[List] Usability Fixes for OGame

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [List] Usability Fixes for OGame

List: Usability Fixes for OGame

Shortcut to message page
    Add a shortcut to the message page so it can be accessed from the galaxy.
    Suggestions were to add the shortcut to the galaxy button (image) or to the alliance button (image). Both buttons are still not used.

Shortcut to tech tree page
    Add a shortcut to the tech tree page so it can be accessed from everywhere without have to open a detail view of a technology. Suggestions are to add the shortcut to the research button (image). The button is not in use yet.

Remove/Change “onFocus” clear field
    Instead of clear the content of the field, just “selectAll” it. Would make it easier to send fleet just using the keyboard and the tab key.

Add ally name in combat reports
    Now in the combat report we can see the nicknames and the coordinates. Suggestion is to add their the names of the player's alliances too.

Apply button on alliance page
    If you're not currently in an alliance, you should have the ability to (when you're looking at an alliance page) apply to that alliance. There should be a button at the bottom or somewhere else saying "Apply".

Building wrench for the moon
    Add a construction wrench (icon) to the moon like there is for the planet now. Either add another wrench to the planet-wrench with a different color (eg. white) or display the wrench exactly like with the planet, next to the moon icon (sort of in the planet picture).

Change color of deconstruction icon
    Changing the color of the deconstruction icon to red wouldn’t cause any confusion with the construction icon.

BB-Code toolbar in message system
    Add a toolbar with all available bb-codes for the message system. Like on the OGame board. But no WYSIWYG-Editor!

Message subjects
    Change a few message subjects to be more clear.
    - Return of a fleet to [x:x:x] optional add the planet name too.
    - Reaching a planet [x:x:x] optional add the planet name too.

Message content “Fleet Command” – Return of a fleet
    Add the name of the first planet too, like in the “Reaching a planet” message.
    Your fleet is returning from planet name[9:354:9] to planet name [9:351:8].

Loads of javascript bugs
    There are still loads of javascript bugs which I can’t mention all.

Disclaimer: This is just a list I created myself. This list contains ideas of mine and others that just were in my mind while writing the list!
  • Some good ideas, but i don't like such "ideas-collections in one post". The problem is, that some good ideas maybe get lost in the numerous other ideas. Some (most?) of the ideas are already posted here, so you don't have to suggest it again. :)

Btw: Fixing bugs has nothing to do with suggestions. So it doesn't make sense to post things like "javascript bugs" here.

For the moment, just leave it as it is. I'll post a "real" answer later. Just want to mention the things above. :)
  • Toxicterror wrote:

Shortcut to message page
    Add a shortcut to the message page so it can be accessed from the galaxy.
    Suggestions were to add the shortcut to the galaxy button (image) or to the alliance button (image). Both buttons are still not used.
    See: Message Link in Galaxy View

Toxicterror wrote:

Shortcut to tech tree page
    Add a shortcut to the tech tree page so it can be accessed from everywhere without have to open a detail view of a technology. Suggestions are to add the shortcut to the research button (image). The button is not in use yet.
    Good idea. Is suggested in .de - can't find a tread in origin atm. :)

Toxicterror wrote:

Remove/Change “onFocus” clear field
    Instead of clear the content of the field, just “selectAll” it. Would make it easier to send fleet just using the keyboard and the tab key.
    I like the "clear all" function. But that's just my opinion. :)

Toxicterror wrote:

Add ally name in combat reports
    Now in the combat report we can see the nicknames and the coordinates. Suggestion is to add their the names of the player's alliances too.
    See: Add the ally names in the CR

Toxicterror wrote:

Apply button on alliance page
    If you're not currently in an alliance, you should have the ability to (when you're looking at an alliance page) apply to that alliance. There should be a button at the bottom or somewhere else saying "Apply".
    See: Apply Button On Alliance Page

Toxicterror wrote:

Building wrench for the moon
    Add a construction wrench (icon) to the moon like there is for the planet now. Either add another wrench to the planet-wrench with a different color (eg. white) or display the wrench exactly like with the planet, next to the moon icon (sort of in the planet picture).
    See: Notification about building on moon

Toxicterror wrote:

Change color of deconstruction icon
    Changing the color of the deconstruction icon to red wouldn’t cause any confusion with the construction icon.
    Change color of the wrench Icon? Good idea.

Toxicterror wrote:

BB-Code toolbar in message system
    Add a toolbar with all available bb-codes for the message system. Like on the OGame board. But no WYSIWYG-Editor!
    I don't like BBCodes in messages. I really dislike it, when people use a big text size or something.. Just IMHO. But the idea isn't bad. :)

Toxicterror wrote:

Message subjects
    Change a few message subjects to be more clear.
    - Return of a fleet to [x:x:x] optional add the planet name too.
    - Reaching a planet [x:x:x] optional add the planet name too.
    There are some suggestions to improve the messages. Maybe you can suggest it there.

Toxicterror wrote:

Message content “Fleet Command” – Return of a fleet
    Add the name of the first planet too, like in the “Reaching a planet” message.
    Your fleet is returning from planet name[9:354:9] to planet name [9:351:8].
    Same as above

Toxicterror wrote:

Loads of javascript bugs
    There are still loads of javascript bugs which I can’t mention all.
    As i wrote above: Bug fixes aren't suggestions. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my opinions, so let's wait for others. :)
  • Tech tree

HelpLess wrote:

there is no thread here on origin as far as i know...

clear all function

HelpLess wrote:

The selectAll version has a double plus effect :)
    No need to "clear" it as you just can start type and overwrite the old one (call it "delete on type" or whatever). A lot of people delete the selected content first, but basicly thats not neccessary :)
    And for those that want to keep the content (like me) dont have to retipe for example the system-box (coordinates) if they just want to change the position in the system.
    atm. i always have to retype the system assuming i just use the keyboard + tab key.

message bbcode

HelpLess wrote:

I don't like BBCodes in messages. I really dislike it, when people use a big text size or something.. Just IMHO. But the idea isn't bad. :)
    sorry my bad... didnt explain enough: i just meant some basic functions like there are now: b/i/u/color/url
    no need for others.... as i mentioned, there are there. but not many know of them.
    (and i think the url bbcode isnt working correctly^^)

and now: time for other board users' opinions ... :)
  • cant say anything more to be honest, everything is almost said by you and helpless :)
    but i should say that collecting them in one thread might get few of them lost or not looked at by mistake, so incase some of the ideas arent already available, i suggest you opena thread for each and make a discussion about it :)

Kamil,
  • Toxicterror wrote:

Tech tree

HelpLess wrote:

there is no thread here on origin as far as i know...

So go and open one. :-)

clear all function

HelpLess wrote:

The selectAll version has a double plus effect :)
    No need to "clear" it as you just can start type and overwrite the old one (call it "delete on type" or whatever). A lot of people delete the selected content first, but basicly thats not neccessary :)
    And for those that want to keep the content (like me) dont have to retipe for example the system-box (coordinates) if they just want to change the position in the system.
    atm. i always have to retype the system assuming i just use the keyboard + tab key.

You're right. Didn't thought about this.

message bbcode

HelpLess wrote:

sorry my bad... didnt explain enough: i just meant some basic functions like there are now: b/i/u/color/url
    no need for others.... as i mentioned, there are there. but not many know of them.
    (and i think the url bbcode isnt working correctly^^)

Size is also possible afair. So when bold, italic, etc. is displayed, size should also. All or nothing - IMHO. :-)