Lobby login system with this two factor authentication

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lobby login system with this two factor authentication

Please, make changes to the ogame.gameforge.com login system.

1. To log in to ogame.gameforge.com, you just need to know your email address and password.
      2. Turn on 2-Step Verification. When we need to make sure it’s you signing in, we’ll send a 6-digit code to your phone. You can choose to get your code in a text message (SMS) or through a voice call. Then, you just enter the code on the screen where you’re signing in to help prove it’s you.
      3. Blocking the ability to register and log in to ogame.gameforge.com via TOR or proxy servers ensuring anonymity.
      4. This will not only increase security, but will eliminate most users who have more than one account on a given server.
    • Ic4ro wrote:

I don't think it's an acceptable option.Many people play different devices throughout the day, for example I change from the PC at home to the cell phone, to the work PC, and to the cell phone again.It would be very tedious to have to request a code so many times a day.
      That’s not actually a problem for an authenticator. As it will only be requested for new devices ;)
    • Ic4ro wrote:

same as mobile version?
      Yes.

Aonikenk wrote:

Bad, bad idea, I give more value to my privacy than a (not so) free game then I don't want to share my phone number to any enterprise to make more profit from my data
      If anything of this kind is implemented I sure quit to play

I have more problems from players DMing all in the game than from the bots who I can farm too
      If you value privacy, in games you use a another phone number.
    • We already asked the 2FA/MFA, not only the way you described it, but also with an Authenticatorapp. They said no.
      For the TOR thingy: The TOR IPs are changing to often, they would need to programm something that fetches all Exit-Nodes daily, too much work for too little of a "profit". If you play via TOR or VPN, thats the easiest ban ever, there GOs don't even need to proof that you are playing multiple accounts, as hiding your IP is against the T&Cs.

Origin Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief