New item: Moon Shield (A solution to Moon Destruction)

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New item: Moon Shield (A solution to Moon Destruction)

My proposal is the following. Create a new item. The Moon Shield.

This item should have the purpose of defending a moon (lowering the % of success during Moon destructions or simply blocking them) from any moon destruction attack for a certain amount of time:

Bronze 30 min, Silver 2 hours, Gold 6 hours. (This are just random times they could be adjusted)

This item can only be obtained in two ways:

-Buying it with Dark Matter.

-As a reward for staying out of V-Mode a certain amount of time.

For example 2 days without V-Mode: Bronze Shield, 4 days without V-Mode: Silver Shield, 7 days without V-Mode: Gold Shield.
      (These are just random times they could be adjusted)

There are many variables to consider:
      Maybe the Shield can be viewed by spy reports...maybe not.
      How many hours can the Shield be stacked? 8 hours max? unlimited?
      Can the item be sold on auctions?

Many people thing that Moon Destruction and V-Mode fleeters are closely linked. This post was inspired by the following thread:

The V-Mode

Feel free to add your suggestions.

P.S. I know I will receive a lot of negative feedback for being able to buy the item via Dark Matter, but remember if there is not profit for GameForge I doubt they would be interested on creating the item.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trade Moonshot ().

• What about defenses?
      I thought that was more than enough to protect a moon, especially if it’s > 8.800km

From one side I like the fact of encourage being out of vm.
      But then it makes really hard to drop moons and more rips would be needed.

The way I see this viable is to avoid big “whales” players throwing rips to every moon without even knowing where the fleet is
    • Charlie wrote:

What about defenses?
      I thought that was more than enough to protect a moon, especially if it’s > 8.800km

The way I see this viable is to avoid big “whales” players throwing rips to every moon without even knowing where the fleet is
      With relocation a moon can be taken down in less than 8 hours, 1-2 hours in speed unis.
      IPM defenses, send RIPS, boom.
      This is the complain I see from people during late game, specially old accounts with big fleets their dilemma is to either V-Mode or not sleep.

I agree that there is a need to balance the item, perhaps max stack of 8 hours per day?
    • Trade Moonshot wrote:

Charlie wrote:

What about defenses?

With relocation a moon can be taken down in less than 8 hours, 1-2 hours in speed unis.IPM defenses, send RIPS, boom.
      This is the complain I see from people during late game, specially old accounts with big fleets their dilemma is to either V-Mode or not sleep.

I agree that there is a need to balance the item, perhaps max stack of 8 hours per day?
      Ehm... with relocation RIPS do also flight and take their time to travel. (It's true that is faster universes could take little hours)
      I think you mean having a high level Nanite Factory and create rips pretty fast for normal/medium universes. Still, to take down a moon depends on the size of it and the Rip count. And if it have defenses... you also need to keep that in mind.

I would like to know more about the reason of your proposal. From my point of view, I have played in x1, x2 and x3 universes. And I think it's part of the strategy of the game, if you want a 'speedy' universe, keep in mind that moons can also go down faster as well as attacks are also faster.

Just as a reference:

Rip Count1
      Moon Size8500km
      Rips will be destroyed46.1%
      Chance of Moon Destruction7.8%

Rip Count1
      Moon Size8600km
      Rips will be destroyed46.37%
      Chance of Moon Destruction7.26%

Rip Count1
      Moon Size8700km
      Rips will be destroyed46.64%
      Chance of Moon Destruction6.73%

Rip Count1
      Moon Size8800km
      Rips will be destroyed46.9%
      Chance of Moon Destruction6.19%

Rip Count1
      Moon Size8900km
      Rips will be destroyed47.17%
      Chance of Moon Destruction5.66%

The chance to destroy the moon is: (100-sqrt(moonsize))*sqrt(number of deathstars)

The chance, that the deathstar is destroyed is: (sqrt(Moonsize))/2