Pinned you need a script, tools ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've had a vague idea for a while now. I haven't bothered looking if an existing tool does this so dunno if it's been done already...

I'd like a script that takes numbers formatted like the following (maybe it could just read off the clipboard) and automatically outputs properly-formatted numbers into the resource inputs on fleet3:

Source Code

1. 4,000,000 2,000,000 400,000

I get the numbers off a (currently private) cumulative cost tool my bro rigged together if you're curious.

Or for something more complex, have a script where you input the level of a building or research (say, nanite factory 3, or weapons tech 12), and it calculates the number of cargos needed to move the full cost of that tech, and it inputs the appropriate values on fleet1 and fleet3. Possibly it could even compensate for the fuel needed via coordinates input and fill in those fields on fleet2.

I use firefox 3.6, and have greasemonkey if it matters.
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • read off the clipboard with firefox, it's very difficult :/

but i have an idea
      you go to the resource page or technology page, and near prize of the building ( 16M 8M 1,6M ) , have a button to copy resource what is display

and after, when you go to fleet1, calculates automatic the number of cargos needed to move the full cost
      and fleet3 put resource needed
    • Well I'm not sure if I should post it here or not ^^ This may be public or not I don't know...
      Ok I don't have another place to post it ^^ so the idea is the following:

As you know for some translations, a lot of scripts & for other stuff the use of some technical words is important....
      I mean let's take an example: I have a script for fleeters that needs the name of every ship in oGame... I have this scripts in two, three languages but i need these technical words in order to make it available for more people.... same for translators a lot of people are using these technical words which are available ingame in their translations...
      I want to refer to the following thread :
      Translation table of ogame specific names, abbreviations and slang words
      ^^ this would make things easier... ^^

The script will work the same way as Infocompte: after installing it, you visit all the oGame pages ( of one planet it will be enough) the script will then save the name of each ships, buildings, defense... and finally after finishing them all you just push the button "Display" and then you have the report showings the english words and their equivalent in the other language...
      This script will be used by persons belonging to different communities and then they will provide the translations and especially the scripters with the translation of the most important (and required too) words in oGame...

Just to sum up: you install the scripts, visit all the pages of a planet in your ingame account then when you finished push any button to have the report showing the english words and their translation in the language.. normally this can be done a kind of easliy ^^

Greetings,

P.S: this may be used too in order to make the idea of having in the Owiki a tab with the abbreviations of oGame words more realisable (in an easier way).
    • The Truth wrote:

Well I'm not sure if I should post it here or not ^^ This may be public or not I don't know...
      Ok I don't have another place to post it ^^ so the idea is the following:

As you know for some translations, a lot of scripts & for other stuff the use of some technical words is important....
      I mean let's take an example: I have a script for fleeters that needs the name of every ship in oGame... I have this scripts in two, three languages but i need these technical words in order to make it available for more people.... same for translators a lot of people are using these technical words which are available ingame in their translations...
      I want to refer to the following thread :
      Translation table of ogame specific names, abbreviations and slang words
      ^^ this would make things easier... ^^

The script will work the same way as Infocompte: after installing it, you visit all the oGame pages ( of one planet it will be enough) the script will then save the name of each ships, buildings, defense... and finally after finishing them all you just push the button "Display" and then you have the report showings the english words and their equivalent in the other language...
      This script will be used by persons belonging to different communities and then they will provide the translations and especially the scripters with the translation of the most important (and required too) words in oGame...

Just to sum up: you install the scripts, visit all the pages of a planet in your ingame account then when you finished push any button to have the report showing the english words and their translation in the language.. normally this can be done a kind of easliy ^^

Greetings,

P.S: this may be used too in order to make the idea of having in the Owiki a tab with the abbreviations of oGame words more realisable (in an easier way).

Something like this is already done in the Galaxytoolbar v2.4 and above: I let the users read in the Techtree in order to get all names of buildings, ships, techs, etc. to be able to submit espionage reports and phalanx reports/own fleet movements without having to collect language files. This has also the advantage that you don't need a moon in order to get the moon buildings.

Besides I am able to create language files for the Galaxytool itself, but these are only for displaying the information and not for parsing espionage reports and all the other things mentioned above...

So it wouldn't be much effort for me to add a function for this...

EDIT: btw. I have accounts in all Ogame languages, so it would take me about 1h for collecting all language infos from all OGame languages (not in this time: the time for implementing the function that outputs the information properly ;) )
    • Héhé ^^ Omar Hawk thanks first for your reply... Well I think that I would probably be a fan of your tool (a future one :P)...
      If you can do it (collecting the techncal words for all oGame languages after of course implementing the required function ^^... ) This would be great and would help a lot the Origin community ;)
    • Great ..Gut ^^
      Thanks to both of you... Sorry I'm in a hurry right now but I'm gonna try your script Vulca...
      But as I have seen it doesn't save all the technical words ... But that can be a good starting point ^^..Maybe add the description too of each buildings...
      Omar Hawk, your tool is great ^^ .. if you can implement that function the GalaxyTool wlll be more complete ^^ and you would do a great favor for Origin =)
      Thanks again...

P.S: I try your script later Vulca and i'm gonna tell you what it is about (ce qu'il en est :/ ... ah faut que j'améliore mon anglais ^^)
    • ^^ not really xD... I need a script that can give automatically the translation of every technical oGame word xD (let's take Small Cargo => petit transporteur in french...)
      To avoid unnecessary effort and especially loss of time for scripter (that wants to make thier script available for all communities and translators too for FAQs, Tutos...) the script will generate automatically the list of technical words in englih (pattern) and their equivalent in the languages ...
      :)

Edit:
      I try it for the AE (arabic language)
      Edit by Valent | Removed Imageshack Ad

The problem is that i can't select the words (text) shown in window (pop-up ) That's a bit frustrating :evil: ?(
    • Hi i would love to have an Userscript wich is able to record my own OGameIDs.

Example:
      I start a fleet wich leads me to the "movement" page. There the script takes the ID fleet13254882 and the starttime of this specific fleet. Both informations are saved togheter (tupel).
      Samething for MessageIDs: MessageID and time when the message generated. Both packed as a tupel.

Then something like a give me my fleetIDs button/ section/ whatever.
      Output (table would be nice)
      Starttime ID
      13:33:37 468363
      11:11:11 462424

Same for Messages.

Hope you understand me :S
    • kwinse wrote:

Or for something more complex, have a script where you input the level of a building or research (say, nanite factory 3, or weapons tech 12), and it calculates the number of cargos needed to move the full cost of that tech, and it inputs the appropriate values on fleet1 and fleet3. Possibly it could even compensate for the fuel needed via coordinates input and fill in those fields on fleet2.

board.origin.ogame.de/board6-o…-redesign-easy-transport/ ^^