Login is closed for Retro server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This story is turning into a wreck for the GF. After so many days i think we deserve a news of some kind. Is it over? Say that. Is anyone working at this? Announce that. Noone is working at this but there's some kind of future plan? Let we know.
      It's not so hard to write a comunication and it's surely better than leaving the users and the origin staff abandoned (they clearly didn't get a reply, like us).
      If this is the consideration deserved by GF's costumers, i don't think that many people will want to mess with this anymore.
      #6 Retro server - Fra [N O X]
      #5 Andromeda.us - Fra.. [Dynamic]
    • (At this point I think (you let this) it is appropriate to overdramatize it, so that after there won't be too much to laugh)

Hello fellow-sufferers,
      it's been six days. The Cassandra Prophecy was lasting from one day ...
      There's too silence and the most worrying is that of the players.
      Staff members are back to take care of their domains of provenance.
      At this point, I'm sorry to say, but we are alone,
      here we are the only ones left and we are decreasing and the only respect leftover is among us.
      Tonight TGWo certainly comes to cheer us up, but it's late.
      (we are players so special and discreet that soon we will be no longer even.)

Et plus tard un Ange, entr'ouvrant les portes,
      Viendra ranimer, fidèle et joyeux,
      Les miroirs ternis et les flammes mortes.

from Cassandra to Baudelaire: things get better.
    • have you guys ever worked on something like this? like coding and stuff?
      have you guys ever been in PR?

think of this as a navigation system, when there is no turn to make it wont tell you to keep straight, right?

common sense please
      03-11-05 17:16:47 Allianz [reTOS] Mitgliedschaft in Allianz [reTOS] beendet
      Spieler Sanguinius hat die Allianz [reTOS] aufgelöst.
      Sie und alle anderen Spieler können sich nun neu bewerben
      R.I.P, baby
    • In fact we are not complaining about the problem on itself (at least most of us). I would be happy also if the server will close, they killed it anyways(*).
      We're complaining about the complete absence of feedback to the users. THIS is common sense.

(*): I just want to be sure that they won't reopen without v-mode, so that my acc won't turn into a farm.
      #6 Retro server - Fra [N O X]
      #5 Andromeda.us - Fra.. [Dynamic]
    • Canarefr wrote:

(*): I just want to be sure that they won't reopen without v-mode, so that my acc won't turn into a farm.

I am not sure if that's the best idea. I still prefer old non-attack ban (fleets can't be launched for attack). For 24 hours or something maybe as 12 hours after so long absence from game for some players isn't enough to notice server online.
      Problem with vacation mode is that many players won't even bother to get out of it. You know this... "not yet ... it's sunny outside... maybe some day later..." - which never happens.
      I am afraid that if this server come online with mass vacation mode after so many days of downtime it will be as good as dead.
      ex #1st ranked uni14 .org
      ex #1st ranked uni1 .us
      ex #1st ranked andromeda .si
    • Canarefr wrote:

We're complaining about the complete absence of feedback to the users. THIS is common sense.

so you do yell at your navigation system when there is a junction coming and it doesn't say anything?
      it really is common sense and widespread practice to not say anything if there is nothing (new) to say.
      common misconception is commenting stuff like "our php technician just sat down with his 2346245165th cup of coffe trying to solve our problem".
      03-11-05 17:16:47 Allianz [reTOS] Mitgliedschaft in Allianz [reTOS] beendet
      Spieler Sanguinius hat die Allianz [reTOS] aufgelöst.
      Sie und alle anderen Spieler können sich nun neu bewerben
      R.I.P, baby
    • Common sense or not, the situation is hilarious.

Discovering America didn't take longer. We don't want the problem to be solved in 2 hours of course, every one here is an old player so we do have patience. Though I'd like to read something, just knowing that they are working on this but they can't see the problem or if it's going to take a long time or it will be solved in a week.
      I don't want to read anything fake, we do want to know what's going on and what they're doing about it
    • Rusiak wrote:

common misconception is commenting stuff like "our php technician just sat down with his 2346245165th cup of coffe trying to solve our problem".

We don't know if that's the case, right?

It can be also "we hope that our php technician will find some time to check into code of this old game in future" or something third.
      Stop making up stories, as any UPDATE where we are at this moment with this game, is better than none.
      No one yells at anyone here. It's just civilized discussion where's normal that after relatively long downtime of server players wants to know what's going on.

Rusiak wrote:

it really is common sense and widespread practice to not say anything if there is nothing (new) to say.

That's also not true. It's common sense and widespread practice at internet to stay in touch and communicate with user base in case of downtime (gameforge is there exception of course). Any update is better than none. For those who are interested of course. Sadly game volunteers (S/GOs/etc) usually takes all the heat instead of proper people, but that's completely different story.
      ex #1st ranked uni14 .org
      ex #1st ranked uni1 .us
      ex #1st ranked andromeda .si

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sorcy ().