Enemy fleet cargo scanner.

• Usability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Blackmass wrote:

The Idea is simple activate the enemy cargo scanner so when lanxing an enemy fleet we can see the goodies inside.
      to be able to make sure if the target is a profitable hit
      I disagree for my part. It was not implemented from the start, because it would make phalanx way too overpowered & It does not really make sense technologically speaking.
      That said, maybe another type of espionage could permit to retrieve cargo manifests (hacking, ...); one that would notify targeted player though (if associated techno level is high enough)

Blackmass wrote:

[...]add an api key to the lanx tab when it's open.
      Great idea !! an API key and/or a pop-up report per fleet would be awesome
    • The first part can easly be adjusted to work with esp tech. @StackOverflow so who ever esp tech is higher can see an enemies cargo. and I will clear that up the lanx would see this

200sc.
      200lc
      50crsrs
      45 bs
      1rip
      current resources 3kk Note no specifics are given as to what resources are on board just the amount based of the mass of the ship(s) compared buy empty scans of cargos and various other ship types from the lanx data base.

Thank you @Guritchi We can Really use a API key icon in the lanx window ( but again we would still need to probe the planet to get the players techs.
    • @Blackmass
      You want to withdraw under lanx tactical move such as take "infinity" amount of cargos and send them in 10 different slots to 10 different planets, take resources only in one of fleets and leave to attacker to think where is your recurses.

In another words your suggestion is: buy fleet, moon, lanx and kill exactly who you need to kill.
      What next? New battle mechanism with sending to your target a ingame wallet attack: "I paid 100$ to wipe your fleet and take your resources. You want pay more to protected yourself from my wallet attack?"
    • Blackmass wrote:

The Idea is simple activate the enemy cargo scanner so when lanxing an enemy fleet we can see the goodies inside.
      to be able to make sure if the target is a profitable hit or not
      absuletely NO.
      You have to study your target if you want to be sure to know if there are resources inside cargo or how many. Not that you want to do with 0 heavy. So this is n-th time I read a proposal to work less, to avoid having to use my head.
      Why I never see proposals to make the game more difficult and strategic (apart from those that focus on dark matter)?

• TGWo wrote:

[...] Why I never see proposals to make the game more difficult and strategic (apart from those that focus on dark matter)?

As I commented earlier, I disagree with current suggestion as phalanx is already very powerful. But I disagree also with your comment : there are a lot proposals to extend the strategy of the game & reduce useless loss of time.

Difficulty and Strategy are two very different things. There is strategy and planning in Ogame; but no overwhelming difficulty: it is mostly about the time you spent in the game & the frequency of your connections (to defend or observe other players' behaviour).
      A universe difficulty comes from the experience & implications of other players (and sadly sometimes their wallet)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guritchi ().

• TGWo wrote:

Blackmass wrote:

to be able to make sure if the target is a profitable hit or not
      absuletely NO.You have to study your target if you want to be sure to know if there are resources inside cargo or how many. Not that you want to do with 0 heavy. So this is n-th time I read a proposal to work less, to avoid having to use my head.
      Why I never see proposals to make the game more difficult and strategic (apart from those that focus on dark matter)?
      As I stated if you see resources it would be the total amount not each resource one, two , this is possible in the very description of the phalanx . as well as My self an other very experienced players. have hit fleets with no resources yet have studied the target for months weeks years. so again if the targeted players esp. is higher you don't see resources if your'e esp is higher you see total amount not each resource.
      And I Quote (obtained, the supercomputer compares changes in the spectrum, gas composition, and radiation emissions, to a base line chart of known changes of the spectrum created by various ship movements.The resulting data then displays activity of any fleet within the range of the phalanx. ) as well as any advanced civilization that can use a phalanx would be a complete group of nit wits for not having tested it on their own ships before hand in every type of scenerio ,
      this mean when a cargo has resources on it it turns slower and can be detected 2, uses higher engine out put to move resources detectable buy the gas emitions on phalanx. 3, since the abiltiy to see total resource on an enemy fleet would be based off of tech to tech levels of esp. as well as being able to see resources in friendly transports < same thing as hostile not your ships. yet you can see whats inside. ) this really does not over power the lanx at all. it rounds it out to full balance for all players who use them to full effect as well as add's a deminsion to the over all strategy of the game because you have to hide you're resources. same concept as fleet save ) or if it sits it gets hit. ) ( true it might be a pain to have to send out 6 to 12 misdirect fleets with partial resources in them but if you are fs.ing moon to moon then no problem that can't be lanxed anyway.
      no different than one clik probing and harvesting from moons with out commander, that suggestion some said would over power a moon but yet it did not. so,

Now the second part the API key in the lanx tab.
    • Blackmass wrote:

Quote: "the supercomputer compares changes in the spectrum, gas composition, and radiation emissions, to a base line chart of known changes of the spectrum created by various ship movements.The resulting data then displays activity of any fleet within the range of the phalanx"
      My space physics is a bit off.. I am not sure if it's possible in space to retrieve a ship mass from acceleration or only ejected mass.

Anyway with only overall resource points, your idea could work; but personally I am still opposed to it because phalanx does not notify scanned players (and you don't always need to spy for techno, or you can do it way before)

Blackmass wrote:

Now the second part the API key in the lanx tab.
      I suggest you create another thread for this, because here it will likely never be seen by GF devs
    • True on that last quote Guritchi

and since the out gasing can be measured as an anomalous gas buy the phalanx can determine the weight or amount of over all thrust being used to calculate the over all mass of the craft. true with hst expanding cargo space this could be the hot topic part of it. how ever the over all mass of the ship will increase since hst only increase space and does not decrease the total mass of a ship.