Change punishments for rule breaking

• Fleet, Defense and Combats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Change punishments for rule breaking

OK - A bit unsure whether this belongs here or at "General". My proposal is "General" of nature, but my example regards illegal GB hits and thus belongs to "Combat".

Well. We just had a situation in a universe that is already close to dead. The #1 player and another was banned (GO can't say why, but given the circumstances it is rather obvious that it's due to illegal GB hit).

I understand peoples outrage about players (especially #1) breaking the rules and gain loads and loads of resources in a problematic way. And I understand the need for punishment, but excluding the player from the game permanently only decreases the activity further, so I suggest that the rules are changed in order to have the "punishment" reflect the "rule break".

In this situation where one or more fleets were engaged in an illegal combat with the soul purpose of pushing the higher player, perhaps some or maybe even all of the higher players fleet should be deleted from the account? The player still has his/her account, and has a chance of building up a new fleet, but has still suffered a huge "fine" if you want. And the rest of the universe will find that justice has been served.

As it is now, the GO's has no other option but to perm ban the account. If they are nice they might re-open the account after some time (and some "I won't do it again"-guarantees from the culprit). But this is really only a minor set back. An "all or nothing" solution. GO's don't have the means to make a fair penalty for breaking the rules.
      Dark Matter LogBook
      Adding bots to Ogame universes with low player counts

Here you have the "freedom of speech" as long as you say "everything is OK".
    • the solution is don't break the rule.

In any case normally punishement is progressive, so in rare case start permanent ban at first break of rules. So if an account for example has already break rules 3-4 times, why this player should have still possibility to play ?

Your idea of remove fleets, don't sound a rule equal for everybody ......... maybe for exaple a player is miner and use pushing and has only cargos , while an other is crasher and has a lot of ships ........ so for first lose ships is in % less important that for second player.