New moon building: Lunar Sunshade reduces the min. temperature of the planet

• Resources and Facilities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New moon building: Lunar Sunshade reduces the min. temperature of the planet

In the recent Ogame newsletter, it was announced that he team is working on a new moon building.
      This makes sense because so far moons are not so much attracting for miners and a new moon building would increase the need for field on the moon (and therefor also the need for such items).

Here, I propose the moon building "Lunar Sunshade".

The "Lunar Sunshade" is partially darkening the planet and in this way cooling the oceanns which are holding the precious deuterium.

Each level of the Lunar Sunshade is reducing the minimal temperature of the planet.
      (Maybe by 10°C-20°C or using a more enhanced formula)

In consequence, the production of the deuterium synthesizer is enhanced.

In order to work, the deut. production needs to be calculated using the min. temperature instead of the max. temperature of the planet.
      So far the min. temp is just the max. temp. minus 40°C and serves no further purpose.

While the production of the satellites stays unchanged (depending on T_max) the deut production can be optimized.
      This gives players the chance to fine tune their planets.

The following advantages would come with the Lunar Sunshade:

• giving sense to T_min of the planet
      • making moons (and moon fields) more attractive for non-fleeters
      • creating the possibility to use hot planets for deut production
    • If this does not step in the way of implementing a new system (or altering the game) to stabilize the protection that a moon provides, I like it too.

I think it's a cool idea. And no harm to anyone.

But again, if it doesn't step in the toes of developing something to ensure moons are as safe as before all these recent changes that came after redesign.
    • I really support this idea or another idea which make it worth it to invest in a moon for a miner. Now I just sent sometimes a cargofleet through the jump gate and never use the moon further. Besides the jump gate it's really a dead object for a miner, why would you invest in it when the jump gate is build?

So ogame development team please do something about this. The interesting thing about miners game is to find out what to build in which order to get an optimal efficiency. That miners game would be more interesting when the moons are involved. Maybe the hyperspace tech, laser tech or graviton tech could be involved into this so these techs get a purpose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by aliendestroyer ().

• I was thinking about this idea this morning and I'm going to work my plans out in this post.

I wanted to see a few things represented in the idea:
      - Moon
      - Building
      - Temperature on the planet
      - Laser technology (since this technology doesn't have a purpose above level 12)

My idea is to create a lunar sunshade building which reduces the temperature at the planet with 1 degree celcius per level. So if you have a planet with max 68 and min 28 temperature at level 5 it will be max 63 and min 23 temperature. This lunar sunshade building could only be build when it's level is lower or equal as the level of the laser technology. Don't know yet how to use the laser technology in a physical way in this building but maybe we can find something about it.

With the costs for level 1 I think about 500 metal - 1000 crystal and 500 deuterium. They double per level.

With this idea players have to invest in their moons, make a choice between lunar sunshade or phalanx since both use a lot of fields. The deut production doesn't rise dramatically so it doesn't make gameplay whole different.

PS: Three researches are without purpose at the higher levels now, these are hyperspace, graviton and laser. Hyperspace will be used in this accepted idea. I want to use graviton for this idea, so laser technology would be left for the idea in this post.

The post was edited 1 time, last by aliendestroyer ().