honor points

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I got attacked today. We were both honorable.
      I destroyed 1 cruiser and got 10 hp.
      The attacker destroyed:

ss 4
      rl 54
      ll 18
      hl 8
      gauss 1
      ion 2

He got 74 hp.

Does anybody know how hp are calculated? I thought they were related to military points, but that obviously isn't the case.
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...
    • People don't fully understand HP yet, so they do things like farming them even though at the end they waste deut or/and ships.
      If you are in a position to take advantage of the HP system, then you'll have them coming to you in bundles, so you don't need to resort to bashing defenses while taking losses. To elaborate this last statement:

-HP lets you take 75% res from honored targets, who if hit also give you HP. So instead of bashing and wasting res, hit only profitable targets and when you start fleeting the HP will come to you on their own. Before that you don't have any use for them anyways (99% of the time) since you're hitting white targets for res and then yellow targets for hp, it's counterproductive even. XD
    • I really like the honor point system on here. it highlights the type of gameplay of the users on the server and helps new players keep an eye out for trouble which may help them stay interested in the game. Plus, it gives you one more thing to try to build up which is 3/4 of the charm of the game! :)
    • I really like the honor point system on here. it highlights the type of gameplay of the users on the server and helps new players keep an eye out for trouble which may help them stay interested in the game

LOL a GF fanboy!! :rofl:

are you talking by experience? It has been proved by at least _many_ experienced players that the problem with HP is exactly they do quite the opposite as you said. They do NOT reflect the player "honourability" and they do NOT help newbies staying out of troubles.

So, sorry, don't mean to flame, just to say things as they are without enthusiasm nor rage.
    • I like the HP system.

i dont know how to play????

maybe

dont help newbies stay out of trouble? maybe with you guys (experienced users).

with me if wasnt this system, a couple of them would have been with no fleet and no resources.

so, i think that its helping them

i dont know how to play??? i am not a experienced user???

maybe

Your problem, "experienced users", is that, you like easy things, easy profit, easy targets. You all are the plague of ogame, bash "noobs" all day, every day, until they are inactive

But i am a GF fanboy, and an unexperienced user and i dont know how to play
    • I am a miner on this server, (well, bite me, I know you hate them. :P ) and yes, that auto fleet save and the enhanced noob protection range will save quite some newbies for now.

For example, if in the next upgrade bandits get 50% (not sure if always or only when they're defender) of their fleet in debris and you chose to wipe your 30k honor points because you get more debris back from your own fleet in fleet crashes, then some people's defenses will bleed. This is what I dislike most about the new system.
    • you like easy things, easy profit, easy targets

That's incorrect. What we like is lot of targets, and big profits. I'd rather be playing in an old\dead universe with 300 players than in a new universe where outside of top200 people are protected for a year, if that makes sense to you.

As in, give me a universe where everyone in top2k is a pro and it'll be most fun universe for me, ever.

I like universes where you can achieve great growth rate based on your skill level. Over here the cap is pretty low for everyone. I'm making ~10-12kk tops per day right now, would be some extra 3kk per day with working expeditions; but with old protection system it'd be 20kk a day at this point. However, an average player(that makes ~8kk\day here), would still be making 10-12kk per day even with old protection; the current situation lowers the difference between the good and the average. It still exists, but it's couple time times less of a difference. Makes it less fun to play.

I can't find any way period to reliably make those 20kk/day on a monthly basis(so no lucky hit week when you kill everyone you usually miss, happens sometimes, etc). There's mine growth, inactive growth; deut trating growth; could bring back expo growth; farm growth has been severely reduced; and headhunting was reduced even more, since there's no "no loss" crashes any more and less fleets in general.

This slows down gameplay, period. Do you know what happens when gameplay is slowed? Let me tell you.
      It doesn't happen here because it's test universe, but here's what would happen in a live one: one guy would find 10 support accounts that would sell him cheap deut/metal for crys, trade it to merchant and have double growth because of that. It's an ugly way to play that, with old protection, was worse than being very active and making large profits with fleets. I'm 100% sure it isn't the case anymore. If everyone is capped at ~12-5kk (expo's, inactives or farming, small fleets or big hits once in a while + mines) growth at 300k points in x2 universe, some extra 5kk/day from ~10 average deut supporters will be the dominating factor easily. Instead of having a nice old extra ~10+ kk/day from fleet alone at this point.
      The top level competition in real universe will become a race of who gets more cheap deut up to 1kk points, and everyone without that will be out of the fight, with slim chances of coming back half a year later, when there's plenty targets and it's skill that matters.
    • Aoueu, i like your way of thinking, only statistics and more things that change from universe to universe. its relative (i dont know the expression in english)

I dont have nothing against miners, only against players who are fleeters and change their way to play to miner.

I am a miner in almost every universe that i play and i am a fleeter year ?( . Because the point of a test server (especially with this new attack system) is test attacks, not test mines to prove to all the fleeters that mines are better, because there are lots of inactives, and all the resources is converted in mines.

in an normal uni there are so many inactives at the same time???? i dont think. so, your way of evolution is wrong because it wont work in a real uni, because there arent so many inactives.

but i dont have reason, because miners are winning the fight against me, i have no chance against top 15 economy ranking for now. You (aoueu, and smoczek) are farther and further from me, and maddog, id17 and others are aproaching from behind. so when i complete an objective, and make 250 destroyers i wont do anything other than mines
    • Well, even in old protection it was usually a case of not going over 30-35% of account in fleet until about 1.2kk points. That's because 30% of account from top3 player would be enough to crash 99% targets solo, and the rest 1% would be ACS targets(and most of them would be good, hard to reach players anyway so investing a lot into rare chance of crashing them wouldn't be very reliable...or profitable)

At this point, there'd be less inactives than in this universe, but not by far. Currently I'm only using a list of best inactives from a range of 3 planets only, and I have 8. Although these 3 planets are where best inactives are located, I could double-triple the target list by utilizing all planets if I wanted to (and I did not have two more uni's to care about besides this one). So there'd be enough to fill 10-12 slots, with 3 taken by expo's. All the bugged inactives from backup are gone by now, so we're left with just about ~20%(rough estimate) increase of inactives compared to usual, because people are quitting faster.

Problem is, in a real universe and based on my national server, there'd be 2 times less players than _even now, after everyone left_...last time I played, before 5k points barrier I could only target top80 there. Period. And with new settings it'd carry over for few months longer, untill 1:10 ratio, which would barely raise the bar to top300. Ah yeah, this example is from the relatively-popular x2 speed uni that opened April 2011.
      Hell, I have 3.5kk points over there at the moment, and I would only be able to target top300 in a 1:10 ratio. Luckily top300 is manageble when you have 9 gates, but I look at how much profit I make every day from people below top300 in that uni, and it saddens me imagining it dissapear it the next universe with protection.

So...inactives all the way for half a year even in a real uni, up to ~1kk, and moderate fleet usage up to 5kk points...for me, at least. :(

I'm not flying in this test universe because I've tried it for a week, and it sucked. Still have some 100 BC's\cruisers\rec's lying over from week-after-x8 :D Saw the profits go down, changed my ways :(
    • Ok aoueu. I understand you

We only have to hope that gameforge go back in some of their new rules and find a middle term. Ogame is bad with this new rules but it wasnt good enough with the old rules.

Aoueu, you just remind me one important thing. I am grateful for that. i wont say what because i would look a big noob.

i wont talk more here for now