Alliance manager - new option

• Alliance and Player Interaction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliance manager - new option

I have noticed and mentioned already in my recension, that the alliance (alli.) manager is place with only a little options to choose from.

I think, anybody would welcome new options and richer content of alli. manager. Therefore, i come with some ideas to improve this game part. As new element for game where any alli. leader can play with the rewarding of the member or just to see how far is the member in gameplay.

Possible options for Alliance manager part

1. New privileges option to see part of inner section, where one can put the informations about fleets, colony positions and other things which you can only show to someone you can trust in 100% (no newbie members)
      -OR-
      2. Option for alli. leaders to see automatically how much of every ships have each member in the alliance and where he has colonies.

3. Option for alli. leaders to penalize its members (through giving a mark on his name in inner section or marking the newbie member, who cheated into alli. only to get informations about them - this player can be marked as "s" spy, so anyone could be aware of him for time of one month)

4. Possibility of declaring wars within the alliance menu (This information should be vissible in the alliance page, and may be notify with automatic alliance messages (Alliance X has declared you WAR, it will start at XX:XX:XX; Your alliance has declared War to XX...) -DirdamLaer idea-

5. Beeing able of writing a goodbye message when you kick-out a member (you are out because you are inactive many days, or something like that) -DirdamLaer idea-

6. BBC editor for editing inner and outer area, with preview option

7. Option for alliance - to place own recruitment buoy with popup text (like: Alliance Xy is recruiting new members..) to the galaxy view aka new symbol icon (between icon of Moon and debris field icon).
      Can be attached to one member of that alliance (buoy symbol will be placed by each of his colony) or to alliance name (to each member planet of the alliance)

8. Aliance board - a place, where aliance member can read news/comments/motto of the day/and other stuff from other members.
      Of course, there should be aded a privilege to use the board within the ranks privileges.

9. Aliance spying network - inner section database, where after you fill-in specific player name, you will see his/hers planets within sight reach of your aliance member. Also anyone from ali. members, which will come to contact (galaxy view) with that player, will be used as updater of planet positions for selected player of interest. Sugestion based on galaxy tool.

10. Aliance memebership tax - there could be tax, based on transfer of specific amount of resources (metall/crystal/deuterium) to the founder of aliance or specific rank in aliance. IT can be misused, but in the other side can have a significant use potential.

11. Inner trade system within the aliance alias Aliance Auctioneer - Place where aliance members can trade their resources without asking Game Operator.

12. Aliance realtime chat system. This is a must, if a developer want to occupy player mind with something different as the game itsel (good marketing move for boring games). As it can be a significant slowdown for the game or security issue, existing systems can be used and platforme crossed with existing game interface. IRC for example implemented to the aliance menu with scripts like automatic creation of name and channel..

I will add more and more options, when the community will support this idea (i will add to this post each positive idea from anyone who will come with something good).
      Edit:
      10/10/11 added new idea (6)
      20/10/11 added new idea (7)
      13/04/12 added new ideas (8,9,10,11,12)
      -Ogame Recension-
      Ogame need a change!
      -Check my account for my ideas-

The post was edited 14 times, last by sirEdward ().

• 1. New privileges option to see part of inner section, where one can put the informations about fleets, colony positions and other things which you can only show to someone you can trust in 100% (no newbie members)
      -OR-
      2. Option for alli. leaders to see automatically how much of every ships have each member in the alliance and where he has colonies.
      I would really like such possibilities. :)

+1 definitely
    • I know my idea is hard to implement, but one thing that needs to be implement is the possibility of declaring wars within the alliance menu.

This would quit lots of work (in active universes) to Mods and Go's
      This information should be vissible in the alliance page, and may be notify with automatic alliance messages (Alliance X has declared you WAR, it will start at XX:XX:XX; Your alliance has declared War to XX...)

About the other options you mentioned... I think it's hard to implement the information about each one's fleet, with the location of those fleets. May be adding fleet rank and investigation rank in the alliance menu should do the job.
    • sirEdward wrote:

DirdamLaer: Why hard to implement ? :) All informations are in database .. Where are you, what are you doing, how many ships have you... just to connect it with alliance manager as query command
      Btw, do you like this idea ? ;)
      I can't imagine the way ogame should display this information; all the planets of each player, his fleet composition and where is each ship. One imperium view about each player in the alliance menu? That's a commander feature.

May be this can be done through galaxytool and a script that redirects you to the galaxytool page of each player; this way you can see all the coords, fleet, defense, buildings, etc, and notes about each player. This is already automatically updated by galaxytool.

I don't know if I like the feature you are proposing; it should be cool to have that information through ogame, but I don't know if it's too much information to share (where is your fleet!)
    • DirdamLaer: I mean, if you like the core idea of alliance manager expansion (exclude the content). About that, if you want to see where is my fleet or not, is just a example what is in database stored > therefore you can see it if you have the rights.
      For my self is more than sufficient to see how many ships my member has (only for knowledge if he/she is able to go with me into raid action).
      -Ogame Recension-
      Ogame need a change!
    • sirEdward wrote:

DirdamLaer: I mean, if you like the core idea of alliance manager expansion (exclude the content). About that, if you want to see where is my fleet or not, is just a example what is in database stored > therefore you can see it if you have the rights.
      For my self is more than sufficient to see how many ships my member has (only for knowledge if he/she is able to go with me into raid action).
      Yes, of course I like that idea.

Another idea: beeing able of writing a goodbye message when you kick-out a member (you are out because you are inactive many days, or something like that)
    • I like this kind of brainstorming ^

As alli. manager I need a lot of informations and it's difficult to obtain right now.
      We use our alli.forum to do that (power of the alli. with descriptions of the fleets for example) giving this information to all or only to specific players (it depends).

I think we must do real efforts of imagination to improve alli.status and alli.role IG in Ogame.

+1 of course :)

For the wars I think we should think about this retained suggestion :
      Rethinking war on OG

Le bonheur est souvent la seule chose qu'on puisse donner sans l'avoir,
      et c'est en le donnant qu'on l'acquiert ^ Voltaire.
    • Hi !
      I think the overall idea is good, an ally manager with more power and control on its organization sounds to be a logical evolution… It will motivate players to get more involved in their ally to gain more rights. At the moment, being an ally manager is not really rewarding (except the fact that you have the power).

Proposals 1 & 2 (see part of one member’s account / position / fleet) : I like, but this needs to be carefully analyzed… At first sight, I see nothing wrong about it : to become manager of an ally, you need to have everyone’s trust…
      Proposal 3 (penalizing/marking a member) : minor impact, why not !
      Proposal 4 (declaring war IG) : Good, and if I remember well, GF said the management of future wars will be done IG at some point, so this will come “naturally”.
      Proposal 5 : I never liked you, SirEdward, goodbye :D (good proposal too ^^)

The only thing I could add : I think it’s important that the manager can share some of its “new powers”, or have the flexibility to share one of the powers with another member (kind of “right-hand”).
      The ally menu could be more interactive that's a fact, there is definitly room for improvement there :)
    • NusaDua: As only points 1-3 are mine, the others i can only comment.
      1;2. Of course, there should be a future analyiss of it (game latency, game impact).
      3. :)
      4. Great :)
      5. Lol, something like that, but i liked that idea. Could be nice replacement for that auto message "User XY has had to leave this alliance"..
      What exactly do you mean with the sahre of the priviliges? There is already a option to be "right hand" of the leader (option to change the leader, option to manage the alliance).
      Yes i liked the idea, about more interactive look of the alliance manager menu...

marshen: omg marshen.. if you have something against me, write me a PM. I will erase your vote. Others will be ignored from my side, i'm will not spend my energy to your moods.
      >" i dont think that this helps."< keep this for yourself.

Explanation:
      Current popularity of this idea : vote for 4 ----- vote against 0
      This idea - means the core idea "Alliance manager - NEW OPTION" which tells all from the name. Others are only my or anyone else ideas, which could be implemented into this core idea (A start-up ideas for this discussion: ...)
      -Ogame Recension-
      Ogame need a change!