Ogame client for mobile devices

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ogame client for mobile devices

Hallo again! It has been some time, 'cause I had some password issues, and then forgot about this board :)

Anyway - I would like to discuss one idea: an Ogame client for mobile devices.

As most of us probably know, we have three leading mobile OSes - Android, iOS and WP7. We also have Symbian, which is dying, Bada, which is a closed system with rather big potential but small popularity, and RIM, which is a, so to speak, business system.

This leaves us with Android, iOS and WP7. Those three systems, with an emphasis on Android and iOS, are installed on a very huge amount of devices and I would dare a bet that the vast majority of Ogame players (and, in general, GF games players) own one of these. However, we (we as the Polish community) were always told that Ogame is a browser game and noone ever said that it will work on any mobile device. But world changes, new technologies arrive and we need to make use of it :) If banks go mobile, why wouldn't browser games do so? ;)

Now, you may argue that Ogame is accessible through apps like Opera mini or Opera mobile, Skyfire and others, that have full php support. That is true, of course, but our [irony]tremendous, beautiful and all necessary new design[/irony] has plenty of [sarcasm]hyper-important images that make it so good-looking, part of which actually perform a function of buttons[/sarcasm], and there for drains traffic limit pretty quickly and requires a lot of RAM/internal storage in our mobile devices. Also, the amount of scripts running with the game make quite a load for the CPU to handle, and there are hardly any mobile phones with processors comparable with PC ones. Galaxy S II is one of the rare exceptions, but look at the price ;)

So, Ogame is accessible through mobile phones (especially after disabling IP-check), but it's inconvenient. Wouldn't it be far better to have it tabbed in a nice app, with limited graphic outfit?

What's more, since GameForge is used to have an army of slaves (I'm referring to community teams, if anyone didn't get the joke) it could make use of XDA community. I'm sure there are some ogamers there, who would create such apps, for money or for their share from ads implemented in them.