Make planet moving cheaper [2 serious options]

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make planet moving cheaper [2 serious options]

At the moment the moving of a planet costs 240,000 dark matter. All nice and well for the rich kids but for the rest who lack proper funding, or can do it only once a month or so I have two ideas:

1. - Make planet moving a lot cheaper, this will increase the activity in the universes. As a side effect of all the 'moving' there should be a downside to all the moving around. Due to the gravimetric sheer on the planet it's loosing fields everything it's moved. Every movement it's loosing a field. Whether a fleet can be moved with the planet or not is a matter of debate, I think the way it is now working is fine.

2. - Planet Jump Technology - This technology is based on the engine principles of the hyperdrive. Engineers found a way to hyperdrive an entire planet using the Big shield dome as a shield bubble around the planet. By increasing this technology the jump to other solar systems can be increased. The higher the technology is developed the more energy is required. It also requires a lot of recharge time, like the Jump Gate. A planet cannot be jumped away when fleets are incoming or outgoing to and from the planet. The moon automatically jumps with it, and also here the same rule applies that the jump gate on that moon cannot be used for 24 hours.

An example:
      - Planet Jump Technology level 1:

Requiring:
      20,000 metal
      40,000 crystal
      15,000 deuterium
      1,000 energy

Can make you do a 1 solar system planet jump, once every 24 hours.

- Planet Jump Technology level 2:
      Requiring
      40,000 metal
      80,000 crystal
      30,000 deuterium
      2,000 energy

Can make you do a 2 solar system planet jump, once every 24 hours.

- Planet Jump Technology level 3:
      Requiring
      80,000 metal
      160,000 crystal
      60,000 deuterium
      4,000 energy

Can make you do a 3 solar system planet jump, once every 24 hours.

- Planet Jump Technology level 4:
      Requiring
      160,000 metal
      320,000 crystal
      120,000 deuterium
      8,000 energy

Can make you do a 4 solar system planet jump, once every 24 hours.

Level 5 - 320k Metal - 640k Crystal - 240k deuterium - 16k energy = 5 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 6 - 640k Metal - 1280k Crystal - 480k deuterium - 32k energy = 6 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 7 - 1280 Metal - 2560k Crystal - 960k deuterium - 64k energy = 7 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      etc.

In order to prevent the biggest players taking too much advantage of this system I used the energy option to limit the level a player can reach.
      Same goes with the terraformer. Resources aren't usually the problem, the needed energy is, especially when you are on a planet 15.

Planet Jump Technology does require the following items:
      - Hyperspace Technology level 10
      - Energy Technology level 12
      - Graviton level 1

The post was edited 1 time, last by Demonfreak ().

• I support this idea but would link it to the graviton tech. First to make that tech more useful and second to make things more difficult. Your planet-move-tech is way too cheap in my opinion.

And I have some more questions. Lots of players colonize a planet to move it to a colder spot later, that would be very easy now. What can we do about that?

What is needed to move a planet a whole galaxy. Fleeters would love that feature I guess.
    • aliendestroyer wrote:

I support this idea but would link it to the graviton tech. First to make that tech more useful and second to make things more difficult. Your planet-move-tech is way too cheap in my opinion.

And I have some more questions. Lots of players colonize a planet to move it to a colder spot later, that would be very easy now. What can we do about that?

What is needed to move a planet a whole galaxy. Fleeters would love that feature I guess.
      Sure, there are possibilities to tinker around with some settings.
      Your point about linking it to Graviton Technology is not so bad either. In stead of requiring the regular level 1 we can opt for level 2.
      About your second question: The current rules about planet relocation's can be the same, getting a big planet at location 8 means you cannot move it to a position 15, but only between 4 and 12.
      And about your third question: If Graviton level 2 is required than also 900,000 energy is required. If you have so much energy you can get quiet far with the Planet Jump technology.

Let's sum it up again:
      Planet Jump Technology does require the following items:
      - Hyperspace Technology level 10
      - Energy Technology level 12
      - Graviton level 2
      Level 1 - 20k Metal - 40k Crystal - 15k deuterium - 1k energy = 1 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 2 - 40k Metal - 80k Crystal - 30k deuterium - 2k energy = 2 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 3 - 80k Metal - 160k Crystal - 60k deuterium - 4k energy = 3 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 4 - 160k Metal - 320k Crystal - 120k deuterium - 8k energy = 4 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 5 - 320k Metal - 640k Crystal - 240k deuterium - 16k energy = 5 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 6 - 640k Metal - 1280k Crystal - 480k deuterium - 32k energy = 6 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 7 - 1280 Metal - 2560k Crystal - 960k deuterium - 64k energy = 7 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 8 - 2560 Metal - 5120k Crystal - 1920k deuterium - 128k energy = 8 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 9 - 5120 Metal - 10240 Crystal - 3840k deuterium - 256k energy = 9 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 10 - 10240 Metal - 20480 Crystal - 7680k deuterium - 512k energy = 10 solar system jumps every 24 hours
      Level 11 - 20480 Metal - 40960 Crystal - 15360k deuterium - 1024k energy = 11 solar system jumps every 24 hours

If you reach graviton level 2, you can jump 10 solar system each 24 hours. So it's not like you can jump around as an idiot, but you can crawl toward your target.

I don't expect GF this to implement because they earn probably a lot of money by planet relocation's for 240k dark matter, which makes this the ideal game for rich kids, or rich people.

If you ask me, GF should put ALL the servers back in 1 big universe, put ALL players together in a bigger sizes universe, with at least 4 speed and the only universe to play. Then you can expect real activity.

Level 7 - 5120 Metal - 10240 Crystal - 3840k deuterium - 256k energy = 9 solar system jumps every 24 hours
    • Demonfreak wrote:

1. - Make planet moving a lot cheaper, this will increase the activity in the universes. As a side effect of all the 'moving' there should be a downside to all the moving around. Due to the gravimetric sheer on the planet it's loosing fields everything it's moved. Every movement it's loosing a field. Whether a fleet can be moved with the planet or not is a matter of debate, I think the way it is now working is fine.
      This idea sound interesting for me .......... I always liked principle to introduce bonus and malus in an new research, action, etc.
      Maybe number of fields lost could be related to the distance of the moving. However, in order not to have a malus too large, in combination with a formula where distance determines the maximum number of spaces that can be lost, introduce a probability that the event happens that decreases inversely (ie the probability is 100% of Lose 1 space, while for example it's 1% to lose the max).

And could be nice to introduce this malus also for relocation with DM ........ maybe in form more little.

Demonfreak wrote:

2. - Planet Jump Technology - This technology is based on the engine principles of the hyperdrive. Engineers found a way to hyperdrive an entire planet using the Big shield dome as a shield bubble around the planet. By increasing this technology the jump to other solar systems can be increased. The higher the technology is developed the more energy is required. It also requires a lot of recharge time, like the Jump Gate. A planet cannot be jumped away when fleets are incoming or outgoing to and from the planet. The moon automatically jumps with it, and also here the same rule applies that the jump gate on that moon cannot be used for 24 hours.
      Sound interesting also this new idea and also the combination with graviton. But you didn't explain if it is possible only to move in same galaxy, or also out of galaxy.

Personally, out of galaxy I should introduce a different from relocation with DM .......... move only planet, moon will be lose.

• TGWo wrote:

This idea sound interesting for me .......... I always liked principle to introduce bonus and malus in an new research, action, etc.Maybe number of fields lost could be related to the distance of the moving. However, in order not to have a malus too large, in combination with a formula where distance determines the maximum number of spaces that can be lost, introduce a probability that the event happens that decreases inversely (ie the probability is 100% of Lose 1 space, while for example it's 1% to lose the max).

And could be nice to introduce this malus also for relocation with DM ........ maybe in form more little.
      Sound interesting also this new idea and also the combination with graviton. But you didn't explain if it is possible only to move in same galaxy, or also out of galaxy.
      Personally, out of galaxy I should introduce a different from relocation with DM .......... move only planet, moon will be lose.
      Loosing fields should be set to a maximum, otherwise you can move around very limited. Let's say 20 fields as a maximum. You can reach such a loss in 20 days if you move your planet each day.

About getting from one galaxy to the next, there should be no issue. If you can jump 5 systems and are you in, for example 4:3:12 you can jump to 3:498:12.