Both being inactive and staying in vocation mode costs dark matter

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Both being inactive and staying in vocation mode costs dark matter

Problem:
      I am playing in Universe 1, and there are a lot of inactive players on vocation. Since they have purchased dark matter in their stock, their accounts are never deleted and they stay there forever. This fills up the entire universe with a lot of unused garbage accounts.

My suggestion:
      If a player is on vocation and his account is inactive for more than 28 days (indicated with capital "I" in the galaxy view), the account starts to lose its dark matter. When the all dark matter is completely drained, 7 more days is given for the account. If the player doesn't log during this period, the account is deleted.

The speed of losing dark matter:
      I suggest the speed of losing dark matter increases with the time spent being inactive.
      Between 29th and 58th days of inactivity: The player loses 10 dark matter each day.
      Between 59th and 88th days of inactivity: The player loses 20 dark matter each day.
      Between 89th and 118th days of inactivity: The player loses 30 dark matter each day.
      Between (29 + 30n)th and (29 + 30n + 29)th days of inactivity: The player loses 10(n+1) dark matters each day. (n = 0, 1, 2, 3, ...)
      If the user has stayed inactive for M months (each month is 30 days - the first 28 days of inactivity is no included), he will have lost 150M(M-1) dark matters. One year (360 days) of inactivity will cost approximately 20000 dark matters. The rate of losing dark matter may be increased, but it shouldn't be any less than this.

Benefits:
      1) The server will slowly get rid of its abandoned accounts.
      2) The users who really want to keep keep their account running will have to purchase dark matter regularly.
    • And how does this really benefit anyone?

Instead of accounts in vmode you now have empty spaces which are not in short supply, not more players.
      The universe over all looks emptier, and less appealing.
      Valuable farms disappear, making it harder for players to gain resources.
      People who might have come back now definitely will not.
      In part because they have been robbed of what they spent money on, to no purpose.

Who benefits?
    • Reticent wrote:

Instead of accounts in vmode you now have empty spaces which are not in short supply, not more players.
      Empty space is better than space allocated by inactives forever.

The universe over all looks emptier, and less appealing.
      Does it look more appealing when a universe is full of never returning inactives?

Valuable farms disappear, making it harder for players to gain resources.
      I didn't know we can farm the vocation mode players. Sorry.

People who might have come back now definitely will not.
      Most of them are inactive for several years and still we expect them to return.

In part because they have been robbed of what they spent money on, to no purpose.
      They rob the "game space" for no purpose. Why do we allow it?

Who benefits?
      Active players benefit. We give more allocation options to possible new players. We give more allocation options to new colonies of the active players. We eliminate some never-returning old and strong players, so the universe looks younger.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Salih ().

• Speaking as someone who just came back from more than a year in vmode, I have to disagree.

I find it more appealing to see things as I click through the galaxies, rather than long stretches of nothing. I've gone through both and would much rather see the occasional inactive, as empty system after empty system makes the game feel, well, empty.

No universe is running out of space anytime soon. People paid for privileges and maintaining their account is one of them.

Let's face it, this is not a game that needs to be running people off, no matter how unlikely it may seem that they might come back.

Perhaps we could come up with ideas that might bring in new players rather than closing the door on old ones.