OgDroid (Ogame client for Android)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New version available!

- Fixed minor bugs
      - Changed some details with the keyboard in the login screen
      - Added french translated parts
      - Galaxy view isn't finished yet but, at least, it doesn't make the app crash... XD

For those who want to know the changes live, to see the app evolution, to know when a new version is available, you can also follow me on Tweeter...
    • @marshen: The language is automatically selected by the phone, depending to the language of your phone... And if the language isn't in the app, default language is chosen: English

New version!
      Added partial Slovakian translation. Thanks to sirEdward!
    • "Menu/Update" is at the moment for updating account-data. But you've got a really good idea. I could implement something that would download the lastest version if younger than the actual... I'll think about it.

By the way, about the "Update" menu, it shouldn't work... As I integrated a framework inside the app, the web callings are now differents and I still don't have changed web callings in tis menu... XD
    • very good kricek ^^

I think that the guy who suggest you to implement an "update process" inside your application has 100% right. (very good suggestion).

Can you also add an "about" menu ? (near update and log out bouton for example ?)

In this page, you can insert the current version/release of your app to simplify future troubleshooting =p

Very good stuff again.
    • I think I'll post soon a version on the market, which will be easier for everyone: new versions will be automatically (if configurated) downloaded and installed.
      I just have to fix blocking bugs first, this "hide" what isn't finished or doesn't work properly yet... Then I may insert a "Donate" link, for those generous people... XD
      I also may ad some adds (I still have to check with Francolino for that...)
    • If this app become really usefull and most of the bugs are fixed, I'm ready to donate, of course. Unfortunately, not yet..

Some suggestions:

- "About" page. I really love to see version info, update button, developer info, (link to) version history
      - Please.. Make the app moveable to SD card. HTC Desire has got really, really small internal storage.. If I was a "normal" user, this is so important, that makes me decide whether I'll give the application a try, or not.

I've installed the newest version, by uninstalling the previous version first. Unfortunately, the app doesn't show anything in Dutch. Maybe you can make a menu on the login page, where you can select the language you want? This (dropdown) menu only have to pick the right .xml file for the selected language.
    • @potentiel00s:
      I saw the same with french, for me... After investigating, I realized that when you previously removed the app, the database wasn't removed because it was stocked on external storage.
      Moreover, much people had troubles with database last week end (including me). So I decided to move the database back to the internal storage. Now the database will be removed each time you remove the app, so, you should see some Dutch inside...

I'm posting the new version right now...

Edit :New version posted !
    • Thanks, this is much better.

Some things, like menu items, "resource settings", login screen still have to be translated.
      If you could post the .xml in the translation thread (or here, or e-mail), I will translate them :)

Please take a look at the suggestions in my previous post.
    • I'm working on your suggestions right now. I just wanted to correct the huge amount of crashes from last week end.. XD

About the other texts, I didn't post 'em yet because they are supposed to change until the end of te app. So, instead of posting an xml version, then change the version few days later, I thought I could post it at the end... What do you think?
    • Thanks for working on my suggestions :)

I underderstand why you didn't post the other to-translate texts. I understand that they are going to change in the (near) future.
      But, maybe you can post only the other Dutch texts? I don't really like to use an English-Dutch app, with some French textures in it, too. ;)

I feel ready to translate them, everytime you make an (important) update of the application, where you are changing the texts..
    • potentiel00s wrote:

Start thinking about Donate and ads if the app is running smoothly, without any bugs. Otherwise, these two aspects are useless. But I think you already knew this :)

Sure... That's why I didn't integrate it yet.

About the text, if I post an xml containing the texts, I will need to create a new xml each time one is translated... It will be too complicated, I think...
      I don't really know how to handle this.... So... At the moment... Let's wait... :)
    • marshen wrote:

1. no space on the display
      2. you have to check legals then
      3. it would annoy users

1- I may integrate it on the splash screen, for example
      2- Th'at's the point I have to discuss with Francolino
      3- Not blocking for users... And even non-generous users can contribute just by clicking on the ads... Otherwise, the add disapear after the splash.