Pinned Discussion about merging universes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• English Version of Info posted in ES Board by Chemita
      Dear Community:

Unifusion is too close and we have received new information.
      Maybe today one german universe will be updated to 2.0 version (this version includes the unifusion feature). If everything is fine, the rest of OGame.de universes will be updated next week.

This new version will be not "real"; it is only a prototype where users could perform a kind of "copy/paste" of their accounts on an empty universe in order to check that everything works fine. The process will be the same that in the real Unifusion, but, in fact, user account only will be copied (not moved) to test possible bugs and to avoid original user account damages.
      This univese will be temporary and for that reason, the Officials and Commander pay system will remain desactivated.

It is still unknown when this process will start in other countries, but it is EXPECTED that, if everything is right with this prototype, it will be implemented in few weeks.
    • Quote from Lynbo (OGamr.Org BA)... posted few minuts ago on ORG Board:

Lynbo wrote:

Merging of the Universes - Update on Progress

I don't know how many of you already watch the facebook OGame site. Today you will have noticed this message from OGame:

Today we start to update OGame.de onto version 2.0 and prepare a test server for the "merge of universes". At first we will test the merge in germay. More info about it will follow in your respective forum!

This is begining with an initial test phase which will involve copying accounts into a new universe of an empty server in .de only.

Google Translated version of the announcement at .de:

Dear Community,

today we will begin final preparations for the test run of our "merger of universes." We will now first update universe 6 on the new version 2.0. In this respect there, everything goes according to plan the rest of the universe follow next week.

Our test will now take place in a somewhat modified form on a test server. We are first to the players of the universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34 the opportunity to offer their account to an empty test server copy. The account in his own universe is not lost, you have only the chance to try the fusion of a copy of his account. A little later, the players of the universes 32, 35, 36, 37 & 38 in the world for your account now to copy something filled universe and therefore participate in our functional test.

Our test run will begin in the coming week, then follow then of course further information about the exact procedure. Basically, the test server, however, have a limited life and the acquisition of dark matter will be disabled. Moreover, no registrations for this test server is possible.

The universes are concerned, however, also have an impact on their origin have universe. There it is in the course of "Exodus" phase 2 am to 19h a day pass from an attack lock, also are active fleets called back to 2am. This is also true of the subsequent fusion and is unfortunately necessary to protect the accounts. For this reason, we will consider this phase of course, as short as possible.

This system is to us as a whole can offer the merger to test as realistic as possible and to find last error or eliminate. The players concerned universes have the opportunity to participate in our functional test must do so not. The account has copied to the actual account any additional effects. In the test universe, you can do with words what you want.
    • cristuning84 wrote:

why does the new version is the 2.0? I mean, why not a 1.5.11 but a 2.0?
      did the GF change everything?

does anyone know the changelog of 2.0?
      When there's a big change or project they increase the first number, for small changes and bug-fixes the second number will change.
      version 0.xx was classic ogame
      version 1.xx was RD
      version 2.xx is Merging of universes

so only real change to take note of is that now merging of universes is now possible with this version :)
    • Dear Community,

today we will start with the last arrangements for the test run "Fusion of the Universes". In doing so we will firstly update universe 6 (.de) to the new version 2.0. If it succeeds, the rest of the universes will follow next week.

Our test run will take place on a test server as a little modified mode. At first, thereby we will give the players of the universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34 (all .de) the opportunity to copy their account on an empty test server. Thus, the account on the own universe does not disappear, you only have the chance to test the fusion by copying the account. Latish, the players of the universes 32, 35, 36, 37 & 38 (all .de) will have the chance to copy their account to the sightly filled universe and so to participate in the operating test.

Our test run will start in the course of the coming week, there more information about the procedure will come, of course. But basically, the test server will be limited in time and the acquisition of DM will be disabled. Furthermore registrations on the test server will not be possible.

But the test will have impacts on the accordant universes. There each day from 2 am till 7 pm an attacking ban will be declared in course of the "exodus-phase" , besides active fleets will be recalled at 2 am. That is a part of the later real fusion, which is unfortunately important to protect the accounts. Because of that we will skimp that phase, of course.

That system should give us the opportunity to test the fusion preferably realistic and find last errors, resp. to debug. The players of the concerned universes have the chance to participate in the operating test, but they do not have to. The copied account does not have any influences on the virtual account. So in the test universe you can do with it anything you want.

Best regards,
      Your OGame.de - Team
    • Kebab wrote:

version 1.xx was RD

Kebab wrote:

cristuning84 wrote:

why does the new version is the 2.0? I mean, why not a 1.5.11 but a 2.0?
      did the GF change everything?

does anyone know the changelog of 2.0?
      When there's a big change or project they increase the first number, for small changes and bug-fixes the second number will change.
      version 1.xx was RD

so only real change to take note of is that now merging of universes is now possible with this version :)

Thank you very much for your answer.
    • Our test run will take place on a test server as a little modified mode. At first, thereby we will give the players of the universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34 (all .de) the opportunity to copy their account on an empty test server.

Is that true? Is that real? I cannot believe it! At least GF did realize that this is the only viable solution for unifusion. Better later than never... Do you know what? I'm happy!
    • kendiraton wrote:

Our test run will take place on a test server as a little modified mode. At first, thereby we will give the players of the universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34 (all .de) the opportunity to copy their account on an empty test server.

Is that true? Is that real? I cannot believe it! At least GF did realize that this is the only viable solution for unifusion. Better later than never... Do you know what? I'm happy!
      When is read in context, says just that the test is carried out in a Empty TEST Server. Nowhere does it say that in this way will be implemented.
    • Correct.

Only this test will work with an empty test server.

German comment from WeTeHa

To simulate the fusion into a "active" universe the user from universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34 get the chance to COPY their account onto this test server before the main test with fusion starts.

Edit : Link corrected after comment :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by SlowMotion ().

• If this is the way the test is done, that's bullshit!
      You test something which is far from the reality. Don't be surprised if you have plenty of bugs or complains from the users when it is implemented for real.

PS. The link German comment from WeTeHa is wrong... BTW, since I don't understand german, it's not a real problem :P

PS. Even when registering to Ogame.de board, I cannot post, since I don't have the correct rights... Is that because I'm against the way unifusion is managed that I am banned? The policy of GF is that everybody must agree with their shit, right? It's not my way of thinking, sorry!
    • IMHO :

The empty test server is used to prevent restoring a complete backup of the normal universes if an error is found.

To be as near on the reality as possible they copy several account from universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34.
      This will represent the "normal" target universe.

Some days later some account from universe 32, 35, 36, 37 & 38 can use the "normal" fusion mechanism, except that the original accounts are not deleted.

So the fusion is tested on an test server.

Big advantage : In case of an error, just reset the test server and start again. No normal account is at risk.
    • SlowMotion wrote:

IMHO :

The empty test server is used to prevent restoring a complete backup of the normal universes if an error is found.

To be as near on the reality as possible they copy several account from universes 6, 30, 31, 33 & 34.
      This will represent the "normal" target universe.

Some days later some account from universe 32, 35, 36, 37 & 38 can use the "normal" fusion mechanism, except that the original accounts are not deleted.

So the fusion is tested on an test server.

Big advantage : In case of an error, just reset the test server and start again. No normal account is at risk.
      You haven't understood anything... You are going to a wall, and stick on the acceleration pedal... Please, use your brain to use the brake pedal...
    • kendiraton, such postings and such language simply won't be tolerated here.
      This is a project aimed to help OGame to improve for the players, and no one here should have to tolerate being talked to in a such way, be they part of our team or a normal user.

If you continue in this manner then you will be removed from this project/board.
    • Kebab,

I will be very happy if you ban me from this board. It will show to the entire community that you don't listen to some players who like this game.
      If you only want to have posts like "Yes, GF is the best", "they are working well", "there are no bugs at all", and so on, don't count on me!

Unifusion, in particular, is managed as... actually is not managed at all. As long as you don't understand that unifusion is only viable if the target universe is an empty one, you are wrong. If telling this evidence is something to be banned, then ban me. I will be happy! It will demonstrate that you are completely deaf (dumb?), etc... Please listen to players from other communities as the german one...

BTW, I don't know why you are complaining on my language. There is no insult, no vulgarity, only some words against what is currently done... Does that mean that you cannot post if you don't agree with you? Too bad. I'm very disappointed!

++

kendiraton
    • kendiraton wrote:

There is no insult, no vulgarity, only some words against what is currently done.

There is no insult ? I don't know what does "insult" mean for you - We won't see here sentences as in your postings. Please, you can submit here anything (also complains about GF) in factual words - but DONT use such words against other people, no matter if you like their opinion or not. And in general, this is a working board - i am not interested to need moderators here to "manage" such postings like yours !

Regards, Francolino
    • Francolino, do you want some insults? I can if you really want that...
      I don't want to play that kind of game with you.

I only want to say that you are wrong (i.e. not merging universes into an empty one). Is that an insult? I don't think so.

Now, ban me for telling you the truth! You will show that you don't care about our FR community!

That's all for today! But I will be here tomorrow, for sure!

++

kendiraton
    • Kendiraton, someday you may understand that with the way you express yourself here, the people only think "Oh no, Mister Whining is back again" and probably don't give a sh*t about your posts, because you keep complaining and being agressive. For once, be respectful and your posts may be considered useful. benneb explained it simply and without whining, is it that hard ?

On a lot of .fr servers, the G1 is effectively full of inactive players with DM or vacation mode people, and a lot of people think that it will cause a big problem when the unifusion will happen, because of a quick lack of space.
    • I do not deny that I do not stand to wait anymore!
      Just what I'm seeing progress, even if slower, more are happening!
      We all want a better game here, no shadow of doubt...
      since then because we would be wasting our time here now is not in search of a better game for everyone?
      Some discussions going on here have also undergone changes,
      and there is no sense to continue with this here because the topic is about unifusion brigs and not between anyone.
      Let's stay calm and respect for others, we are adults and not children who simply do not expect your little game get warm at the shops so he could buy.

PS. Sorry my English, I'm using an online translator!

Board Admin & Representative OGame Brazil