A Hall Of Fame area for the ingame highscore - Visibility of player with highest level of a certain buliding /reasearch as long term motivation for the game

• General

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Hall Of Fame area for the ingame highscore - Visibility of player with highest level of a certain buliding /reasearch as long term motivation for the game

I am proposing the implementation of a "Hall Of Fame" area for the ingame highscore.
      Such an area could be reached by a new button on the right hand side of the highscore (where on the left are the buttons for player and alliance).

What is it?
      Clicking this button leads to a new table which is listing for all kind of buildings and research each the highest level achieved in this particular universe and the playerwho has reached it.
      Manly I am proposing the kind of statistic to be implemented ingame which is already available in the forum (but unfortunately those manually created tables are not up to date and not universe specific).

What is it good for?
      This easy-to-implement extension of the highscore will provide new goals to reach ingame.
      Especially for non-fleeters this could lead to a deeper and longer commitment to the game.
      Furthermore it would motivate some players to continue with research/buildings they would normally not do such as laser tech > 12, gravi >1 and so on.

What else?
      One could think about the option that players can choose to be invisible for this statistics, if they, for any reason, don’t want the rest of the community to know that they have such high building levels /research levels.
      I'm now looking forward for your feedback on my opinion.

Best regards,
      Milchreis
    • I'd say these could be divided into Economy and Research sub-sections similar to how it's already made for the Military highscore with 4 smaller (Built/Destroyed/Lost & Honor Points) buttons. Implementing such details-enriched ladder would be a very rational move since people have been tracking this kind of achievements through the forums as long ago as the times of the game's year 2003 launch. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• Milchreis wrote:

I am proposing the implementation of a "Hall Of Fame" area for the ingame highscore.
      Such an area could be reached by a new button on the right hand side of the highscore (where on the left are the buttons for player and alliance).

What is it?
      Clicking this button leads to a new table which is listing for all kind of buildings and research each the highest level achieved in this particular universe and the playerwho has reached it.
      Manly I am proposing the kind of statistic to be implemented ingame which is already available in the forum (but unfortunately those manually created tables are not up to date and not universe specific).

What is it good for?
      This easy-to-implement extension of the highscore will provide new goals to reach ingame.
      Especially for non-fleeters this could lead to a deeper and longer commitment to the game.
      Furthermore it would motivate some players to continue with research/buildings they would normally not do such as laser tech > 12, gravi >1 and so on.

What else?
      One could think about the option that players can choose to be invisible for this statistics, if they, for any reason, don’t want the rest of the community to know that they have such high building levels /research levels.
      I'm now looking forward for your feedback on my opinion.

Best regards,
      Milchreis

Very good idea :)

I don't know if so easy to implement as you suggest but it could be a good kind of stadistic.

I'd just add a cooldown of 24h to enable/disable invisible option, just to avoid edge cases.
    • Why exactly there should be a possibility to become invisible on enriched Economical ladder at all? Perhaps, it makes sense for the Research, where engine levels can simply be excluded. At the same time, it seems reasonable to me if expanded Infrastructure ladder will list the highest levels of every building for all of the existing players and function just like the rest of available statistics does. :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Smoke Nightvogue ().

• not hard to implement. create new page, look up biggest of each asset using MAX(). print it out with the players name.

===
      allow players to share their mine incomes publicly and possibly rank by various criteria: total res, value of res, or rank by res type separately.
      ===

if it gives away too much info when youre sat crashed, theres work arounds but ranks always reveal who gets hit.
      Dor - Cygnus - En

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dor ().