Planet/moon protection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Planet/moon protection

I don't play in origins universe, but I've still got a suggestion :rolleyes:
    Lately, there's been some cases of top accounts being hacked. Even if they got banned for protection almost instantly, they still had moons \ planets where the fleet was at, deleted. That causes the fleet to belong to space, with 0 tech'es.
    While people are responsible for protecting their passwords, it still would be cool to have some sort of additional protection. You can get your email hacked, or a spy could enter your alliance and slowly spread a virus there through files, then delete planets\moons on target accounts a year later, etc. It's the kind of thing that's hard to guard from if the offender is really dedicated.

My suggestion would be to have a timer for deleting all moons and planets that have buildings on them.
    Allowing for instant planet deletion if there's 0 buildings on it would still allow for fast colonization, but if deleting a planet with buildings / moon would launch something like a visible 24 hour timer, it could be enough to react.
    The only way left to destroy a hacked account fast would be to send in in on a mission somewhere, and that requires fleet to be home and still takes time, so if person that's being hacked is online when his fleet is at home, he should be relatively safe from being hacked.
    There'd still be a case where hacker could get fleet's return time when it's already on the way back, but at least in this case the top alliance fleets can be protected. That, and the attacker would have a connection to the hacker. (unless the info would be made public, in which case operators could react, etc)

It really sucks to have a top3 account that you've put years into have its moon with fleet deleted in 1 minute. It really does. Didn't happen to me, but to some of my friends.
    This kind of solution doesn't harm those who use mobile planets or want to send many colony ships at once (and destroy small planets quick), but protects accounts from being hacked.