Any news on mergers or updates to the game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any news on mergers or updates to the game?

Mergers are not a solution to the scarcity of players in OGame, but at least gives some interest to dead universes.
      Are there any news of a new wave of mergers? I believe it's needed in most communities, activity in most universes is (again) at minimum.

And, apart from that, are there any news on the change of space in large and small cargos, and recyclers depending on the level of Hyperspace?

And less probable, but anyways: any idea of what is going to be done with Graviton at levels higher than 1?

Thanks, but it's been a while since we had news about OGame :(
    • Actually there are some news. To quote koop on the question "When will be the next merge?": "Ehm, we currently try to make it this year"
      Short summary on international merges: Maybe, we already had the idea, but currently not, we would need to build it new and it would be hard to balance.

Source:
      Currently only in german but I guess someone will sub it^^

But thats all there is on this topic.

Origin Admin
      OGame-Tech Chief
    • I suppose it's nice to have those pseudonews :)

But anyways, there are a few things that bug me a bit. The change in hyperspace... I really can't see it taking more than a day to adapt the code. Change the code, deploy to the testserver, and one week or so later if everything goes well, deploy to origin and after some time to the common universes. What makes it take so long?

And about the mergers... I imagine it's more work, but still, after 3 or 4 waves of mergers, it might be a bit more systematic and won't take so much energy to prepare. But okey, let's accept that that may take a bit longer than changing the space of cargos.

The question about graviton was just to fill a bit the original post; I understand creating something new (like wreckfields) definitely takes some time, but still ideas could be told to the community.

And about international mergers, may be not that radical, but they could make an opt-in, create snapshots of accounts of a few players that want to play in an international “merged” uni, and then paste those “snapshots” there, and duplicate accounts to test if it goes well.

But what's worse is the feeling of abandonment we have.
      The change of hyperspace could be done in almost no time, and the mergers, if there was will to do it it would be done quickly too. But it seems that there's not enough “will”.

Thanks for your answers, we could keep this discussion a bit alive :)
    • i wanted to open a new thread, but when in this forum I saw this and remembered that I had already written here :D

So here I am, again, asking the same.

¿Any news? About anything, whatever is happening would be nice to know. I thought that with those monthly videos the idea was to open to the community, and be more transparent. But I see nothing of that.

This forum seems dead. They really talk nothing that matters in those videos. Miner vs. fleeter discussion (this is like something that was “hot” in 2007, but now I couldn't believe it when I saw they joking about that); crazy change ideas for the future (not that this is bad, but gives a bad feeling with all the things that are wrong currently, and the changes that we are expecting, and they don't seem to acknowledge them); Legor's car, etc. :D

If they gave even a bit of interesting information, that distressed discussion could be nice, but the monthly news are totally empty videos that show zero of that transparency of what they seemed to look for.

Please, c'mon, you (gameforge) could try being transparent, talk about the changes that are due, explain why do we still have bugs, I don't know...
      And this is like a snowball, a vicious circle, the less we like the game, the less professional people will want to help being in the teams, the worse attention the community gets when writing tickets, the less people like the game...

I don't know, I guess it's sadness.

Not trying to attack, just that I would love to see the game and us, the community, better treated, and what I see deeply saddens me.

Again, any news (and by any, I mean any, in any direction, about any subject, but not what car does Legor have)?
    • piink said they plan on doing it, but can't currently give a date, but when we have a date then it will be announced to the community :)

About still having bugs in the game, I can tell from my lessons in Software Development that it just happens, it's not ideal that it should happen but in reality it just happens but then it means we still have developers on OGame that are doing something :)
      Origin Supporter
      TM - OGame.dk
      Mail: erikfyr@ogame.dk