Pinned Discussion about merging universes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Francolino wrote:

OGame is soon one of the first games, which has a really good solution to solve the main problem of most of the games - Decreasing number of users.
      I hope so too ^^

Just a few remarks :
      GF told us :
      Once a day during the Exodus-Phase, players that have made a choice will be copied to the Target-Uni.
      http://board.origin.ogame.de/board3-news/board58-ogame-news/1135-details-about-unifusion/
      That means the fusions can be made every day and become effective for a player every day.

but it's different now :
      merge (just once)
      So unifusion will be made one precise day, at a precise moment.

Does-it mean that we will not be able to play during the rest of the period (max : 3 weeks) when we will have chosed our target-uni ?

And in this case, what about the schema : "first come, first serve" for players as for alliances ?

Le bonheur est souvent la seule chose qu'on puisse donner sans l'avoir,
      et c'est en le donnant qu'on l'acquiert ^ Voltaire.
    • asterix2 wrote:

So unifusion will be made one precise day, at a precise moment.

Does-it mean that we will not be able to play during the rest of the period (max : 3 weeks) when we will have chosed our target-uni ?

The actual news from Germany *klick* tell us the following:

From 25.07.11 to 15.08.11 the exodus universes can choose a target universe

buying DM is disabled for this time in the exodus universes

no registrations are possible in exodus and target universes in this time

On 16.08.11 all accounts in the exodus universes are put to vacation mode 1 hour before fusion occurs.
      After that fusion is done in a single run.

The top 100 of the exodus universes are saved and populated as a reminder of the old times

On 17.08.11 registration for the target universes is reenabled

On 23.08.11 the exodus universes are deleted

Between 24.08.-26.08.11 the DM of the remaining accounts is send to the owners by mail

So you will be able to play until the day the fusion is done.
    • Francolino wrote:

Yes, you see the choosen target universe from all your alliance member - or "no choice" of course ;-). And you can change the selection as much as you want.
      Very interesting once more ^^

And for the other ones : enemies, friends, everyone else, who has already choosen their target-uni ?

• So it will be the GREAT SURPRISE (except the players already in the target-unis) when arriving in a target-uni !

I'm thinking of the top-alliances who could not choose their target-uni depending of the choice of the other ones.
      I regret this method but this is the GF's choice.
      To avoid this fact, I think it would be very important to talk with other players of other exodus-unis before unifusions. National boards would be important places to do that.

And a question more please :

If I understand well, an alliance will be moved to a target-uni with all its members who have chosen this target-uni.
      Question : will be automatically the new founder of the alliance the old-one ?

• asterix2 wrote:

So it will be the GREAT SURPRISE (except the players already in the target-unis) when arriving in a target-uni !

I'm thinking of the top-alliances who could not choose their target-uni depending of the choice of the other ones.
      I regret this method but this is the GF's choice.

I dont know what you want to say with this.
      Each player decides by his own.
      If the ally-name is already in use in target universe the players can anyway change to the universe and form a new alliance. (Possibly the alliance is also copied, with an adapted name)

asterix2 wrote:

To avoid this fact, I think it would be very important to talk with other players of other exodus-unis before unifusions. National boards would be important places to do that.

And a question more please :

If I understand well, an alliance will be moved to a target-uni with all its members who have chosen this target-uni.

Wrong.

Each member decides by his own.

You can only see, how the others have been choosen.

asterix2 wrote:

Question : will be automatically the new founder of the alliance the old-one ?

If the "old" funder is merged as first, I suppose yes, but I am not 100% sure.
    • SlowMotion, I know it's a own choice for every player but in a Top-alliance strategy is very important !

My concern is not to know if the players of my alliance will follow me (no problem with that), but to know, for example, if our enemies will follow us or not.
      It's important too to know what top-alliances in the other exodus-unis will do.

With the method described before by the GF (unifusion every day for every player who decides to move) we could imagine strategy, but with the new method it's impossible to do.

Other thing :

What is it about the concept "first come, first served" ?
      because we move all together !
      Is there a sort according the date of the target-uni choice ?

Thanks to give me an answer.

• @asterix2 : Sorry :)
      I thought you had missunderstood something :)

But if your "loved" enemy will follow you, you know already some of hteir timing.
      If they dont follow you "can" search another enemy :)

If a big (strong) ally from another universe merge into your target universe, you can take them as new enemy :)

Till today there was also the possibility, that your "loved" enemy-alliance decide to leave the game together. So you would have to search for a new enemy also :)
    • ^^ SlowMotion

In a top-alliance, there are also top-players and it's annoying not to have the possibility to do a choice knowingly ("en connaissance de cause").

Nevertheless we are very pleased to see the unifusion happen :)

• One question: from the 78 + A-L univberses currently present in .de, how many will remais. Which ones will be exodus-unis, which ones will be target unis, how exactly will that work? How about special universes?

If I understood it well, anyone playing in an exodus universe in .de right now has a choice ingame to determine where to does he want his acc to be "transfered" into from within the target universes. But what if 2 different players using same nick in differnt universes chose same target universe? Or what if both have same coords somewhere and chose the same target universe?

I don't play in .de, but as the fusion (or merge or as you may call it) is coming to all comms (as far as I know) I'd like to get to know a little more of the process.
      Good thing GF will merge universes though, desertification was one of the biggest if not the biggest problem in ogame.

EDIT: NOOB... just read the Q&A and almost all my questions were answered there... sorry :P
    • asterix2,
      I cant really understand your concerns. If you play in a TOP alliance in old universe you certainly have some connections with players from other alliances and it's quite easy to follow each other during uni fusion. Open thread in national board, discuss with people where they plan to go, its very easy ;)
    • Taro wrote:

asterix2,
      I cant really understand your concerns. If you play in a TOP alliance in old universe you certainly have some connections with players from other alliances and it's quite easy to follow each other during uni fusion. Open thread in national board, discuss with people where they plan to go, its very easy ;)
      Yes, it's very easy to do in our present uni (except with our alliances-enemies) even not using the board but knowing where alliances of other exodus-unis will go is not so easy ...

Please I have no answer to that question :

What is it about the concept "first come, first served" because we move all together ?
      Is there a priority according to the date of the choice of the target-uni ? or not ?

Thank you

• asterix2 wrote:

What is it about the concept "first come, first served" because we move all together ?
      Is there a priority according to the date of the choice of the target-uni ? or not ?

"First come, first served" means :
      - The player who selected first a target universe, gets the free position closest to his old position (or the same)
      - So, yes there is a priority.

spa856 wrote:

When in an exodus uni the players (top crasher) can destroy their fleet against?
      This for close the old uni with the fireworks.

As i know, not. But something to forward to the GF .