where did you get the impression that it is claimed that "board activity is reduced due to top 10 limit". I didn't say that... And noone did... Moreover, I totally agree with you on that. But you didn't answer this question: "Why there are some posts below the limit at the top 10 list, while there are others (which are triple their TD) left outside. Some are posted before you set this rule."

Kamil wrote:

why should this board have a lower TD requirement then any other board ??
      Because this universe, unlike other universes, will be reset in the near future. And board activity is too low. So ,it may not live long enough to see 10 hits over 100KK TD.

or having such a low TD for top10s ?? whats the point of the top10 if its 30kk TD ??

And this is an endless question, I can repeat: "what's point of the top 10 is its 100kk TD?" and there may be a time when 100kk will be "such a low." Well, let me answer your question: If 30kk TD is the highest TD in a universe, then it is surely worth displaying. It's something noone could do so far and it is surely a top 10 for the current size of the universe... And a counter-question: "What's the point of an empty Top10?"

Anyway, Top10 is a Top10. When higher TD comes, it replaces the lower one. So we can see the final situation in the universe. Other universes may have a TD limit, it is rather understandable because they last for years with thousands of players where board activity can be difficult to organize. Also, HoF itself is already a limit, Top Ten list is a display of best 10 HoFs so far and that's all...

These are your words from the "New Top10s" topic as the reason of setting a limit: "so we wont get a massive rush of Top10s all at once and some get lost or barely see top10 position. This will keep things more calmed down and more organized." and now you say: "the board activity was low with barely a post per 2-3 days max" So while there's no "massive rush" as you expected, you don't have a reason left to apply this rule. So I ask you to cancel it please.

PS. Sorry, it may be prejudicious to say that "staff dont want to work or are too lazy", i didn't mean to be rude either, but when you apply the same rule set for large, busy boards to a small board like this, as a result, it may be difficult to avoid looking like this...
    • First i admit, the top10 list isnt up to date, i had exams actually and returned to full activity 2 days ago on .org .us and here.
      i will look into that and sort the top10 list.
      also, a rush of top10s isnt the activity measure, what i meant by rush of top10s is that each person comes and posts a hit so small yet its a top10 and others do the same and everything becomes messy like before, thats why i set the limit.
      what i dont understand is that you guys complain about board activity, yet no one posts a single hof, if its not a top10, its not posted, why ??
      whats the reson of posting nothing, since this universes as it seems is doomed to be reset, post some HOFs, create the ogame drama that everyone likes, everyone does and that actually creates the activity on the board and ingame.
      you want the TD lowered, fine, i will lower it, i dont have a problem with that if you guys are asking for it, but i can guaranty to you guys, that lowering the TD will make nothing but a switch of top10s each now and then, it wont create the activity i would LOVE to see on the board.
      v3.0 was crazy, i was the only active assigned mod on the section, and there were over 20-30 posts to go through each day or so and i was doing it, interacting with everyone and so on...
      v4.0 lacks the HOFs, the posts, the drama, it appeared more like its a server to test bugs and that was it, no one doing anything, no one bothering creating a community and so on...
      i will lower the TD again, i will leave the 25kk TD limit for future, and remove the 100kk TD limit, and sort the top10 lists.
      i just hope you guys would create some activity and make it an active section to make it interesting.
    • Thank you Kamil. I'm really pleased to see the forum on the run again. I'm sure it will give a little push to the activity here. Well actually the board activity is parallel to the activity in the universe which is also a bit stagnant recently; so many accounts in v-mode or inactive. :-/